Universal's Aventura Hotel

ABQ

Also makes me think of the Cingular Wireless logo, albeit with a missing leg.
wallpaper_20100817091123_21380279202.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We stayed here on our trip last week and enjoyed it. Previously we had stayed at Cabana Bay so I was going back and forth between the two since they were the same price, but decided to try something new. The big selling point for me between the two was that Aventura being a tower it allowed for a shorter walk to hotel amenities. At Cabana Bay we had a room at the far end of one of the wings which made for a long walk. I also liked how easy it was to get from Aventura to the Sapphire Falls boat dock so we used that most of the time instead of the bus.

The hotel has a very clean modern look that will appeal to some people but probably not others and the roof town lounge was very cool. The technology in the room is interesting but some of it was not well implemented. There was a Bluetooth speaker but I didn't see any obvious instructions on how to use it, I assume it was in the room control tablet. My biggest issue with the in room tech was the light control from the tablet. Some of the lights had manual controls, but not all of them. More then once we went to the vanity outside the bathroom only to have to go back to the tablet to turn the light on. If there was a manual switch it wasn't obvious to me. The bathroom light was the opposite problem, only a manual control. We got into bed, went to turn the lights off, only to find you couldn't control the bathroom light from the tablet.

The delivery robots were an interesting gimmick. We didn't get an opportunity to use them, but I did see these two having a standoff at the elevator.

1651619239762.png

We had a room on a higher floor facing towards Disney so you could see Space Ship Earth, the Contemporary and Space Mountain in the distance.

1651619319961.png

At night we could see both Harmonius and Enchantment.

1651619399786.png

Last edited:

matt9112

We stayed here on our trip last week and enjoyed it. Previously we had stayed at Cabana Bay so I was going back and forth between the two since they were the same price, but decided to try something new. The big selling point for me between the two was that Aventura being a tower it allowed for a shorter walk to hotel amenities. At Cabana Bay we had a room at the far end of one of the wings which made for a long walk. I also liked how easy it was to get from Aventura to the Sapphire Falls boat dock so we used that most of the time instead of the bus.

The hotel has a very clean modern look that will appeal to some people but probably not others and the roof town lounge was very cool. The technology in the room is interesting but some of it was not well implemented. There was a Bluetooth speaker but I didn't see any obvious instructions on how to use it, I assume it was in the room control tablet. My biggest issue with the in room tech was the light control from the tablet. Some of the lights had manual controls, but not all of them. More then once we went to the vanity outside the bathroom only to have to go back to the tablet to turn the light on. If there was a manual switch it wasn't obvious to me. The bathroom light was the opposite problem, only a manual control. We got into bed, went to turn the lights off, only to find you couldn't control the bathroom light from the tablet.

The delivery robots were an interesting gimmick. We didn't get an opportunity to use them, but I did see these two having a standoff at the elevator.

View attachment 636803

We had a room on a higher floor facing towards Disney so you could see Space Ship Earth, the Contemporary and Space Mountain in the distance.

View attachment 636804

At night we could see both Harmonius and Enchantment.

View attachment 636805

We might have to give this a shot. I have stayed at cabana bay twice and had both the experience you mentioned as well as a more recent stay where I was in one of the indoor long buildings and the trek was not only shorter but indoors. I'm not sure how to request to not be in the "motel" section of cabana. How far is the boat dock you mention? I know sapphire is "next door" but I dont have any context

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We might have to give this a shot. I have stayed at cabana bay twice and had both the experience you mentioned as well as a more recent stay where I was in one of the indoor long buildings and the trek was not only shorter but indoors. I'm not sure how to request to not be in the "motel" section of cabana. How far is the boat dock you mention? I know sapphire is "next door" but I dont have any context
It's about a five minute walk, just follow the red line and down the spiral staircase in Saphire.
1651686843277.png

JoeCamel

Motel (exterior doors) is the North section with family suites. Its nice to have the extra room and only a few dollars more than south towers.

matt9112

Motel (exterior doors) is the North section with family suites. Its nice to have the extra room and only a few dollars more than south towers.

Ah yes I remember we had a big party. But I much rather the long indoor buildings. Elevators directly into the lobby was good.

JoeCamel

Ah yes I remember we had a big party. But I much rather the long indoor buildings. Elevators directly into the lobby was good.
And I'm the other way, too much traffic in the towers for me. I stay on the road side in the North building and it seems to be very quiet so built well? That or volcano view! I don't mind the walk from there

Frankenstein79

It looks like an alright resort, I just don't like the untheming. I would have liked it more if the interior had a more futuristic look. Like the Jetsons, but more new age.

Rob562

I'm not sure how to request to not be in the "motel" section of cabana.

It's set by what you book. The North wing "motel" section is all Family Suites with "exterior entry". The family suites in the south buildings are "interior entry". All standard rooms are in the interior entry south buildings.

Typically the exterior entry suites are slightly cheaper, and I actually prefer them because the windows are in the living room, making it bright and livable. In the interior entry rooms the windows are in the bedroom, making the living room feel like a dark closet.

-Rob

matt9112

It's set by what you book. The North wing "motel" section is all Family Suites with "exterior entry". The family suites in the south buildings are "interior entry". All standard rooms are in the interior entry south buildings.

Typically the exterior entry suites are slightly cheaper, and I actually prefer them because the windows are in the living room, making it bright and livable. In the interior entry rooms the windows are in the bedroom, making the living room feel like a dark closet.

-Rob

Makes sense. I had no idea all those rooms were family suits till just now. I get the window thing but to be fair I dont plan to spend alot of time in the room and I would rather the interior entry for sure. Man I remember when it was well under 100 a night to stay at cabana.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom