Universal When It Rains

Luau Cove

Original Poster
What happens to IoA's coasters when it rains? IF they close people who payed the day have right to get mad, since probably they went because of the coasters and wild rides. I remember Dudley Do closed in rainy days, but I really don't recall the coasters...

-->LUAU

Tom Morrow

IOA will leave the coasters running unless the rain gets really bad. If they do close them, its only temporary, because they will open them up as soon as the rain stops or dies down. Last November, I decided to ride Hulk while it was lightly raining, and there was no line. Just as my luck would have it, as soon as I launched, the light rain turned into a massive downpour, which was painful and left me soaked. Right when I got off the ride, the rain stopped. :brick: So IoA probably doesn't close their coasters unless there is a really bad storm.

NowInc

I have been stuck on hulk when it poured before...it SUCKED...

As any of my fellow floridians can vouche..Rain here is very sporadic and random..and it could be raining across the street but be sunny where you are...they wouldnt close down anything in IoA unless its a BIG storm...

Luau Cove

Original Poster
Universal Studios luckily doesn't need a splendid sun to run perfectly, maybe Jaws, but is a Jungle Cruise type of ride, so I guess there's no problem.
In IoA Jurassic Park River Adventure also closes when rainy.

-->LUAU

Tom Morrow

Universal seems to have a very loose policy of shutting coasters down when it rains. At most parks, the coasters are temporarily closed for any rainfall bigger than a drizzle.

woofboy111

Most of the time, water rides do not close down unless there is lightning in the area. The coasters will stay open unless there is lightning, or if the tracks get too slippery for the ride to function properly.

Also...Jaws will close down in the rain even if it isn't ligntning because the rain will ruin the fire effects.

MrPromey

Originally posted by woofboy111
Most of the time, water rides do not close down unless there is lightning in the area. The coasters will stay open unless there is lightning, or if the tracks get too slippery for the ride to function properly.

Also...Jaws will close down in the rain even if it isn't ligntning because the rain will ruin the fire effects.

Yep, lightening is another big concern. They will shut those rides down even if it isn't raining and there is lightening in the area. That's one of the big downfall to a mostly outdoor park.

Most park policy's are that the ride will stay open during the rain. But once there is lightning in a certian mile radius they will shut the ride down for saftey till it passes. It really depends on the superviser on duty that will determine when the ride shuts down and reopens. Most times if there is a long line they don't like people to get even more ticked off because they have to wait even longer to ride the coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom