Universal Ticket Prices go up

Sean23

Original Poster
They announced on the news this morning that the one day ticket prices would go up to $49.95.

Disney4648

Well thats great for Universal, more power to them....but with the higher prices....more guests will choose disney!!!!!

-Cam

woofboy111

Well, it probably won't be long before disney follows. That's usually how it goes. First Sea World raises their pricew, then Universal, and Disney follows. It doesn't really make sense though, as bad as the parks are doing right now, wouldn't it be better to lower the prices to get more people to come instead of raising them a few dollars and getting less?

tenchu

The people who are gonna go to the parks will go anyway, even if the prices have been put up. I could only think that that price rise might affect florida residents going.

woofboy111

Originally posted by tenchu
The people who are gonna go to the parks will go anyway, even if the prices have been put up. I could only think that that price rise might affect florida residents going.

I'm a florida resident and I wouldn't go to the parks with a day ticket unless they were under $20.00. It doesn't matter what park. I'll wait till I can get free tickets from my cast memeber friends, or until my current annual pass is expired. I think for florida residents that go to any theme park in the area more than 3 times a year, Annual passes are worth it.

tenchu

Originally posted by woofboy111

I'm a florida resident and I wouldn't go to the parks with a day ticket unless they were under $20.00. It doesn't matter what park. I'll wait till I can get free tickets from my cast memeber friends, or until my current annual pass is expired. I think for florida residents that go to any theme park in the area more than 3 times a year, Annual passes are worth it.

Thats exactly what i mean. For sopmeone coming from britain though, another 5 dollars isn't gonna make them stay at home.

Al

Originally posted by tenchu

Thats exactly what i mean. For sopmeone coming from britain though, another 5 dollars isn't gonna make them stay at home.

you took the words right outta my mouth :)

ksdave

I agree with tenchu. My last family trip to FL was two days at USF and five at WDW. For the four of us, the whole trip cost $8,000. Do you really think an extra $20 or $40 for passes will change our minds about going again??
NOT!!

Claire L

I know I've already posted this on another thread but check out Universal's website for purchasing an Annual Power Pass for $99.95. It has unlimited entry although there are blackout dates which are every weekend June 29th to August 11th inclusive and Christmas. Any time outside the blackout dates and you make a great saving if you intend to visit USF or IOA for more than 3 days.
Just thought I'd let you all know.
Counting the days. 84 to go!! :lol: :sohappy:
Claire L

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
at least Universal is doing something w/ the extra money they're charging... they gave most of their employees a raise, and are building 3 new attractions... unlike WDW, which the price raise is only there to help offset losses in 2001.

JoeZerboy

I think for florida residents that go to any theme park in the area more than 3 times a year, Annual passes are worth it.

Amen to that...and I'm not a Florida resident [at least not since 95] and I've got an annual pass for USF/IOA. Three visits and it paid for itself...and now I have 3-4 months of freebie use until it expires. :) Which helps a lot since I'm down there about 4-6 times a year.:D

MrPromey

Well, it probably won't be long before disney follows. That's usually how it goes. First Sea World raises their pricew, then Universal, and Disney follows. It doesn't really make sense though, as bad as the parks are doing right now, wouldn't it be better to lower the prices to get more people to come instead of raising them a few dollars and getting less?

It has long been held that ticket prices tend to stay about the same for everything in this area because every time someone raises their prices, the others follow so as not to appear as a discount park. Actually, if you think about it, we would all expect Disney to be the most expensive to begin with even though they often aren't the ones that start the price increases. There was an article in the Orlando Sentinel about it a while back when Sea World raised their prices.

MrPromey

Originally posted by mktiggerman
and are building 3 new attractions...

Yes, but in that article, they spoke of it as 3 new MAJOR attractions and all three are supposed to open within the next year. How major of an attraction (besides another outside coaster) could they really build from start to finish in under a year?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by MrPromey
How major of an attraction (besides another outside coaster) could they really build from start to finish in under a year?

if they have all the planning done, all the designwork done. nothing left to do, but build it, they could all easiliy be built in a year

DLMAGICDARREN

Did Disney raise prices yet? I mean recently? I'm a passholder so I don't pay a lot of attention to the one day park prices, but I hadn't heard that Disney has announced an increase recently.

Universal may have plans, but 3 major attraction won't be delivered in only one year. They are simply in the developement stage now.

Rider

They could have all the design work done. Just got to build it.

Cedar Point announced MF in the fall of '99. No one knew what it would be before that but they had been planning it for 3 years. In Spring 2000 it was open.

DLMAGICDARREN

I agree with you rider, there is no doubt Cedar point may have hid a special attraction that came in 2000, even though it was anounced in 1999.

However you gotta realize a park won't deliver three of these miricles in one year's timeframe. Universal has three projects on the drawing board, that does not mean all of them will be delivered this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom