Universal Studios VS. Islands of Adventure?

Which park is better?

• Universal Studios

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Islands of Adventure

Votes: 31 64.6%

• Total voters

djlaosc

In 2011 (my last trip), USF was easily my #8 park in the Orlando/Tampa Area that I have been to (MK, E, DHS, DAK, USF, IOA, SWO, BGTB). IOA was easily Top 3.

But, since 2011, USF has added Despicable Me, Superstar Parade, Cinematic Spectacular, Transformers, Twirl 'n' Hurl, and will be adding Diagon Alley, Gringotts and the Hogwarts Express by the time I go.

It is now the park that I am most looking forward to seeing on my next trip (2014), and I would think that my Top 3 will be becoming a Top 4!

Mickey_777

We just found ourselves asking this same question as we wanted to add one day at Uni to our 5 at WDW last month. We chose IOA. Mostly because the Seuss area gave us lots of options for riding with our toddler. I also wanted to experience Potter for the first time plus I feel that USF has become a hodgepodge of attractions (albeit good) on top of one another. I can't get over transformers' location or where the new potter stuff is going to be. Anywho...

IOA is a fantastic park without a doubt. Hulk is awesome. Potter is quality. Spiderman 2.0 is even better (best attraction at Uni IMO). The theming is great all around though superhero island could be plussed detail wise. The Hulk queue, for example, looks great walking in but really looks half done when you get up close. But all in all my wife and I want to visit again with our kids. For now, IOA all the way.

inchy warrior

USF for me. Im not a coaster fan so I choose the attractions over them instead.
Although I love Marvel Superheroes island theming I only go on Spiderman whereas Uni has S4d, T2:3D, twister,Disaster, MIB, ET, the make up show and Beetlejuice show which I all love

luv

This is terribly hard, lol. I go back and forth with it.

I'd probably tell most newbies to go to IoA, but I spend more time going to USF. Maybe USF is my favorite. The removal of Amity and the Jaws ride lessens the park for me.

I just don't know. :)

HakunaMatata89

having to chose i'd say IOA because of the marvel presence, jurassic park, potter world and toon area. but i enjoy both parks for what they are.

i do secretly wish they would expand the jurassic park area.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Studios for me. As crazy it sounds, and despite the awesomeness of IOA and my massive love for Epcot, it's honestly been my favorite park in Orlando since I was a child. I loved being able to "ride the movies" then, and I still do! Every attraction is great to me, and there's just something about the place that I love. It's relaxing. I'm perfectly happy just walking around there doing nothing - kinda like at Epcot. It's weird, heh. :oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom