Universal Studios Singapore - Review

Mark_E

Original Poster
Just thought I'd share some thoughts on the park in Singapore which I've been lucky enough to go to now through my travels with work. I've only ever been to the Florida parks before.

If I had to use one word to describe Universal Singapore - Small! That's not to say there is not a lot to do (because there is a fair bit) but you can walk

Universal Singapore is split into 7 zones.

Hollywood -
Not much here. There is a show called Monster Rock which I saw and thought was truly awful. Worst theme park show I've seen to be honest, lots of people walking out.

New York -
Sesame Street Spaghetti Chase - such a cute ride, similar ride system as Peter Pan at WDW. Orlando could do with something like this for the kids, although not sure on how popular Sesame Street is in the states.
Lights Camera Action - Similar to both Twister and Disaster, this takes you into a soundstage and simulates a category 5 hurricane hitting NYC, I thought it was absolutely excellent, definitely better than twister and I'd probably say on par with Disaster.

Sci Fi City -
Transformers - this was my first experience of the transformers ride and I thought it was excellent! Glad to see this has made it to the Orlando parks.
Accelerator - a direct clone of Storm force.

Unfortunately the battle star galactica ride remains closed after many months. They look amazing, so it's a shame that they will probably never run again. I've heard there was some kind of "accident" but I can't find anything conclusive.

Ancient Egypt
Revenge of the Mummy.
The track is pretty much an exact replica of the Orlando version, with only very minor changes to the story. Excellent ride, I found the launch effect much better on this version.
Treasure Hunters - standard sort of car ride, something for the kids.

The Lost World
Jurassic Park Rapids - WOW... This was just amazing. I much preferred this ride in rapids version than the standard big boats, although the final drop is obviously not as epic. What amazed me though is how you are lifted up in an elevator to the final drop, something I'd never seen before. We got rather soaked on this one, but we were thankful due to the heat in Singapore.
Waterworld - I loved this show! Great effects and good fun.
Canopy Flyers, similar to the Orlando flyers but with 4 people per car (2 forward facing two rear facing). Rather fast to be honest, definitely took me by surprise!

Far Far Away,
The only thing of much interest here is Shrek 4D, which I couldn't count how many times I've seen it before, there is also Enchanted Airways which was a small coaster similar to Barnstormer/woody Woodpecker

Madagascar
A Crate Adventure. I was slightly let down by this as it wasn't really an "adventure" I was expecting maybe a small drop like on Pirates of the Carribbean but it remained as calm as it's a small world. It takes you through the story of the film and that's about it. Would be disappointing to get this attraction in Orlando as it lacks any real excitement.

All in all a good day out definitely worth a visit if you happen to be in Singapore!
Hoping to do my 3rd universal park soon and visit the original in Hollywood.

IndianaJones

Madagascar
A Crate Adventure. I was slightly let down by this as it wasn't really an "adventure" I was expecting maybe a small drop like on Pirates of the Carribbean but it remained as calm as it's a small world. It takes you through the story of the film and that's about it. Would be disappointing to get this attraction in Orlando as it lacks any real excitement.
I'm personally okay with this. We know UNI can do thrills. I don't mind a few tamer rides to cool down on. So I would welcome this in Florida.

That being said, I'm glad you had a great time. Would be neat to visit there someday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom