Universal Studios Japan Visit in February. Please help

Greenkai3000

Original Poster
So this will be my very visit to Osaka, and was hoping I'd help some help on USJ. I unfortunately had to make reservations in Osaka for Saturday and Sunday, in the middle of February. I'm pretty sure this means big time crowds at the park.

Is there a realistic plan of attack for us to enjoy USJ as much as possible, crowds and all? We have been to both Universal Orlando , and Universal Studios Hollywood. We likely won't be spending extra on Express Passes. So, What day is better to visit, Saturday or Sunday? Are there any rides we shouldn't miss? Treats or food we should definitely try? Anything unique to USJ worth standing in line for? How early should we get to the gets if we are staying on property?

Thanks in advance.

SweetDuffy101

So this will be my very visit to Osaka, and was hoping I'd help some help on USJ. I unfortunately had to make reservations in Osaka for Saturday and Sunday, in the middle of February. I'm pretty sure this means big time crowds at the park.

Is there a realistic plan of attack for us to enjoy USJ as much as possible, crowds and all? We have been to both Universal Orlando , and Universal Studios Hollywood. We likely won't be spending extra on Express Passes. So, What day is better to visit, Saturday or Sunday? Are there any rides we shouldn't miss? Treats or food we should definitely try? Anything unique to USJ worth standing in line for? How early should we get to the gets if we are staying on property?

Thanks in advance.

Since its february, You should try Universal Cool Japan special event, for starters its an USJ original event themed to Detective Conan, Monster Hunter, Sailor Moon and Final Fantasy taking over animation Street, and its a 2018 original attractions which means next winter will be a brand new set of Anime characters.

and In 2018 also there is going to be a brand new nighttime parade Universal spectacle nights still unknown on when it will debut.

and for big crowds you should try for single rider lane to ease the wait, but some attractions doesnt have it, and if you reaaly wanna ride as many as possible, i would recommend buying an Express Pass,and Go to Minion Park and Wizarding world of Harry Potter, and for the kids try Universal Wonderland, its the land dedicated to Sesame Street, Hello Kitty and the Peanuts gang.

and if youre into new rides you should queue for the Flying coaster,.and try queueing for Single rider lane, and a USJ Hollywood Dream ride with 2 types of experience the Backdrop and then theres the regular ride where you can choose the song of your choice, and if you should check out USJ website for more info, and operating hours restaurants and more.

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks in advance.

I implore you to get Express Passes. You will have a very bad time without them. Very bad.

Standby waits aren’t just long at USJ, they’re prohibitive. I went on a weekday and most rides were 3-5 hours all day.

Trust me - Express Passes are worth every single penny.

Universal is big on clones, so ride’s will be familiar. JAWS is a must since it’s the only one left. Hollywood Dream and Flying Dinosaur are very fun but unthemed outdoor coasters. Potter is identical to USH, but with 3D on FJ (not a good thing).

Space Fantasy will be a VR Final Fantasy coaster during your visit. Animation Celebration is unique to USJ, as is the wonderland kiddie area. Minion Mayhem uses the BTTF ride system.

Greenkai3000

Original Poster
Thanks for the good advise so far.

I definitely would like to ride Flying Dinosaur, Hollywood Dream, and Jaws. Are there any times during the day when the lines aren't as long? Say during a show or parade, or before closing time?

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks for the good advise so far.

I definitely would like to ride Flying Dinosaur, Hollywood Dream, and Jaws. Are there any times during the day when the lines aren't as long? Say during a show or parade, or before closing time?

JAWS tends to have shorter lines than the other rides. Hollywood Dream and Flying Dinosaur have the longest waits in the park (except for maybe Potter, which you need a timed return ticket just to enter the land). If you show up two hours before opening and are at the front of the crowd running in at rope drop, you *might* be able to do Flying Dino with a 30 minute wait or less. Might. The lines do not go down during parades. Again, we’re talking about 3-5 hour waits.

I can’t stress how worth it Express Passes are at this park. If you get them (they offer them in different combinations) do so in advance, they will be gone by the time you arrive day of. Regardless, buy your tickets in advance. Ticket booth lines at USJ are no joke.

Jwhee

Rides unique to the park-
Jaws
Backdraft
Terminator 2:3D
animation celebration
Flying dinosaur
Hollywood dream
Space fantasy

Make sure to see WaterWorld!

Greenkai3000

Original Poster
Rides unique to the park-
Jaws
Backdraft
Terminator 2:3D
animation celebration
Flying dinosaur
Hollywood dream
Space fantasy

Make sure to see WaterWorld!
I"ve experienced Backdraft, T2 3D, and WaterWorld at USH in California, so I may need to skip those in Japan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom