Universal Studios Florida vs Islands of Adventure

Better park?

• Total voters

Minnesota disney fan

Gee, I feel all alone:)
We love the Studios side and most of the rides including Diagon Alley of course, MIB, Shrek, Minions, Transformers, and the Mummy. Not to forget the Horror Makeup Show. We always see that one; lots of fun and laughs. I could spend a day in DA. Knockturn alley is really dark and creepy, just the way it should be. Theres lots to see and do in KA too.
We usually walk through IOA, and don't like the theming of the in your face cartoons. It's just not for us. We like ET, but haven't found it yet. I hear it's in a kid's area of the park and easy to overlook. If they make Jurassic Park area into attractions other than a wet ride, I would love to see it.
Anyway, that's our unpopular opinion. Maybe we have missed some things in IOA, I don't know, but the theming turned us off.

Getachew

We love the Studios side and most of the rides including Diagon Alley of course, MIB, Shrek, Minions, Transformers, and the Mummy. Not to forget the Horror Makeup Show. We always see that one; lots of fun and laughs. I could spend a day in DA. Knockturn alley is really dark and creepy, just the way it should be. Theres lots to see and do in KA too.
We usually walk through IOA, and don't like the theming of the in your face cartoons. It's just not for us. We like ET, but haven't found it yet. I hear it's in a kid's area of the park and easy to overlook. If they make Jurassic Park area into attractions other than a wet ride, I would love to see it.
Anyway, that's our unpopular opinion. Maybe we have missed some things in IOA, I don't know, but the theming turned us off.

ET is in USF, not IOA.

Jon81uk

ET is opposite the Animal Actors theatre, which is around the corner from The Simpsons. Its just into the Kidzone area, but right on the edge.

Minnesota disney fan

ET is opposite the Animal Actors theatre, which is around the corner from The Simpsons. Its just into the Kidzone area, but right on the edge.
Thank you so much. No wonder I couldn't find it:) We don't like the Simpsons so we didn't go in that area, and that's probably why we couldn't find Animal Actors either, LOL. We will be sure to look next time. Thanks again!

The Grand Inquisitor

Thank you so much. No wonder I couldn't find it:) We don't like the Simpsons so we didn't go in that area, and that's probably why we couldn't find Animal Actors either, LOL. We will be sure to look next time. Thanks again!
"We don't like the Simpsons"
1587576280763.png

lebeau

You get to KidZone before Springfield coming from the entrance. I guess if you always go straight to Diagon Alley, you might miss it. Take a right through Hollywood and there's a lot back there other than The Simpsons. ET is a great dark ride.

Kyledychchi

There are some real gifts at the studios but for overall fun and experience, IoA takes the win ! However my parter loves the studios more so we get into debates every now and then !

Josh Hendy

I give the nod to IOA for overall theming and feel. Including ambient music etc.

USF is a great park but it's a little bit random. For example the "World's Fair" theme in the Simpsons and Men in Black area was never strong. Rip Ride Rockit is a great coaster but it pretty much finished off the NYC backlot look. Each ride in USF is virtually an isolated "land" in itself. Going forward they should aim to build attractions in thematic pairs, or at least set them up to include themed food outlets etc. (like Springfield USA only conceived all at once).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom