Universal Studios Florida vs Islands of Adventure

Better park?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
I know, it's been asked thousands of times since 1999, but the parks are always changing! So i'm curious as what overall everyone thinks. Which is the better park? If you were in/stopping through Orlando, or if you only had one day at the Universal Orlando resort, and had a one day single ticket to either of the two theme parks, which would you choose? Based off the parks right now.

Would it be the original park, Universal Studios Florida with it's Production Central, New York, San Fransisco, Diagon Alley, World Expo, Springfield, Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone, and Hollywood lands?

Or the newer park, Islands of Adventure with it's Port of Entry, Suess Landing, The Lost Continent, Hogsmeade, Jurassic Park, Skull Island, Toon Lagoon, and Marvel Superhero Island lands?

Explain which is place that is more worth it, better, mention rides/atmosphere/restaurants/theming/if either of them are one of the best theme parks ever designed;)(this poll is easy, the question is obvious for me), etc.

lebeau

Islands is the best theme park in Orlando for my money. Only the Magic Kingdom really comes close. That said, my kids prefer the rides at the Studios so we tend to spend more time in that park.

ToTBellHop

Well, IoA is the better theme park in that it’s actually themed. But we only go in August. USF is more enjoyable in the summer since so much is outdoors at IoA. It can be a bit of a challenge during a downpour!

UNCgolf

Universal Studios Florida is better, but that's entirely because of Diagon Alley.

Outside of that, Islands of Adventure is better, but Diagon Alley is so vastly superior to anything else at either of the parks that it alone gives the nod to USF. The Jurassic Park area could be a big boost to IoA if it was updated, though (not to Jurassic World, even though that's what would happen -- I just want a technological overhaul/upgrade for what's currently there).

disney4life2008

Islands is the best park overall. I would put magic Kingdom and islands neck and neck for different reasons.

I have never been a fan of universal. Even in the 90s, Universal was always boring to me. Granted, Harry Potter is a great addition.

disney4life2008

The Studios feels more like a full day park due to the amount of stage shows and the nighttime lagoon show.

Islands if much better overall theming but also a much quicker park to work your way through.

You are right. Popeyes vs kali lol. No contest. Hulk vs yeti (tie).

trr1

FB_IMG_1586885018195.jpg

Getachew

Used to prefer Universal Studios back in the day. But now Islands is way better. If not for Diagon Alley, MIB, E.T., and The Mummy, I would never go to Universal Studios again. It has way too many screen based rides.

Jon81uk

Islands has the better theme and also has Spider-Man (still one of the best dark rides in the world). But overall the studios feels like it has more attractions and is the longer day out, plus Diagon Alley is great.

If the Sinbad show was replaced it would help flesh out IoA further.

lebeau

Islands has the better theme and also has Spider-Man (still one of the best dark rides in the world). But overall the studios feels like it has more attractions and is the longer day out, plus Diagon Alley is great.

If the Sinbad show was replaced it would help flesh out IoA further.

100% this. You managed to explain why despite liking the theme of IoA better, we end up spending more time at the studios.

Jon81uk

100% this. You managed to explain why despite liking the theme of IoA better, we end up spending more time at the studios.

I think the fact that three of the main rides at IoA soak you to the skin is an issue as well. We skipped all the water rides and most of Suess Landing last visit and were left feeling like there wasn't much else to do after riding all the other attractions.

lebeau

I think the fact that three of the main rides at IoA soak you to the skin is an issue as well. We skipped all the water rides and most of Suess Landing last visit and were left feeling like there wasn't much else to do after riding all the other attractions.

There isn't a single ride in IoA that I don't like. But I don't need to do them all on every visit.

The water rides require some planning and there aren't a lot of shows. No one in my family but me will even consider walking through Poseidon's Fury. You can spend some time hanging out in Hogsmeade, but Diagon Alley is better for that. We enjoy Seuss Landing, but the kids are a little old for the carousel and trolley. They are a bit young for the Hulk and the new Jurassic Park coaster. Too tall for Pteranodon Flyers. Forbidden Journeys is usually vetoed by multiple people. The kids promise they'll try Dr. Doom next year... maybe. My wife's motion sickness rules out Storm Force for her and Spider-man is iffy. No one but me likes Kong.

So, that whittles down the number of rides we will experience as a family on any given day. Still love the park though.

Josh Hendy

I hear you. We did IOA by showing up at rope drop wearing splash-proof togs, storing our normal clothes, purse, wallet etc. in a rental locker near the entrance. After Bilge Rat Barges, had a quick dry off with the bathroom hand dryers, got changed and resumed our touring plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom