Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

maxairmike

No plans or nothig submitted though for any park.

You really have no understanding about how large scale developments happen and what's involved, do you? Even when you have the cooperation of county and city zoning boards this stuff still takes time. If you own a house, look into what kind of permits and approvals you have to get for an addition. Depending on where you live, you could find that the permitting and other processes are a serious pain and take a lot of time, just for a relatively simple home addition. Now imagine how much more involved it is for a project of the size and complexity of a new park, resorts, and entertainment area.

lazyboy97o

You really have no understanding about how large scale developments happen and what's involved, do you? Even when you have the cooperation of county and city zoning boards this stuff still takes time. If you own a house, look into what kind of permits and approvals you have to get for an addition. Depending on where you live, you could find that the permitting and other processes are a serious pain and take a lot of time, just for a relatively simple home addition. Now imagine how much more involved it is for a project of the size and complexity of a new park, resorts, and entertainment area.
We’re still years away from building permits.

maxairmike

We’re still years away from building permits.

Exactly. There's not going to be anything that's going to be substantial enough for that user for a few years, more than likely. We'll probably be seeing SFWMD grading and drainage plans, temporary trailer permits and movements for a good year or two before anything more concrete comes down the pipe. The concept art that gets released with any kind of early announcement (if any even comes, because we all know how Universal views announcing things, they hate it) will be vague, and probably not really representative of anything. The only thing I would expect to see early on in the process that would give us any concrete info is anything relating to roads and water bodies/waterways (especially if they're drainage/watershed related). I'd expect those to be figured out very early on, especially the roads through the property, as at least one will be a commonly traveled public roadway apart from the expected resort traffic.

UCF

Universals has been working on plans for this for quite some time. Its not years out from applying for a building permit. Probably close to 1 year out, less then 2 for sure. The buildings will be built at the same time as the infrastructure with the aggressive schedule that Universal wants to open this park.

lazyboy97o

Universals has been working on plans for this for quite some time. Its not years out from applying for a building permit. Probably close to 1 year out, less then 2 for sure. The buildings will be built at the same time as the infrastructure with the aggressive schedule that Universal wants to open this park.
It is years out from buildings being built. Maybe some support type structures sooner, but the park isn’t going to be built that quickly.

Ripken10

This assumes a certain purchase doesn't get in the way that puts them into too much debt to continue with these plans

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Won't be an issue. The park would be a rounding error to Comcast. It's full steam ahead.

Because when you're borrowing $80 billion, what's borrowing another $6 billion worth it to you?*

*Except maybe an extra $180 million a year on top of the $2.4 billion interest expense on top of the $2 billion principal repayment, which is higher than normal since your Moody rating was downgraded for the over-extension of debt. ;)

Kingtut

Because when you're borrowing $80 billion, what's borrowing another $6 billion worth it to you?*

*Except maybe an extra $180 million a year on top of the $2.4 billion interest expense on top of the $2 billion principal repayment, which is higher than normal since your Moody rating was downgraded for the over-extension of debt. ;)
I thought they were "only" borrowing $60,000,000,000 or so?

I think that the corporate culture of Comcast is more willing to spend money since they have to always update/maintain a technology based infrastructure for their real business. Disney didn't have the same need to fund upgrades to prevent obsolescence - hence we get much more analysis and wailing, before spending money on capital projects.

Of course the Gods of Finance can always hurl a thunderbolt at either company and disrupt all the carefully laid plans of mice and MBA's

JoeCamel

Anybody know when the park at UO south is supposed to open? Haven't seen a year on Inside Uni forums.
Nothing has been announced and if Universal stays true to form it will be several years til they do. Why announce coming attractions years out? People will put off a visit to wait for the "new" stuff

seascape

I thought they were "only" borrowing $60,000,000,000 or so?

I think that the corporate culture of Comcast is more willing to spend money since they have to always update/maintain a technology based infrastructure for their real business. Disney didn't have the same need to fund upgrades to prevent obsolescence - hence we get much more analysis and wailing, before spending money on capital projects.

Of course the Gods of Finance can always hurl a thunderbolt at either company and disrupt all the carefully laid plans of mice and MBA's
The debt total is $83,000,000,000.00 to buy both Syk and Fox. Plus this is without Disney's counter offer. If Comast actually gets both count on the new debt being over 100 billion plus additional fees to the Wall Street bankers. Then if the federal government wins in stopping Comcast, Comcast will have paid Fox 4 billion for nothing plus their finanial advisors and other internal costs. This is a stupid deal for Comcast to pursue as the risks are too high and the rewards too low. On top of all of these factors is that companies are limited to deducting interest payments under the new tax law and it is very likely that with all this new debt Comcast will exceed the limits and so a portion of the interest may not be deducted from their tax bill.

JoeCamel

The debt total is $83,000,000,000.00 to buy both Syk and Fox. Plus this is without Disney's counter offer. If Comast actually gets both count on the new debt being over 100 billion plus additional fees to the Wall Street bankers. Then if the federal government wins in stopping Comcast, Comcast will have paid Fox 4 billion for nothing plus their finanial advisors and other internal costs. This is a stupid deal for Comcast to pursue as the risks are too high and the rewards too low. On top of all of these factors is that companies are limited to deducting interest payments under the new tax law and it is very likely that with all this new debt Comcast will exceed the limits and so a portion of the interest may not be deducted from their tax bill.
"Rewards are too low"? Really! This is for world content delivery. All the marbles. Rewards are indescribable here. The deal is not Sky and Fox it is Sky and Hulu. Fox is just along for the ride.The one who controls the delivery will win so they are playing very high stakes poker here. Don't let your obvious bias cloud the facts.

danpam1024

It's only 1,500 acres in total. What could you fit into something that small?

View attachment 277459
I have lived in SW Florida all of my life. I don't fish, golf, boat, or like the weather or the beach. I am very liberal living in a frustratingly conservative area. I have been saving/planning my whole adult life so I can comfortably leave and move out west (N CA). My favorite thing to do is go to the parks. I have exactly 2 years to go before we move, but THIS RIGHT HERE makes me question my move.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

JoeCamel

I have lived in SW Florida all of my life. I don't fish, golf, boat, or like the weather or the beach. I am very liberal living in a frustratingly conservative area. I have been saving/planning my whole adult life so I can comfortably leave and move out west (N CA). My favorite thing to do is go to the parks. I have exactly 2 years to go before we move, but THIS RIGHT HERE makes me question my move.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
There are airplanes. We won't ban you for moving to the left coast.

seascape

"Rewards are too low"? Really! This is for world content delivery. All the marbles. Rewards are indescribable here. The deal is not Sky and Fox it is Sky and Hulu. Fox is just along for the ride.The one who controls the delivery will win so they are playing very high stakes poker here. Don't let your obvious bias cloud the facts.
The future for Comcast requires them to invest tens of billions into 5G service. Investing this money in Fox and Sky will prevent them from being able to accomplish that. Now if you say the future is over the top services and not being the actual deliverer of the data you may be right. However if I understand you correctly you think it's both. But if it is then the government is correct and the AT&T Timewarner merger should be blocked based on your stating they will use their power and Comcast NBC Universal should be broken up. I have consistently stated both mergers are bad for consumers. I have been very consistent on that even though I have said of the two proposed mergers I prefer Disney win. Which by the way I voted for with both Fox and Disney.

matt9112

funny i left massachusetts as fast as possible to come to florida (granted i did go to high school here) and i hope Florida is never like MA,NY,CT,CA,MD etc. i love how open it is and that i can see the stars at night and do what i want on my own land etc. its lovely but it seems to be hate it or love it. rather not live somewhere that trys to tell you when you can shower ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom