Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hello do you have pictures of the area? I was at Universal today, went around the area and say nothing going on. I did however, see alot of construction trucks for the new hotel.

How could you have seen construction trucks for Universal's new hotels when the new hotels are over a mile away from Universal? And how could you think that has anything to do with the plot that's a further mile away?

s8film40

Hello do you have pictures of the area? I was at Universal today, went around the area and say nothing going on. I did however, see alot of construction trucks for the new hotel.
Good timing!

Bioreconstruct just posted a whole series of updates and comparisons. You can start here and read all the following tweets.

ryguy

Are they building the warehouses and offices at the new location to free up space at the original resort? In order to build something for guests down the road?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
They bought this land in 2015. Filling up a few lakes, doing some ground works - which could be for any number of reasons (be it regulations, ground work testing, etc) isn't a sure fire signal that any theme park build is imminent.

You've been banging this drum yourself now for a few years that just around the corner they're about to commence construction. No doubt in a years time you'll still be here, showing pictures of a few trees knocked and telling us it's a sign that any day now work is about to commence.

Incidentally have they recieved planning permission to commence works for any park, held public consultations, etc ?

Ahem, that's a pretty big storm water retention pond for just moving some dirt around. 🙄

JoeCamel

Could be for a hotel, retail, residential, anything really.

All you have shown is a lake being filled up. And a permit to build a car parking lot.

A theme park, whilst possible, is a long long way. As we know in these markets, when you talk about something so far in the future plans can change.
Tut, tut, your memory is poor. What about the permit to move 2.7 MILLION! yards of fill from SandMine road to this site? You are leaving that little fact out.
You really need to step up your game, your first post with this account read just like the last from your former account. Show some imagination and at least be interesting.

TwilightZone

Could be for a hotel, retail, residential, anything really.

All you have shown is a lake being filled up. And a permit to build a car parking lot.

A theme park, whilst possible, is a long long way. As we know in these markets, when you talk about something so far in the future plans can change.
When the theme park was even announced by universal themselves and have some visible plans, rumor or other, you know you got a dumb-donkey here.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Awww darn, I missed all the fun with the resident troll.

Can't wait for a new park, but man, I also can't wait for the parade of dump trucks on 192 to end.

If they're doing what WDW did to build in the swamp next to DHS, that ain't gonna end anytime soon. They gotta pile it up much higher than it needs to be to compress the water out of the soil below, and then move all the compressing piles somewhere else.

lazyboy97o

If they're doing what WDW did to build in the swamp next to DHS, that ain't gonna end anytime soon. They gotta pile it up much higher than it needs to be to compress the water out of the soil below, and then move all the compressing piles somewhere else.
That doesn’t sound right. Soil consolidation requires long term, static pressure. It’s not really a method of preparing a site. Dewatering then compacting seems more likely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom