Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Where's that user that refuses to believe Uni is doing anything with this land? lol

This was ""her"" last post...

Who said that?

My predictions that nothing is imminement is based on 1) the casual manner in which it was spoken about, in the middle of a speech and a couple of words at that. Nothing concrete was said. If it was definately on, they would announce it properly in a major way (the way the are working that PR at Beijing). 2) No construction or sight work going on at all. 3) Zelda going into Islands of Adventures, 4) Alot of replacement attractions and work needed on existing parks.

My responses may have lead to this sock puppet troll going away. Or, adopting a new user account.

Bob Harlem

Original Poster
There was a new road plan submitted for the Universal South property today.

Left road is Kirkman Extension, top of map is Sand lake Road.

Speculation below:
Parking area is the gray blob, and obvious location of the theme park in the NW corner west of the parking. Southeast corner is likely going to be a hotel/waterpark Hybrid.

1540851867028.png
Eventually down the road possibly a 4th dry park where the shaded parking area is with garages across the road, bus only or mass transit lanes obvious also.

More spots for Shopping/Hotels as well.

Attachments

• universal_south_plans.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 268

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
There was a new road plan submitted for the Universal South property today.

Left road is Kirkman Extension, top of map is Sand lake Road.

Speculation below:
Parking area is the gray blob, and obvious location of the theme park in the NW corner west of the parking. Southeast corner is likely going to be a hotel/waterpark Hybrid.

View attachment 323115
Eventually down the road possibly a 4th dry park where the shaded parking area is with garages across the road, bus only or mass transit lanes obvious also.

More spots for Shopping/Hotels as well.
Here's how those plans fit on the property (green lines, purple is convention center property)...

1540854288589.png

sedati

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I did some quick overlays of existing parks over the new layout and it seems the rumor of an Epcot-scale park isn't happening. What I see is room for a Magic Kingdom/Islands of Adventure/Universal Studios sized park.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I did some quick overlays of existing parks over the new layout and it seems the rumor of an Epcot-scale park isn't happening. What I see is room for a Magic Kingdom/Islands of Adventure/Universal Studios sized park.

In the map below, red is everything Uni now owns. A lot of what's on the East side I assume is wetlands they really can't touch.

The purple is where they're putting all the administrative and back lot stuff (maybe that will make more room for IoA and/or USO?).

Assume the big grey patch is parking, that leaves the orange area as the one big undeveloped plot not cut off by a major roadway. That is 130 acres.

130 acres is four Volcano Bays. Or, it's one Universal Studios plus one Volcano Bay. Or, it's 20% larger than Islands of Adventure.

The MK is 110 acres on-stage, 140 acres with all the backstage included.

The blue patch is 45 acres. That's enough for another Volcano Bay and hotel. Or a new and much bigger CitiWalk. And there are a lot of other spots for lots of other hotels.

1540945448547.png

sedati

In the map below, red is everything Uni now owns. A lot of what's on the East side I assume is wetlands they really can't touch.

The purple is where they're putting all the administrative and back lot stuff (maybe that will make more room for IoA and/or USO?).

Assume the big grey patch is parking, that leaves the orange area as the one big undeveloped plot not cut off by a major roadway. That is 130 acres.

130 acres is four Volcano Bays. Or, it's one Universal Studios plus one Volcano Bay. Or, it's 20% larger than Islands of Adventure.

The blue patch is 45 acres. That's enough for another Volcano Bay and hotel. Or a new and much bigger CitiWalk. And there are a lot of other spots for lots of other hotels.

View attachment 323310
Thanks Penguin, you are as always a great and rapid resource.

matt9112

View attachment 323310

i know it would be absurdly expensive to buy but it sort of stinks that theres so much random crap all around cutting there land up and such.

Timothy_Q

View attachment 323310
I thought I had read people saying the long-term plans were 2 parks and 1 water park.

Seems like there isn't enough space for that?

maxairmike

I don't understand why they'd want to take over that large plot in the north for administrative when they could have put that in several of the smaller lots.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that its already a warehouse kind of area in that stretch of Sand Lake, with a ton of truck and local traffic, and the water treatment plant. It allows any large back of house transport needs to not have to go into the heart of the new resort. Logistically it makes sense, even if it doesn't seem as beneficial thinking about using the space a bit more efficiently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom