Universal Sinbad Stunt Show Closing / Future of Indy?

drizgirl

Packed shows mean nothing without proper context.......

If it were in a park with many attractions whereby guests have many choices to fill their day, then it means something. But Studios has a terribly limited lineup. And before this summer its menue offerings were like In- and- Out Burger(few).

Pretty damn easy for Disney to fill shows when its guests already rode the 4 rides (pre July)
But would they have something in place to replace it if it closed? People eaters, even dated worn out people eaters....... still eat people. Or would it sit empty for a few years while the limited number of attractions in the park were further overwhelmed? And aren't a bunch of guests at WDW first timers? It's all new to them.

So DHS opened 2 more attractions and has what, 3 more to go? Still not even close to enough, especially when you consider the onslaught of crowds that will come when SW opens.

Damon7777

As for IJ stunt show it must cost a truckload of money to run.........that thing must cost well over 8 to 10 times something like a Disney Junior on stage show.

IJ is epic but it doesn't work so well for repeatability......just my take

erasure fan1

The problem with stunt shows is that after you've seen them once or twice and really taken them in, there's not much else.
Yes. I love Indiana Jones, but I haven't seen the show in at least 15yrs. If you want to keep a stunt show relevant, it needs minor updates every few years or so. And like @Damon7777 said, the only reason it gets people, is what else is there. And for that reason I see it not going anywhere. In just over a year, it might actually be hard to get into. They will need the overflow capacity for all the people trying to see star wars.

Cmdr_Crimson

I’ve seen the Indy show a few times and, while I enjoyed it, if they ripped it out and put a nice sized dark ride in its place, I wouldn’t complain. The obvious choice would be to put the Indy dark ride from DLR there, but would that happen?

I keep saying it....The Studio Needs a Water ride.....
indiana-jones-waterfall.jpg

FettFan

The Sinbad show was so bad I walked out on it. The theater was maybe 5/8 full. Maybe that is why it is closing. Indy is still packed every show. At least when I have been there. So,IMHO, I don't see Indy closing.

As Martin said, it's safe....for now.

I can't help but think that once Star Wars Galaxy's Edge* opens and gets into full swing that the countdown will begin for IJESS's final performance.

SWGE opens next year.... so I would estimate that at D23 2021, they'll release the news that IJESS is closing and announce its replacement.
I'm hoping we finally get an Indiana Jones Adventure thrill ride. Preferably Enhanced Motion Vehicle amphicars.
latest

(which were arguably one of the best things about 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull')

It would all conclude with a splashdown.

*ps, is it just me or does "Galaxy's Edge" sound like a new Samsung tablet?

Cmdr_Crimson

Great minds think alike!

Only I would make up a new story for it. Because crystal skulls being alien skeletons was just plain goofy. Go back to the fantasy/supernatural element and skip the 1950s science fiction.

Oh it wouldn't have been crystal skull..It's just the only picture I've seen of them going down the falls on google...I totally agree that It would have been an all new adventure going through some Mayan temple..Something along the lines of this...
29296803172_c480e69d67_c.jpg

FettFan

Oh it wouldn't have been crystal skull..It's just the only picture I've seen of them going down the falls on google...I totally agree that It would have been an all new adventure going through some Mayan temple..Something along the lines of this...
29296803172_c480e69d67_c.jpg

I like it.
But we do need to have a 15' tall snake. Can't have an IJ Adventure without a 15' tall snake.
IMG_8383.JPG

Granted, it would have to be an Anaconda, because there are no cobras in South America.
eaten-alive-anaconda-avale-homme.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

I like it.
But we do need to have a 15' tall snake. Can't have an IJ Adventure without a 15' tall snake.
IMG_8383.JPG

Granted, it would have to be an Anaconda, because there are no cobras in South America.
eaten-alive-anaconda-avale-homme.jpg

Ahh, but, this is where the Indy & the Snake thing tie up Oh-So-Nicely....The temple you escape from is.....Quetzalcoatl's...
3792239_640px.jpg

FettFan

Ahh, but, this is where the Indy & the Snake thing tie up Oh-So-Nicely....The temple you escape from is.....Quetzalcoatl's...
3792239_640px.jpg

I don't want Disney to do that because I already had a plan for my own (theoretical, fingers crossed, if I win the Powerball) park for an indoor roller coaster called "Montezuma's Revenge", in which the vengeful spirit of Montezuma II calls upon Quetzalcoatl to help him expel the invaders from his temple.

Inspired by the Mayan Mindbender, formerly at Six Flags Astroworld.
Mayan_2.jpg

Only the MM was completely in the dark. Once you were seated and the safety bar was down, there was absolutely nothing to see unless the lights were on.
hqdefault.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't want Disney to do that because I already had a plan for my own (theoretical, fingers crossed, if I win the Powerball) park for an indoor roller coaster called "Montezuma's Revenge", in which the vengeful spirit of Montezuma II calls upon Quetzalcoatl to help him expel the invaders from his temple.

Inspired by the Mayan Mindbender, formerly at Six Flags Astroworld.
Mayan_2.jpg

Only the MM was completely in the dark. Once you were seated and the safety bar was down, there was absolutely nothing to see unless the lights were on.
hqdefault.jpg
Ah, taking the Knotts berry farm name route eh..
Montezumas-Revenge-sign-Knotts-Berry-Farm.jpg

lukacseven

And Universal is building a Jason Bourne Stunt Show as we speak.

Jason Bourne is replacing the former Terminator attraction at Universal Orlando, not Sinbad. I'm guessing the proximity to Hogsmeade makes a Potter expansion the most likely replacement for Sinbad. Could this also spell the end of Poseidon's Fury??? IMO another dated attraction that has lost its relevance.

"I keep saying it....The Studio Needs a Water ride..... "

I couldn't agree more! It's the one type of ride lacking at DHS. Totally new Indy story unrelated to any of the films (or maybe related to the upcoming film?). Journey from Atlantis/Escape from Pompei comes to mind - but at a larger Jurassic Park-esque scale.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Jason Bourne is replacing the former Terminator attraction at Universal Orlando, not Sinbad. I'm guessing the proximity to Hogsmeade makes a Potter expansion the most likely replacement for Sinbad. Could this also spell the end of Poseidon's Fury??? IMO another dated attraction that has lost its relevance.

"I keep saying it....The Studio Needs a Water ride..... "

I couldn't agree more! It's the one type of ride lacking at DHS. Totally new Indy story unrelated to any of the films (or maybe related to the upcoming film?). Journey from Atlantis/Escape from Pompei comes to mind - but at a larger Jurassic Park-esque scale.
Lost Continent is not being replaced by the Wizarding World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom