Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
They also have to test these procedures for at least a few days with cast members as "guests", don't they? Have a few act unruly and refuse to follow protocol to see how people handle those situations?

High on the top 10 list of why I wish I was a CM right now. I would love to be that guy. So much fun!

robhedin

Your understanding of training and cascading information doesn’t take into account there being 60K+ cast members. It’s not easy to just say “everyone watch this video”. You gotta have space, you need material, you need to train the trainers, not everyone is available 9am on Monday. That’s just the general “how to handle covid training”. They will need to provide location specific training on ride safety, line formation, etc. So yes, weeks.
Sorry-- still disagree. Again, you don't have to train all 60k people on everything. You only train those who need the training on what they need to understand. You need to train the people that load the boats at PotC on how to load the boats. It does not take a lot of time to teach someone to only load every other row of seats while wearing a mask, for example.

Kingoglow

Watching the Sea World presentation. This guy does not come across as confident or excited about this plan. He did say masks would be mandatory.

surfsupdon

I also heard the Sea World guy mention dining tables would be staggered for restaurants and buffets. Buffets. They aren't my thing, but I do hope they stay.

Mouse Trap

Doesn't Match
  • Original Opening date as August 31 (I was most recently told the gear up would begin in the last week of June with a public opening in the week following the 4th of July)
  • "Mask Relief Areas," at least the way described by @WDW Pro were not on the table. Any potential relief area would use a much bigger space, with a couple of other quirks

At the end of the day, both Disney and SeaWorld were thrown for a loop by UOR opening on June 1. In fact, I'm a bit disappointed that three levels of clearance would approve this, especially when their proposal had some glaring omissions. I doubt we see anyone in a WDW park before the halway point of June (if rushed), but more likely July.

Looks like you were spot on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom