Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

brianstl

true, though 3 parks is much less than 6.
Without a doubt. I personally think that everything won't reopen in the beginning. Maybe all the parks will, but I doubt all the resorts are open to the public or all the rides are open for example. Phased can mean many different things.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Tomorrow is going to be loads of fun.

No matter what happens, one contingent here is going to be upset- which will it be? "they're opening too soon" or "they're opening too late"... Gotta get the popcorn ready.
With this board and this fanbase, both are going to be ed. The only happy people will be those with reservations who will actually be able to go... 😂 (all said in good fun folks)

Bob Harlem

Phased reopening also refers to restrictions placed on it. i.e. capacity caps, masks, distancing, etc. Or it could also include opening some parks and not others.

For Universal it means Team Members first, then shortly later just Media/Annual Passholders, then gradual raising of capacity with General Public.

Universal has no reservations for capacity so it's blocking people from entering at some point until enough folks leave. They are adding virtual queues to a lot of rides that didn't have them before, though.

robhedin

any predictions?
Since I believe that the OC Mayer said the news would be "good" tomorrow, I'd think they'll be opening earlier rather than later. I can't imagine it would be good news if Disney weren't planning on opening until August or later. If I were putting money on it I'd bet on 2nd half of June. But who knows? Tune in tomorrow and find out!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Since I believe that the OC Mayer said the news would be "good" tomorrow, I'd think they'll be opening earlier rather than later. I can't imagine it would be good news if Disney weren't planning on opening until August or later. If I were putting money on it I'd bet on 2nd half of June. But who knows? Tune in tomorrow and find out!
Does the mayor already know what Disney’s plan is? I would assume since TWDC is a public company it would be very risky to give that non-public information to someone in the Mayor’s office.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Does the mayor already know what Disney’s plan is? I would assume since TWDC is a public company it would be very risky to give that non-public information to someone in the Mayor’s office.
From watching the presentation this afternoon he gave the impression he has seen a draft of their presentation and liked what he saw, but acknowledged it would not be finalized until it is presented tomorrow.

I would think like most politicians, he’d like put whatever is released tomorrow in a positive light to help aid the general economic recovery of the region. I think just having plans/dates for reopening two more large money makers for Central FL is great news in his opinion. Then again I could easily be wrong and it means a sooner than expected opening in June.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
From watching the presentation this afternoon he gave the impression he has seen a draft of their presentation and liked what he saw, but acknowledged it would not be finalized until it is presented tomorrow.
Interesting. Disney is usually pretty tight lipped with material, non-public financial information. I would think that would leave a huge possibility for insider trading. We’re in unchartered waters so I guess that’s the last thing people are worried about right now.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Interesting. Disney is usually pretty tight lipped with material, non-public financial information. I would think that would leave a huge possibility for insider trading. We’re in unchartered waters so I guess that’s the last thing people are worried about right now.
I'm sure he agreed to keep it confidential until they make their actual presentation tomorrow and there is absolutely no reason to believe he would not keep that confidentiality. Trust me the reporters tried to get him to release details of what he saw during the Q&A.

Getachew

Would early July be considered “good”?

robhedin

No idea. But it was after a site visit, so even if he/they did not have seen a draft proposal, they could have seen something from that visit to give them a positive outlook.

And if something was shared, it's not particularly a risky thing. Public companies share information that has not been made public all the time. The concerns are about profiting off of non-public / insider information. They couldn't (legally) buy/sell Disney stock based off of the information they received. They could also use a non-disclosure as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom