Universal Orlando to reveal 'Major News' at press conference next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachrupertdsn

That shape matches up nicely with the leaked logo, looks like they just built it up a little more.

Last edited:

lebeau

I still enjoy zoos when on holiday as they usually are different to what is local to me and of course the animal behaviours are always different.

Busch Gardens Tampa for me is a hard park to get done in one day, I go mainly for the coasters, but we spent a good 20 minutes or so watching the tigers last trip. Sometimes you just get lucky and find the animals doing interesting things.

Out of curiosity, how long is your typical holiday? We're taking the standard American week-long vacation which makes it hard to cram everything in.

Jon81uk

Out of curiosity, how long is your typical holiday? We're taking the standard American week-long vacation which makes it hard to cram everything in.

For trips to Florida its usually two weeks (14 nights). Last trip (October 2016) we managed at least one visit to each of: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon, Disney Springs, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Discovery Cove, Premium Outlets, Florida Mall.
Most of the Disney parks we do a day and a half, the non-Disney parks its usually one day with a visit to a shopping place after.

DeletedAccount55555

Universal didn't do a press conference to announce Hagrid's, so it's highly unlikely they would build so much hype for just another new attraction, like the Jurassic Park coaster or the T2 replacement. If it's NOT the reveal of the new park, this would be seen as a major letdown.

Well thats how we got Hollywood Studios. Uni announced and Disney pounced.

Except this time Disney's CEO wasn't in a meeting years earlier to hear most of Universal's ideas.

ToTBellHop

Interesting that they’ve made EPIC bold. Epic Worlds is a name that appeared alongside Fantastic Worlds in a survey on park names.
It seems they’ve gone that route. Silly park name but I don’t really care what it’s called if the content rocks my socks off!

I really wish the Disney Vs. Universal argument would stop. It’s a new theme park in Central Florida and we, the visitors, win. I have no problem visiting 7 parks.

Capsin4

It seems they’ve gone that route. Silly park name but I don’t really care what it’s called if the content rocks my socks off!

I really wish the Disney Vs. Universal argument would stop. It’s a new theme park in Central Florida and we, the visitors, win. I have no problem visiting 7 parks.
It is silly. Maybe they felt Fantastic Worlds is too close to Fantastic Beasts. I read they trademarked Epic Universe, which is even more odd. Haven’t seen anything about Epic Worlds outside the survey.

Anything that brings world class attractions and more competition to Orlando is a win for us.

zachrupertdsn

Interesting that they’ve made EPIC bold. Epic Worlds is a name that appeared alongside Fantastic Worlds in a survey on park names.

I REALLY hope they don't go with "Universal's Epic Universe", which is the other Trademark they have outside of FANTASTIC WORLDS

https://trademarks.justia.com/880/43/universal-s-epic-88043580.html

I don't like it basically shares a word with the name of the resort, but I suppose everyone would just call it Epic Universe anyways.

The WORLDS tag just makes too much sense, unless of course they didn't want to repeat the whole "Islands" thing where you know, one of them is an Island and the rest are a Lagoon, a Park, a World, a continent, and a landing.

Ravenclaw78

Where is this from??????? Nothing supposed to be announced till Thursday,.

Looks like a Tweet from Universal, but a Passholder email with the same image just went out too. "Stay Tuned for Something BIG Coming Soon!" was the subject line.

jrhwdw

Universal didn't do a press conference to announce Hagrid's, so it's highly unlikely they would build so much hype for just another new attraction, like the Jurassic Park coaster or the T2 replacement. If it's NOT the reveal of the new park, this would be seen as a major letdown.

Except this time Disney's CEO wasn't in a meeting years earlier to hear most of Universal's ideas.
Eisner was with Universal before 1984????? Disney was planning a movie tour attraction for Epcot before MGM.

Tom Morrow

edit: Whoops, didn't realize I'm an entire page of discussion late

When all construction is finished:

DHS Major rides:
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Toy Story Mania
Slinky Dog Dash
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
Star Tours
Rise of the Resistance
Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run

Total: 8

USF Major rides:
Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
Rip Ride Rockit
Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon
Revenge of the Mummy
Fast & Furious: Supercharged
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
Men in Black: Alien Attack
The Simpsons Ride
E.T. Adventure
Transformers: The Ride - 3D

Total: 10

They're very close, and if we include shows, even closer. DHS will finally be a full day park when everything is complete.

Capsin4

I REALLY hope they don't go with "Universal's Epic Universe", which is the other Trademark they have outside of FANTASTIC WORLDS

https://trademarks.justia.com/880/43/universal-s-epic-88043580.html

I don't like it basically shares a word with the name of the resort, but I suppose everyone would just call it Epic Universe anyways.

The WORLDS tag just makes too much sense, unless of course they didn't want to repeat the whole "Islands" thing where you know, one of them is an Island and the rest are a Lagoon, a Park, a World, a continent, and a landing.
Epic Universe would be better for the entire resort but it’s still ugly and sort of redundant. Referring to one park as their Universe is weird. To me, it implies all of their stuff.

Tom Morrow

Maybe the new area will be branded "Epic Universe" to differentiate between the existing resort, but the park will be called "Fantastic Worlds"

Animaniac93-98

edit: Whoops, didn't realize I'm an entire page of discussion late

When all construction is finished:

DHS Major rides:
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Toy Story Mania
Slinky Dog Dash
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
Star Tours
Rise of the Resistance
Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run

Total: 8

USF Major rides:
Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
Rip Ride Rockit
Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon
Revenge of the Mummy
Fast & Furious: Supercharged
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
Men in Black: Alien Attack
The Simpsons Ride
E.T. Adventure
Transformers: The Ride - 3D

Total: 10

They're very close, and if we include shows, even closer. DHS will finally be a full day park when everything is complete.

You forgot Alien Swirling Saucers, but then again I also forget it exists most of the time.

EDIT: I see you said "major rides" but since the difference between "major" and "all" for DHS is one, I think I can be forgiven. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom