Universal Orlando (Portofino Bay on-site hotel) refusing to return Child’s soft toy accidentally left in hotel room

Lightshineallnight

Original Poster
We left about a week ago now and are now back in the UK. The hotel have told me that my daughter’s soft toy has been found (accidentally left in the hotel room while leaving) but have said they can't post it back to me. I've even offered to pay postage for it to be sent back to the UK and they still say no. It was Loews Portofino Bay on-site hotel at Universal Orlando in Florida, we live up north in the UK so it’s not like we live in Florida and can just go back for it. Am I right to think this is poor customer service from Universal Orlando and Portofino Bay? Is there anyway I can try to get this toy back for my daughter? I've been dealing with the hotel directly but getting no where. My daughter is so upset as it’s her favourite soft toy.

JoeCamel

We left about a week ago now and are now back in the UK. The hotel have told me that my daughter’s soft toy has been found (accidentally left in the hotel room while leaving) but have said they can't post it back to me. I've even offered to pay postage for it to be sent back to the UK and they still say no. It was Loews Portofino Bay on-site hotel at Universal Orlando in Florida, we live up north in the UK so it’s not like we live in Florida and can just go back for it. Am I right to think this is poor customer service from Universal Orlando and Portofino Bay? Is there anyway I can try to get this toy back for my daughter? I've been dealing with the hotel directly but getting no where. My daughter is so upset as it’s her favourite soft toy.
I'm sorry for your daughters loss. As Brian said Lowes corporate is your only avenue, the overseas shipping and customs is the issue

Minthorne

Shipping the dolls stuffed with what? They don’t want to get involved. Plus, it’s probably a Mickey plush so it is taboo. 🤭. JK - an odd tale to be sure. I know it would bug Katie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom