Universal Orlando drops all masks requirements for fully vaccinated guests

Tom Morrow

Still a bit too soon. The type of people that are never going to get vaccinated are the same that were anti-mask the entire time and are going to lie about it so they don't have to wear one.

Then again it's no surprise, as Universal has been catering to these degenerates the entire time and only paying lipservice to their COVID procedures.

Minnesota disney fan

I'm glad to hear this. It's about time we get back to normal, although that seems to be a difficult prospect for alot of people.
Also, there is a thing such as herd immunity along with the vaccine. I think that those who want a vaccine have gotten one at this point. I hope this doesn't fade into a "them against us" type of thread. We've heard it all before, so I hope there will be non-confrontational responses to this news.

JT3000

I'm glad to hear this. It's about time we get back to normal, although that seems to be a difficult prospect for alot of people.
Also, there is a thing such as herd immunity along with the vaccine. I think that those who want a vaccine have gotten one at this point. I hope this doesn't fade into a "them against us" type of thread. We've heard it all before, so I hope there will be non-confrontational responses to this news.
Herd immunity only becomes a relevant conversation once a certain percentage of the population is vaccinated. We're nowhere near that magic figure yet.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Still a bit too soon. The type of people that are never going to get vaccinated are the same that were anti-mask the entire time and are going to lie about it so they don't have to wear one.

Then again it's no surprise, as Universal has been catering to these degenerates the entire time and only paying lipservice to their COVID procedures.
I really wish they would stop letting so many degenerates in the parks. Disney too.....IT IS SHAMEFULL!!!

Tom Morrow

Kids still can't be vaccinated. They were also suggesting lifting mask mandates indoors when vaccinated levels hit 70% but we're only at about 50% for adults only.

Carlhott

I'm 53 and diabetic. I got my first Shot (Pfizer) in Feb and second in March. I also received the flu vaccine last September. My 16 yo even got his round as soon as he became eligible. I had to convince my wife it was the right thing to do since he has a platlete disorder. I hope I am correct about that in the long run.

Although I worked from home as much as possible, I am one of those that had to go to the office and job sites and even did some significant travel. It was surreal seeing Midway, Hobby and other airports almost empty.

I get what you are saying about people that aren't getting the vaccine. I am surprised how many people I know that aren't getting it or are putting it off. That being said I feel confident that I am as protected as I can be.

My son and I are heading to Universal June 7th. I am pleased as punch that I will NOT have to wear a mask in the Orlando heat!

KrzyKtty

Great! We have the honor system with dishonorable people. I think everyone should have to digitally have vaccinations under their accounts.
You do realize that Universal Orlando is located in the south??? That is a thing that is not happening. If it's not something that you're comfortable with then you just have to stay away. At the end of the day as long as you are fully vaccinated it shouldn't be a big issue for you anyway. I say this respectfully as somebody who is vaccinated and has a child underage who cannot be.

Frankenstein79

You do realize that Universal Orlando is located in the south??? That is a thing that is not happening. If it's not something that you're comfortable with then you just have to stay away. At the end of the day as long as you are fully vaccinated it shouldn't be a big issue for you anyway. I say this respectfully as somebody who is vaccinated and has a child underage who cannot be.

(I mean no offense in my post either)

So I can't go to the parks because of a bunch of... people aren't willing to have it listed under their account? They're supposed to be vaccinated.

These are the same maskless people who were fighting Security Guards quoting "A Bugs Life".

KrzyKtty

LOL, so I can't go to the parks because of a bunch of... people aren't willing to have it listed under their account? They're supposed to be vaccinated.

These are the same maskless people who were fighting Security Guards quoting "A Bugs Life".
No, you can't go to the parks because you don't want to. You evaluated the risk and decided it isn't one you are willing to take. Others are. That is on you. But FL and the South aren't going to change just because you don't like it.

Frankenstein79

No, you can't go to the parks because you don't want to. You evaluated the risk and decided it isn't one you are willing to take. Others are. That is on you. But FL and the South aren't going to change just because you don't like it.

I mean no offense, I'm just pointing out that it is unfair to the people who obey the rules.

Tom Morrow

Just for clarification, Orlando is located in central Florida which is not "The South" as people speak of it. "The South" stops at the Florida panhandle. You will find that Orlando residents are mostly liberal.

(the same can't be said for the tourists, though)

KrzyKtty

Just for clarification, Orlando is located in central Florida which is not "The South" as people speak of it. "The South" stops at the Florida panhandle. You will find that Orlando residents are mostly liberal.

(the same can't be said for the tourists, though)
While I fully agree with you, the FL Governor obviously follows most "South" politics where this virus is concerned though LOL. I live in a more democratic area of SC, doesn't mean that the laws of SC don't screw us over on a regular basis. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom