Universal Mega Movie Parade

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just saw a live stream of the new parade. My feels from just seeing the video..

Pros:
-Nice mix of new and classic movies
-Great detail on the floats
-Nice variety of performers between the floats
-Great use of face characters. Can we get a Quint M&G? :)
-Loved the animatronic T-Rex

Cons:
-I was surprised at the lack of special effects on the floats. The T-rex was impressive but they seemed to have missed the opportunity to do some cool effects on the Ghostbusters and Back to the Future floats.
-Maybe I just didn't hear it, but it sounded like they didn't use the iconic Jurassic Park music for that float.

JT3000

I was expecting this to be Universal's first attempt at a proper daytime parade, and while it's certainly longer than the miniscule Superstar Parade, I was still surprised by how relatively small-scale it seems overall. I suppose it's better than nothing.

Not gonna lie, the complete lack of any facial resemblance on most of the face characters was more than a little off-putting though. Quint was passable.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was expecting this to be Universal's first attempt at a proper daytime parade, and while it's certainly longer than the miniscule Superstar Parade, I was still surprised by how relatively small-scale it seems overall. I suppose it's better than nothing.

Not gonna lie, the complete lack of any facial resemblance on most of the face characters was more than a little off-putting though. Quint was passable.

I give them a pass on the face characters, it would be very hard to get enough performers that looked like the characters, and I think in a parade environment it works fine.

wdwfan4ver

Cons:
-I was surprised at the lack of special effects on the floats. The T-rex was impressive but they seemed to have missed the opportunity to do some cool effects on the Ghostbusters and Back to the Future floats.
-Maybe I just didn't hear it, but it sounded like they didn't use the iconic Jurassic Park music for that float.
Yesterday's parade was a technical rehearsal and it is believed more elements of the parade will be revealed days to come.

What I am saying is might have more effects for the parade is holding back since it was a technical rehearsal.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yesterday's parade was a technical rehearsal and it is believed more elements of the parade will be revealed days to come.

What I am saying is might have more effects for the parade is holding back since it was a technical rehearsal.

That's good to hear. I'll keep an eye out for some future videos.

Last edited:

WDWFREAK53

The Delorean and Ecto-1 should be in it. Driving.
The Jeep or Explorer from JP should be driving.

Bruce the Shark should move left/right and chomp.
Slimer should chew the hotdogs.
JP should have spitters shooting water out of the side of the float.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Were there floats missing? I think in the announcement it said there were 13 floats.

There were 10 floats, one for each movie and a lead off float. There was also the bubble vehicle from Jurassic World, but I am not sure if that counts as a float.

DKampy

Perhaps my expectations were too high…. But when Universal kept touting the State Puff Marshmallow Man for the Ghostbuster section… I was expecting it to be their answer to the Dragon in FOF at magic Kingdom… some new tech Marvel which we would all be amazed… but it was just attached to the float… not too sure what all the bragging was for

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Being partial to JW and Jaws, those 2 were my favorite floats, and apparently there are bubble wands that you can buy that are supposed to interact with them all?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The Delorean and Ecto-1 should be in it. Driving.
The Jeep or Explorer from JP should be driving.

Bruce the Shark should move left/right and chomp.
Slimer should chew the hotdogs.
JP should have spitters shooting water out of the side of the float.

I watched a more recent video, The Ghostbusters float now has a fog effect but that is the only change I have seen since the first showing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom