Universal hints at Simpsons announcement

afar28

Original Poster
The official Universal Orlando Facebook page posted a status saying
"We've got some exciting news to share tomorrow! D'oh"
So what do ya think, the Simpsons land expansion finally being announced?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Sounds like it. Inside the Magic just posted this -
Tomorrow Universal Orlando will announce their Springfield expansion of The Simpsons Ride. Expected: Moe's Tavern, Krusty Burger, Cletus' house, Comic Book Guy's store and more.

disney fan 13

Sounds like it will be revealed on the Today Show. I'd recommend everyone to set their DVR's (I watch the first 30 minutes but I have to leave the house after that so I guess I'll have to catch it when I get home.)

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Officially Announced for this summer - No date yet

65621_10151462094232852_1376190600_n.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
ORLANDO, Fla. (May 23, 2013) - Woo Hoo! Springfield, hometown to America’s favorite animated family, The Simpsons, comes to life at Universal Orlando Resort launching this summer.

The expansive, new area within Universal Studios will be anchored by the mega-attraction, The Simpsons Ride, and will allow guests to enter the world of The Simpsons like never before. It will be the only place in the world where guests can walk the streets of Springfield. It will include a brand-new outdoor attraction, places and foods pulled right from the show and two new Simpsons characters who will make their debut with the new area – Krusty the Clown and Sideshow Bob.

And yes – there will be Duff Beer, brewed exclusively for Universal Orlando.

For the first time ever – anywhere – fans will be able to walk down Fast Food Boulevard and visit the places that helped Springfield stake its claim as “Shelbyville by the Sea.” They will be able to grab a Krusty-certified meat sandwich at Krusty Burger, snatch the catch of the day at the Frying Dutchman, get a slice at Luigi’s Pizza, go nuts for donuts at Lard Lad, enjoy a “Taco Fresho” with Bumblebee Man and imbibe at Moe’s Tavern.

The new attraction – called Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl – will take “foolish humans” on an intergalactic spin designed to send them into orbit.

“This will be a must-see experience for Simpsons fans all over the world,” said Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative. “For the first time ever, they’re going to be able to enter a world that they’ve only seen on television – and we’re really excited to bring that world to life.”

“This new expansion will broaden and deepen the already incredible experience at Universal, by bringing to life the iconic landmarks of Springfield that fans have grown to love,” said Jeffrey Godsick, President, Fox Consumer Products. “Fans will literally be able to live and breathe Springfield as they visit the statue of Jebediah, enjoy a Krusty Burger, and have a seat at Moe’s Tavern, which are just a few of the great experiences awaiting at Universal.”

"It has been an honor to bring the world of the Simpsons to life in such a letter-perfect way,” said Denise Sirkot, President, Worldwide Brand, Gracie Films. “Truly this is the Krustyest place on earth."

englanddg

One Little Spark...

That video.

Does it really say...opening Summer 2013? What does that mean? By mid-August it will be open?

If so...yeah, Disney just lost a few days stay from me...now I'm gonna be looking at a 3 - 4 day stay there.

RyenDeckard

If so...yeah, Disney just lost a few days stay from me...now I'm gonna be looking at a 3 - 4 day stay there.

As much as I love UOR (and I really do love UOR) it's at most a 3 day park. Focus one day on IOA, then hop over to USF to finish the day, next day do the opposite, then the third day repeat your favorite attractions/do anything you missed.

Although if you factor in Busch Gardens Tampa (40 minute to an hour drive) and Sea World Orlando, you've got a full week vacation with a couple rest/shopping days.

I'm about to do that exact vacation this upcoming week. No Disney World for my family at all, except maybe Downtown Disney. Not worth the price to go honestly.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As much as I love UOR (and I really do love UOR) it's at most a 3 day park. Focus one day on IOA, then hop over to USF to finish the day, next day do the opposite, then the third day repeat your favorite attractions/do anything you missed.

Although if you factor in Busch Gardens Tampa (40 minute to an hour drive) and Sea World Orlando, you've got a full week vacation with a couple rest/shopping days.

I'm about to do that exact vacation this upcoming week. No Disney World for my family at all, except maybe Downtown Disney. Not worth the price to go honestly.

Love the advice, but I'm not new to IoA or UOR.

I have been questioning for a bit if I should downgrade my Disney stay to a Value from a Moderate, and use the savings to pay for a few days staying at one of the Universal OR resorts again this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom