Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

wdwfan4ver

What about a Lord of the Rings land?
If Universal gets the rights to Lord of the Rings, there will not be any Lord of the Ring attractions in Florida. I am saying that because it is rumored that Lord of the Rings would be one the lands in their far future UK theme park.

What I gathers is Universal doesn't want the UK theme park to have the same attractions as the 3 Florida theme parks have. If Universal has their way with UK theme park, that park would Lord of the Rings, Jurassic World, James Bond, Minions, and Paddington Bear.

Last edited:

JT3000

If Universal gets the rights to Lord of the Rings, there will not be any Lord of the Ring attractions in Florida

I don't care how badly the Brits wish for exclusivity, I guarantee that would never stand. Not with an IP that popular. Could a hypothetical British park be the first to get LOTR? Sure. Would it be the only park to get it? Absolutely not. Under no circumstances does Univeral buy the park rights to an IP like LOTR and then just stick it in a field in the middle of England & call it a day.

Last edited:

Gusey

Looking back at when Islands opened in 1999, Universal added:
  • 1998 - Twister...Ride It Out and Curious George Goes to Town
  • 1999 - Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone & Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster, Islands of Adventure
  • 2000 - Men in Black: Alien Attack @ USF, Storm Force Acceletron, Xtreme Xventure, and Flying Unicorn @ IOA
  • 2003 - Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast and Shrek 4-D

lazyboy97o

I don't care how badly the Brits wish for exclusivity, I guarantee that would never stand. Not with an IP that popular. Could a hypothetical British park be the first to get LOTR? Sure. Would it be the only park to get it? Absolutely not. Under no circumstances does Univeral buy the park rights to an IP like LOTR and then just stick it in a field in the middle of England & call it a day.
This assumes Universal has such a say.

Sir_Cliff

Do you mean that you guarantee Universal wouldn't sign a deal for LOTR theme park rights if it was just for the UK/Europe? Universal can't exactly force the people who currently hold the rights to allow them to use it in Florida and elsewhere or just go ahead and use the IP however they want, so if UK exclusivity is the deal then that's the deal.

JT3000

This assumes Universal has such a say.

That was the whole premise, Universal themselves not wanting the proposed British park to share the attractions with the other parks. They would have to be crazy to limit themselves in such a fashion.

Do you mean that you guarantee Universal wouldn't sign a deal for LOTR theme park rights if it was just for the UK/Europe? Universal can't exactly force the people who currently hold the rights to allow them to use it in Florida and elsewhere or just go ahead and use the IP however they want, so if UK exclusivity is the deal then that's the deal.

We don't know that the rightsholders would demand LOTR only be built in Britain. We don't even know if they've held serious discussions with Universal. It's all hypothetical. One thing I do know is Universal would try their best to talk them out of such a demand if they were to make it.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

It is Universal that has mandated that the UniGB park will not have any clones from "ORLANDO". Not not any clones from ANY Universal park. The UK is a huge market for Orlando, so they don't want to cannibalize Orlando's numbers too bad with a bunch of clones from Orlando. I fully expect the UniGB park to have at least a clone of Jurassic World Adventure from Beijing. I also think the mandate is just for the opening line up (I'll circle back to this later).

It has also been rumored the UniGB park will NOT have Harry Potter because the rights are tied up with the Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio Tour in Leavesden roughly 35 miles away. So since Universal won't want to leave all that interactive wand money on the table, so don't be surprised if Oz, in the form of Universal's new Wicked: The Movie Musical shows up in Bedford. Glinda and Elphaba wands would sell. I would laugh if the sell a "Wizard" wand that's not interactive because 'he has no power'.

I am sure if Universal gets the theme park rights to LOTR, it would be global. And now I'll circle back the the "mandate". UniGB won't be getting any clones from Orlando. But Orlando will most likely be getting a clone from UniGB.

Last edited:

TalkToEthan

UniGB won't be getting any clones from Orlando. But Orlando will most likely be getting a clone from UniGB.

Under this “mandate” theory:

I don’t see how, if true, such chronology changes anything.

Once both attractions are open why would it matter which was first and which one replicated??

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Under this “mandate” theory:

I don’t see how, if true, such chronology changes anything.

Once both attractions are open why would it matter which was first and which one replicated??
Let's say LotR is one of the opening "Lands" in UGB in 2030. Osaka in 2032-3. And Orlando in 2035 for Epic's 10 year Anniversary. Because LotR being in UGB for 5 years before it opens as one "Land" in the Orlando resort will not really impact Orlando. They will still come for Potter and Palm trees.

That said, back to Epic.

ToTBellHop

Let's say LotR is one of the opening "Lands" in UGB in 2030. Osaka in 2032-3. And Orlando in 2035 for Epic's 10 year Anniversary. Because LotR being in UGB for 5 years before it opens as one "Land" in the Orlando resort will not really impact Orlando. They will still come for Potter and Palm trees.

That said, back to Epic.

Where did these come from? It’s unfortunate they didn’t give a good view of the monsters land or WWoHP.

UNCgolf

Do we have any idea what is going to be in the HP area beyond the single attraction?

I'm sure there will be a couple of shops etc. but even in that model it kind of looks like you would go there for the ride and that's basically it.

Earlie the Pearlie

Do we have any idea what is going to be in the HP area beyond the single attraction?

I'm sure there will be a couple of shops etc. but even in that model it kind of looks like you would go there for the ride and that's basically it.
There’s also supposed to be a large indoor show with puppets and special effects based on fantastic beasts. I’d expect it will actually be similar to Diagon Alley in size, as there you don’t enter the train from inside the land. The only problem I could see it having is that Diagon is iconic, and magical Paris seems like it would be pleasant, but not really ultimate wish-fulfillment.

Jedijax719

There’s also supposed to be a large indoor show with puppets and special effects based on fantastic beasts. I’d expect it will actually be similar to Diagon Alley in size, as there you don’t enter the train from inside the land. The only problem I could see it having is that Diagon is iconic, and magical Paris seems like it would be pleasant, but not really ultimate wish-fulfillment.
Agreed-it seems like it will be more of a France replica with some wizarding world touches unlike the other two WW's which are straight replicas from the movies. But it will still be cool and I am guessing the cue for the ministry ride will be the ministry itself which should be fantastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom