Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

bwr827

Love that it’s opening before summer. With my family’s planned trip timing, there will be potentially a full year of operation to work out any issues and potentially see crowds at slightly more reasonable levels.

Andrew25

I heard we have an "Early 2025" release window for Epic Universe. Not officially, but from one of the (if not the) park's Creative Director. How do we feel about that?

Can't wait to check out the Preview Center next month. Hoping they have a Mario photo opportunity.

I'm going to say May. It's the ideal time frame to open something new. In between Spring Break/Easter rush and the start of summer with Memorial Day. It's hot, but the weather's decent with very little chance of rain. By then, the two newer value hotels will have 3 months of operational experience.

Anything before May will be a heck of a miracle by Universal.

drew81

I'm going to say May. It's the ideal time frame to open something new. In between Spring Break/Easter rush and the start of summer with Memorial Day. It's hot, but the weather's decent with very little chance of rain. By then, the two newer value hotels will have 3 months of operational experience.

Anything before May will be a heck of a miracle by Universal.

They better get those trees planted and berms set fast.

I do agree with you. May would be an amazing completion rate.

BrianLo

This is what I alluded to with getting a little bit too far ahead of ourselves with these lumpy investments.

The question still remains not how will Disney respond to Epic Universe, but how will USF and IOA.

We know how the former (Disney is responding). They are continuing to plug away at all their parks with new lands being built and rolling out end of decade to most of their parks.

IOA has nothing currently of note on the docket this decade.

USF is going to limp along to finally maybe start to turn around their fortunes in 2030.

Epic is awesome. But it has sucked up all the air in the room from Universal's pipeline. USF's investment pipeline (that big new actual land) is an entire decade delayed. SNW was supposed to open start of this current decade.

This is where the flaws in the 'we want new gates' mantra start to come out to play.

ToTBellHop

This is what I alluded to with getting a little bit too far ahead of ourselves with these lumpy investments.

The question still remains not how will Disney respond to Epic Universe, but how will USF and IOA.

We know how the former (Disney is responding). They are continuing to plug away at all their parks with new lands being built and rolling out end of decade to most of their parks.

IOA has nothing currently of note on the docket this decade.

USF is going to limp along to finally maybe start to turn around their fortunes in 2030.

Epic is awesome. But it has sucked up all the air in the room from Universal's pipeline. USF's investment pipeline (that big new actual land) is an entire decade delayed. SNW was supposed to open start of this current decade.

This is where the flaws in the 'we want new gates' mantra start to come out to play.
It will definitely be a challenge for them. They’ll have spent a fortune on EU but USF and IoA will immediately need a lot of work. But EU will be packed and also need expansion ASAP. That’s a lot of spending.

rd805

I have significantly less faith in Disney than Uni. Disney has nothing announced, and does not fast track anything. These expansions that we all are HOPING for, are best case scenario 3 years away. I have no doubt that Universal will have other ideas in motion once EU is making $$ back to their company. The tickets will be expensive, the souvenirs will fly off the shelves, and we would be dumb to think they don't try to pitch the other 2 theme parks as BONUSES to going to EU, keeping people within their bubble & spending on food/merch at IOA & USF.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of the portal of Epic Universe. Arches were recently added at the sides. A tower named Chronos is rising at the center.
1717792942999.png

Aerial photo of water cascading at rocky features next to the Epic Universe show fountain. At the center are concrete forms for a compass rose type of star in the walkway.
1717792968819.png

Aerial photo of work so far at the portal Epic Universe. Arches recently added at the sides.
1717793001335.png

Aerial look at areas near the portal of Epic Universe.The yellow bracing at the Chronos tower is temporary. Zoom in to see the welded green frame.
1717793052781.png

Aerial photo of the Kirkman Rd extension. Helios Grand Hotel and Epic Universe at center.
1717793023672.png

Aerial photo of a panel being lowered for the Celestial Carousel roof.Blue netting in areas at the right. Water has been added to the pond in the background for testing. A chain of fountains can be seen. In Epic Universe.
1717793076907.png

Aerial photo of Helios Grand Hotel in Epic Universe.
1717793124861.png

Aerial photo of the Epic Universe admission buildings and the park's portal.Blue fencing is seen around the large colorful circle of patterned concrete.
1717793155184.png

Aerial photo of Celestial Carousel and Stardust Racers in Epic Universe.
1717793183096.png

Aerial overview of Helios Grand Hotel and the Epic Universe show fountain
1717793208569.png

wdwfan4ver

USF is not going to be as bad as you think due to Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit replacement being done before 2030. I am saying that due to the new rumor of the coaster closing in 2026. Also there is rumor for Blue Man Group theater being used for Ghostbusters stage show.

I know you are referring to 2030 for Pokemon being done.

trr1

https://x.com/bioreconstruct
bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of the Universal Orlando day guest parking garages.At left is Kirkman Rd, the primary route to Epic Universe. Interchange with Sand Lake Rd, top left, at the NW corner of the Epic property.
1717793260633.png

Aerial photo of the Epic Universe show fountain. Filled with water for testing.
1717793309406.png

Aerial photo of a restaurant near the Epic Universe show fountain.
1717795414265.png

Aerial look over the roofline of Helios Grand Hotel to areas near the Epic Universe show fountain. A restaurant is at left.
1717795459192.png

Aerial photo of the top floor lounge in development at Helios Grand Hotel in Epic Universe.
1717795480691.png

3 aerial photos with views across the width of Helios Grand Hotel in Epic Universe.

1717795511263.png
1717795520263.png
1717795540460.png

Aerial photo of rock work at the Epic Universe entrance. Also seen is a recently added curved staircase. It's believed that a VIP room is at the upper level. Similar to a VIP room at the front of Universal Studios Florida.
1717795565175.png

Aerial overview of the front of Epic Universe.
1717795600697.png

BrianLo

USF is not going to be as bad as you think due to Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit replacement being done before 2030. I am saying that due to the new rumor of the coaster closing in 2026. Also there is rumor for Blue Man Group theater being used for Ghostbusters stage show.

I know you are referring to 2030 for Pokemon being done.

That’s what I qualify as limping along. Im not, not excited for either of those projects. But they have to also do the leg work for most of the rest of the park, which is still slowly rotting. Then subsequently more things need to be closed for their inevitable replacements.

I really thought they would expedite Pokémon instead of more half measures. Basically this is the downside to a new gate.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of work on the top of Helios Grand Hotel. Water can be seen flowing through the rocky cascade below, at the edge of the Epic Universe show fountain.
1717795697615.png

Aerial photo of Celestial Carousel, the portal of The Isle of Berk, and the front areas of Epic Universe.
1717795721325.png

Aerial overview of the Epic Universe show fountain, filled for testing. There's concrete forms for a compass rose type of star in the walkway above the rocky cascade at the fountain.
1717795745310.png

A meandering curve of fountains can be seen in this aerial photo of Epic Universe. From Atlantic restaurant at top of the photo, to the splash pad at center.

1717795788466.png

Aerial overview of the entrance of Epic Universe.
1717795835811.png

At center of this aerial photo are recently added trees near Atlantic restaurant in Epic Universe.
1717795858980.png

Aerial photo of Blue Dragon Pan-Asian Restaurant in Epic Universe.
1717795890388.png

Aerial look at the launch site for fireworks at Epic Universe. Shells will rise up centered with Helios Grand Hotel and the show fountain in Celestial Park.
1717795923017.png

Aerial photos of steel frame rising for restaurants near the front of Epic Universe.
1717796000955.png
1717796009168.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of what is believed to be a BBQ restaurant in Epic Universe. Windows recently added at right. Seems like the brick exterior might be complete.
1717796120339.png

Aerial photo of Helios Grand Hotel, Stella Nova, and Terra Luna resorts at Epic Universe.Peninsula in foreground is the park's fireworks launch site.
1717796151539.png

Aerial overview of Celestial Park in Epic Universe. All water features have water from testing. From the cascade at Luna Overlook, to the cascade at the show fountain.Roof installation has started at Celestial Carousel. Steel frame at the restaurants at bottom right.
1717796196977.png

Aerial look at buildings for Universal Creative. Located at the NW corner of the Epic Universe property, at the interchange of Kirkman Rd and Sand Lake Rd.
1717796241971.png

Aerial look at work so far on the cascading water feature at front of Epic Universe. Water recently added for testing.
1717796268757.png

Aerial photo of the front areas of Celestial Park. The density of trees placed at the Epic Universe entrance (top of this photo) will soon be seen here.
1717796310195.png

Aerial photo of areas near the Epic Universe splash pad.
1717796341743.png

Aerial photo of construction at the Kirkman Rd interchange with Sand Lake Rd.Epic Universe at top of the photo. New buildings for Universal Creative at center of this photo.
1717796374163.png

Aerial photo of work on two small buildings in Celestial Park. At right is CelesTiki bar. In Epic Universe.
1717796405745.png

Aerial photo of areas near Blue Dragon Pan-Asian Restaurant in Epic Universe.Water is flowing through rocky cascade at left.Concrete forms are in place for a compass rose type of star in the walkway.
1717796451148.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of a small building in Celestial Park at Epic Universe.
1717796518436.png

At center of this aerial photo are recently added trees near Atlantic restaurant in Epic Universe.
1717796551888.png

Aerial photo of a Super Nintendo store and Pizza Moon in Epic Universe.
1717796590480.png

Aerial look at expansion areas North of Epic Universe. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at left center. Team Member parking is along Sand Lake Rd, top right.
1717796637244.png

Aerial look at trees recently placed at an Epic Universe restaurant.
1717796672674.png

trr1

That’s what I qualify as limping along. Im not, not excited for either of those projects. But they have to also do the leg work for most of the rest of the park, which is still slowly rotting. Then subsequently more things need to be closed for their inevitable replacements.

I really thought they would expedite Pokémon instead of more half measures. Basically this is the downside to a new gate.
I believe there is an expansion plot next to SNW for Pokemon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom