Universal earnings, attendance slip...cite Disney's 50th marketing push a reason

CTXRover

Original Poster
From the Orlando Sentinel

Apparently Universal has had a tough summer. Paid admissions were down some 2 percent and overall theme park revenue last quarter from across all of Universal's parks worldwide was down 11%.
Universal cited high gas prices, threat of hurricanes and Disney's aggressive marketing campaign for its global celebration of 50 years of Disney theme parks as reasons for the drop.

A consulting firm from Cincinatti said that the attractions business in general will be flat or down from last year, although noted that Disney got a "good pop" from their 50th marketing campaigns.

I imagine this also indicates that Disney's efforts to keep people on property (Magical Express, Magic your way tickets and packages) are working in their favor and provides the "real" reason Jaws went to a seasonal attraction (and not because they wanted to steer guests to the new rides they have )

Michael72688

I'm sorry, I love Universal but they really deserve this. Maybe finally we will see some major changes there, new rides, maybe they will market for a change and maybe they will learn how to operate a theme park properly. Ok I fell better now

Michael72688

that is exactly what is happening and Universal is so stupid they are letting it happen. Maybe its time NBC step in a make some major executive changes not only here in Orlando but worldwide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom