Universal Counter Service: Can You Break Up a Combo?

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
The "combo meals" offered at WDW often prove to be way too much food for me, and I suspect it will be the same for Universal, since in browsing Universal's menus I see tons of entrees that come with, e.g., fries and a milkshake. My question is: is is possible to order entrees "without" side items for a small discount (as at WDW), or will Universal charge full price even if I don't want the whole meal?

fosse76

The "combo meals" offered at WDW often prove to be way too much food for me, and I suspect it will be the same for Universal, since in browsing Universal's menus I see tons of entrees that come with, e.g., fries and a milkshake. My question is: is is possible to order entrees "without" side items for a small discount (as at WDW), or will Universal charge full price even if I don't want the whole meal?

I don't know of any meals combos that include a milkshake. That said, you can certainly buy items a la carte.

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
I don't know of any meals combos that include a milkshake. That said, you can certainly buy items a la carte.

Maybe it's a more recent change, but there are meals at Mel's Diner, Richter's Burger Co., the Classic Monsters Cafe, and Krusty Burger (and probably others -- those are just the ones I remember from browsing the current menus) that include fries and a milkshake, and almost all of the entrees everywhere include fries or another side. Because the menus don't give an alternate price for the entree alone, I wasn't sure if separating them was even an option. I'm glad to know I can take or leave portions of the combo. :)

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Maybe it's a more recent change, but there are meals at Mel's Diner, Richter's Burger Co., the Classic Monsters Cafe, and Krusty Burger (and probably others -- those are just the ones I remember from browsing the current menus) that include fries and a milkshake, and almost all of the entrees everywhere include fries or another side. Because the menus don't give an alternate price for the entree alone, I wasn't sure if separating them was even an option. I'm glad to know I can take or leave portions of the combo. :)
I think you have your answer but if there are any specifics you want me to check tomorrow I will

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
I think you have your answer but if there are any specifics you want me to check tomorrow I will

I think I'm all set -- but if you do end up ordering anything "without" a side, let us know how it goes and how much you saved. :) Have a wonderful day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom