Universal AP

Who has a better Park? Disney or Universal?

• Disney

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • Universal

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

woofboy111

Original Poster
I've had my universal Annual pass for 6 days now, and I've went to the parks four times so far and theres some things I've noticed that really separate Disney and Universal. First is the food. At IOA, I've eaten once since I've had my annual pass, and that was at the cartoon Cafe at toon Lagoon. I ordered fetichine alfredo. It was $6.95 and the portion was tiny. They put it on a normal sized styrofoam plate, and the pasta took up less than half the plate, and they didn't even fill up the other half with anything. I also had 3 sodas at that park so far, and all 3 were flat. (From different resturants). At Universal, I have no complaints with the food. I've eaten there once, and both the food and sodas were good.

*the next time I went, I ate at Pastmore at Citywalk, and got the same Fetichine Alfredo. For 3 bucks more, you got a huge plate of food, unlike IOA.

Something good that Universal does that disney doesn't do (which I always thought they sould), is keeping the resutrants open a half hour after the park closes. This way, you don't use up your ride time be eating.

I also get 20% off of everything at universal (including spencer Gifts in malls), but I always forget to give my card. Both times I've eaten in the parks, they have no problem of giving my money back after I eat, as long as I have my recipt.

Just some stuff I've noticed. I'll post more as I notice more!

M

Mr Lightbeer

Just some stuff I've noticed. I'll post more as I notice more! [/B][/QUOTE]

Gee I can't wait.

sillyspook13

I've noticed that it is a better deal to eat at the more expensive Citywalk restaraunts. My parents and I ate at the Hard Rock Cafe once. A $7 side order of nachos with the works was enough to fill up the three of us. Plus, if you pay for parking, you can get a $7 discount at some restaraunts. That meant we only had to pay for drinks!

JBloom1029

yeah universal food is better especially emerils and the restaurants at portofino. The best place to eat is mama luigis in the new york area of the park.

esmeralda

There is another big difference between Universal and Disney-Universal serves liquor in the parks-Word to the wise-drink pina colada's AFTER riding dueling dragons not before!

woofboy111

Original Poster
I don't know when the last time you were at Disney, but I'm almost 100% sure that they sell liquor at disney as well. I may be wrong about all of the parks, but I am sure about epcot.

esmeralda

I do realize that liquor is sold at WDW, I wasnt very clear when writing my comment. The difference is that WDW sells liquor in the restaurants where Universal sells it at the little walk up counter service places so you can actually walk around the parks with it. To me, that is much more tempting!

woofboy111

Original Poster
Okay, but I'm almost sure there are some of those in Epcot's world showcase. I may be wrong...I haven't been in a while.

The Mom

Premium Member
There is no liquor sold in MK, ever. When EPCOT first opened, you had to go into a restaurant, and order food, to get beer or wine. Now it is sold at stands outside, and no food need be purchased. The same is true at MGM & AK. I think the price of drinks keeps most people from overindulging. I certainly wouldn't want to go on a coaster after 2 glasses of wine!

JAY-ROD

I think both places are great. what seperates them is the atomsphere. disney stuff are well hide, universal u can see pretty much everything from the road. Disney goes out of the way for every detail to make our experience worth while. as soon as I go through those disneyworld gates I'm already get the feeling i'm in my fairy tale place. Universal just doesnt compete with that. :)

MrPromey

The only place in any of the 4 WDW parks that I know of where you can get any kind of liquor (as in mixed drinks) is the frozen margaritas in Mexico. Universal sells hard liquor all over the place. They also allow smoking park wide. These things in and of themselves don't make Universal's parks worse but they do contribute heavily to making them less family-friendly

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by esmeralda
There is another big difference between Universal and Disney-Universal serves liquor in the parks-Word to the wise-drink pina colada's AFTER riding dueling dragons not before!

The only Disney park that DOESN'T sell alcohol is The Magic Kingdom. In Epcot, MGM and AK you can get alcohol.

The Mom

Premium Member
If I'm not mistaken, the Brown Derby had some specialty, mixed drinks on the menu. But I do agree, that in general, "hard" liquor isn't served in the parks that do serve beer & wine. Since my husband & I usually don't drink the hard stuff, I never really noticed. I'm just thankful I can get a cold beer on a really hot day!

MrPromey

The Serving in the Brown Derby would neither surprise or bother me. That is the parks most expensive sit down restaurant. I can't imagine too many people going in there and boozing it up. Universal on the other hand has stands that sell it outside. They encourage people to walk around the park with their liquor making its consumption much more casual and much less controlled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom