Universal AP and Early Morning 1st Arrival

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hoping that somebody around here is expert enough to help us with this one...

On Friday, we will be arriving at the Universal area some time very early in the morning. We have purchased annual passes (paid in full online two weeks ago). Our hope is to be able to utilize the Early admission on Friday right away when we pick up/activate our passes. Anybody with any familiarity of doing something like this? I know that we have to go to the ticket window to pick them up, but not sure if the window is open before the early opening at 8am.

Any insight is welcome!

And we are avoiding the 'pay for first day' parking issue by parking at our hotel across the street and walking over on the first day!

JoeCamel

Hoping that somebody around here is expert enough to help us with this one...

On Friday, we will be arriving at the Universal area some time very early in the morning. We have purchased annual passes (paid in full online two weeks ago). Our hope is to be able to utilize the Early admission on Friday right away when we pick up/activate our passes. Anybody with any familiarity of doing something like this? I know that we have to go to the ticket window to pick them up, but not sure if the window is open before the early opening at 8am.

Any insight is welcome!

And we are avoiding the 'pay for first day' parking issue by parking at our hotel across the street and walking over on the first day!
Your pass media would be good for entry if you have a barcode on it. Not sure if you bought them through Universal online or a third party. If Universal you could enter then get the actual plastic later. It will get you into early entry as well if you have the proper level pass.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
B
Your pass media would be good for entry if you have a barcode on it. Not sure if you bought them through Universal online or a third party. If Universal you could enter then get the actual plastic later. It will get you into early entry as well if you have the proper level pass.

Bought them through Universal online. But, no barcode, just a purchase code which says to pick up tickets at the ticket windows, but not sure if they will be open early? Might call Uni about it, but last time I tried I ended up on hold for a bit long...

JoeCamel

B

Bought them through Universal online. But, no barcode, just a purchase code which says to pick up tickets at the ticket windows, but not sure if they will be open early? Might call Uni about it, but last time I tried I ended up on hold for a bit long...
They should be open at least 1/2 hour before park opening but I am not sure if that will get you in for EPA. I suggest you call guest services to verify.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Original Poster
They should be open at least 1/2 hour before park opening but I am not sure if that will get you in for EPA. I suggest you call guest services to verify.

Yeah...been on hold with them for the past...well, let's just call it a long time.

JoeCamel

Yeah...been on hold with them for the past...well, let's just call it a long time.
Usually I get someone in minutes, wonder what the problem is?
In any case you need to exchange the voucher for plastic so you know you need the ticket window. Can you post a picture of the voucher with the number, personal info blocked?

It is not like I buy an AP every day and I always have exchanged it in the park after the first time when I could get the paper pass from the kiosk. Since they changed to plastic I just do it in the park after entry.

JoeCamel

Just did this at the Portofino.

Showed up at around 2:30 PM or so. Not sure how early everything is up and running though?

Checked in and the room was ready.

I asked what all I had to do to get the AP's, express passes etc.

Once we had our room cards we just walked a few feet to the express pass kiosk, took a picture and those are good immediately through the day of our check out.

Another 10 yard walk to a ticket desk and we got our AP's. They told me at the front desk I don't even need to show them the AP's, I read somewhere that you need to do that to get the AP rate. Apparently not.

Short run to the room to get the luggage there and out to City Walk to get a quick meal then off to the parks by 4. Really easy.

I did get a confirmation number by email since I also purchased on line, printed it out and of course that was in my suit case. Wasn't a problem they just asked for my ID and the credit card I used to buy the tickets and that was enough for them to give us our AP's. Don't know if the other hotels have ticket desks?

BTW the lanyards are useful, I didn't buy any on the first day and then found out why people have them. Lot easier to use the express passes when they are around your neck being easily visible for someone to scan. $10 a piece at the ticket place, $8-$9 at other places dependent on the design. Get one that seals out water or get them a head of time at home.
The OP wants to get the pass before park open to catch EPA. Resort ticket desks are not open that early

JoeCamel

Seems like they would be? Got to be people who checked in late and want to head off to the parks for EPA?
Nope - They have to go to the ticket window. Best move is to get a voucher that can be used for entry and get the ticket later if possible. The express is automated so if you have your room key you can get that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom