Universal and Island of Adventure

Brer Bear

Original Poster
I hope I don't get a lot of heat for asking this question on this board. But I'm going to Disney in May and was offered a free Universal Studios ticket by a friend of mine. I havn't been there in 10 years.

Is it worth taking a day away from Disney to go to Universal. Is Island of Adventure that great of park. I've heard so much about the Spider Man ride.Also, does it cost another fee to get into Island of Adventure? Or, does one ticket get you into both parks

Hoping for anyone's help:animwink:

howlin_mad

You should definitely go to either Universal or IOA. If you're into thrill rides, then go to IOA. Otherwise head over to USF. Since you haven't been there in 10 years there'll be plenty of new stuff for you to do. The one ticket will get you into either park. IOA is good for a few rides (namely Spider-Man, Hulk, Dragons, Dudley Do-Right, Cat in Hat, JPRA), but you'll find that it takes only half a day to see the whole park.

Rider

I think you can hop with the ticket. Both parks only take a half day (unless you do things over and over) so I bet you can visit both.

TURKEY

I'm not so sure about the hopping. I think a regular admission ($50 ticket), you can't. There may have been a hopper ticket, but I'm not so sure.

Bobcat

Absolutely!

It's definitely worth missing a day to head over to IOA!

having said that, I believe a previous poster stated, it depends on what type of attractions you prefer, if you prefer the thrill rides, IOA is top notch! If not, USF is your place.

If my memory serves me correct, I believe you may only be able to park hop if you have a multi-day pass. I think the same rule applies to one day admissions to Universal that applies to one day Disney passes, one day, one park. I may be wrong and a quick visit to www.usf.com may be able to shed some light on the subject.

Either way, go, you won't regret it!

Take care and have a great time.

Go B's!

Bobcat

ps..we're heading down the 3rd-11th of May, CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Brer Bear

Original Poster
Thanks Bobcat, really appreciate the info. We will probally make the effort and go. We will be there May 11th as well :sohappy:

Have a great time:)

woofboy111

It depends where your friend got the ticket too. If he's a castmember, then you are able to hop with those tickets, but for most, they are only good for one park. It's worth a try if you want to see both parks. After the first park, make sure you get your hand stamped and see if the ticket will go through at the other park.

goofyfan13

I think that IOA is a good park but it didn't impress me too much. Hulk and Spider man was great. BUT when you see holes in the dinosaurs on Jurassic Park it completely kills the mood. I didn't like how the theming just stopped on Dragons when you got to the coaster the line was so cool too. Besides that the park was OK.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
ok.. here's the rule. It's the same as Disney's rule. The ticket you have is good for the parks that were open at the time the ticket was issued. IE. If its a 10 year old ticket, you can go to USF, but not IOA. HOWEVER.. go to guest services prior to entering the park, and they may be able to do some sort of swap or charge you the difference for the ticket's value.

Brer Bear

Original Poster
Thanks Tiggerman for the help. I believe the tickets were purchased within the month. So what you are saying is that I could be able to hop between the two parks. Correct?????:confused:

howlin_mad

Originally posted by Brer Bear
Thanks Tiggerman for the help. I believe the tickets were purchased within the month. So what you are saying is that I could be able to hop between the two parks. Correct?????

Nope. Tiggerman was just stating that if you had an old ticket, you could upgrade it into a current ticket to get you into either IoA or USF. You still need a special park hopping one day ticket, or multiday ticket if you want to park hop.

Disney4648

Hey , I would strongly suggest that you skip Disney and go to IOA or Universal. Dont get me wrong that Disney is a great place but most people need a change from disney and a universal park is the place to go!:)

RogueHabit

Originally posted by howlin_mad

Nope. Tiggerman was just stating that if you had an old ticket, you could upgrade it into a current ticket to get you into either IoA or USF. You still need a special park hopping one day ticket, or multiday ticket if you want to park hop.
IS there such a thing as a one day park hopper at Univeral, I don't think such a ticket exists.

10sne1

1/2 day?

Originally posted by howlin_mad
You should definitely go to either Universal or IOA. If you're into thrill rides, then go to IOA. Otherwise head over to USF. Since you haven't been there in 10 years there'll be plenty of new stuff for you to do. The one ticket will get you into either park. IOA is good for a few rides (namely Spider-Man, Hulk, Dragons, Dudley Do-Right, Cat in Hat, JPRA), but you'll find that it takes only half a day to see the whole park.

Only 1/2 a day? Our family of five can spend an entire day at a Six flags but that's including the shows. Does IOA have shows? Maybe it is possible with no shows. We arrive in Orlando around 11am. Maybe we could head over to IOA and see everything until closing. I just heard that the kids would love IOA especially with their ages of 14, 10, and 9!

David

Originally posted by Brer Bear
I hope I don't get a lot of heat for asking this question on this board. But I'm going to Disney in May and was offered a free Universal Studios ticket by a friend of mine. I havn't been there in 10 years.

Is it worth taking a day away from Disney to go to Universal. Is Island of Adventure that great of park. I've heard so much about the Spider Man ride.Also, does it cost another fee to get into Island of Adventure? Or, does one ticket get you into both parks

Hoping for anyone's help:animwink:

I have to agree about the Spiderman ride. As much as I love going to Disney, I think Spiderman is a better ride than anything at WDW (hope I don't get too much heat from posting that here).

You can not hop from one park to the other, although I think you can do both parks in one day. But even then, you need a ticket for each park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom