Unique 'Soaring film in production for EPCOT, Jim Hill reports

GioGoof

A film about florida is not that bad, I live in florida and theres allot of things to do here, like historical places, the beaches, oranges, NASA, daytona 500, disney cruise line, cities like Miami and others and the florida keys. what do you think?

DisneySaint

Originally posted by imagineersrock
IMO, this ride should simply be "soarin"

instead of focusing on california, florida, the US, or the world..

it should simply be an attraction in which you fly over the different types of unique landscapes of the world regardless of their location. this would fit in perfectly with "the land" theme. An attraction where you fly over all the different kinds of "land" whether it be deserts, grasslands, volcanos, snowy mountain tops, etc.

seems like common sense to me. -just my 2 cents.

I agree totally! This is completely Epcot-esque. Nonetheless, I'm glad to hear I won't have to be Soarin' Over California. When you're in Florida, does anyone even CARE about what it's like in California? ESPECIALLY in Epcot!

xfkirsten

Originally posted by SIR90210
I'll be fine with the California film, so long as they don't show LA in all its traffic and smog choked glory.

But they do. :/ It's a night shot so you don't see the smog, but there's definitely traffic.

-Kirsten

BG Rugger

I think it should be called "Soarin'". Then have the movie encompass the major features of each continent. North America could have the West Coast, Great Plains, the great outdoors of Canada, Mexico and South America would be highlighted, China could have the Wall, Great Britain could have downtown London, Eiffel Tower in France, The Beautiful Highlands of Scotland and Ireland, The Alps of Europe, etc. etc. It would go great with the whole exploration/cultural theme of EPCOT:sohappy:

DW88

Soarin' Over California will do great for the few years it will be there. As others have said, it's a great opportunity to ride it without the cost of airfare to go out there.

There are many concepts that could be used in the new film for the ride. I kind of like the idea of flying over the world. You could visit all the different types of environments like cities, rain forests, tundras, plains and that could fit into the "Land" theme.

stitch rocks

i also like the soaring over the land theme... it seems apporpriate for epcot... not soaring over california... but i guess it give insight on what california really is.. since there are people out there (i have met some of these people) who think california is all about the celebrities and the recall (well at the time the recall was going on)...

imagineersrock

..theres also lots of people who have never been to idaho and think it's nothing but potatoes.. -thats no reason to make a "soarin over idaho"

..i still stand by my origional post.

i have nothing against getting the cali. film.. i just don't feel it makes sense in relation to the rest of the park or even to the rest of "the land" pavillion.

:brick:

MagicalMonorail

Originally posted by stich rocks
i also like the soaring over the land theme... it seems apporpriate for epcot... not soaring over california... but i guess it give insight on what california really is.. since there are people out there (i have met some of these people) who think california is all about the celebrities and the recall (well at the time the recall was going on)...

You forgot to mention gay marriages and Arnold.:lookaroun Soarin seems like it may be a fun ride, but it would be nice to ride above another state. Yes, Florida is the state it is in, but why not offer another view. Most of the people who visit WDW have already soared over Florida on the plane so how about something new to look at? And don't forget about the clone rules. Soarin Over California could be cloned into Soarin over the land, over America, over the world, anything. For now let's just wait around and see what we get.

kurros

Originally posted by imagineersrock
i have nothing against getting the cali. film.. i just don't feel it makes sense in relation to the rest of the park or even to the rest of "the land" pavillion.

California agriculture accounts for 1/3 of the nations food supply. A good chunk of the film includes these areas of California.

I think that fits in with The Land.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by kurros
California agriculture accounts for 1/3 of the nations food supply

So what you are saying is that the majority of Americas lemons come from California. That would explain some of Hollywoods films.

xfkirsten

Originally posted by Pumbas Nakasak
So what you are saying is that the majority of Americas lemons come from California. That would explain some of Hollywoods films.

LMAO!! Like "Bring it On" 2??? :lol:

-Kirsten

Calamar

Ahah. In retrospect, this thread makes so much sense!

Jim Hill's report regarding Epcot's upcoming "Soarin'" attraction is consistent with the news we heard on Wednesday from the Disney stockholder meeting. Theme Parks President Jay Rasulo made the following announcement:

"Soarin' Over California is an amazing simulation of hang gliding over The Garden State."

I absolutely cannot wait to soar over the majestic sights of Joisey, admiring the familiar icons of this proud state.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom