Unique Flight of Passage FP strategy

flyfree432

We’ve been talking about our strategy to actually get fast passes to Flight of Passage, apparently a unicorn FP.

From what I hear there is a remote chance you can get them at 60+3/4 days out, and your chances get much better at 60+5 days.

I also noticed that our 4 day tickets are also good for 7 days. So instead of buying tickets starting on the first day we will actually use them, I was going to buy tickets that would expire on the last day we actually intend to be there. The price is the same. Then we would be able to book our fast passes for AK at 60+6 instead of 60+3.

Has anyone else done this?

goofyyukyuk

We’ve been talking about our strategy to actually get fast passes to Flight of Passage, apparently a unicorn FP.

From what I hear there is a remote chance you can get them at 60+3/4 days out, and your chances get much better at 60+5 days.

I also noticed that our 4 day tickets are also good for 7 days. So instead of buying tickets starting on the first day we will actually use them, I was going to buy tickets that would expire on the last day we actually intend to be there. The price is the same. Then we would be able to book our fast passes for AK at 60+6 instead of 60+3.

I’ve never bought tickets that I wasn’t going to use; however, I’ve had better luck getting FoP Fastpasses towards the end of a weeklong stay for that reason. Good find by you if the 7 day price is the same as the 4 day price though!

Upvote 0

flyfree432

Original Poster
I’m not talking about buying 7 day tickets. I’m talking about buying 4 day tickets.

Example:

If we are planning on being at the park on the 10th-13th, we could buy 4 day tickets that are good for the 10th-17th. Then we can choose our fast passes on days 60+3 (since we are on resort.

Or we could buy 4 day tickets that are good for the 7th-13th. We would still go to the parks on the 10th-13th but we could pick out fast passes even sooner, since our window opens on the 7th two months prior instead of the 10th two months prior.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

When I booked my FPs for my last July trip, I had no problems getting FOP two days at reasonable times in the AM--on days 3 and 5. I had a quick look at days 1 and 2 and there were availability then too. I couldn't believe it as that was the first time since FOP opening, I seen it have that many available.

Upvote 0

Clamman73

Right as mentioned above...fastpass picking time is based off resort reservation. I plan on my DAK rope drop day on day 6 so I should get a morning FOP, and my strategy is to do that day first right at 7:00am to just grab it and then 7D/peter pan for MK days and Frozen for Epcot day/s. (I try to get in a rope drop FOP ride and then a fastpass one sometime in the morning).
The other high demand fastpass is Slinky Dog but they’re changing up the tiers soon so I’m curious to see how that changes availability.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member

As @Jon81uk and @Clamman73 said, your plan will not work as your 60 day FP booking window opens based on the first day of your RESORT reservation, not the first day your tickets are valid. You will be locked out of the FP system until Day 60 from check in arrives.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

Have AP and am going back down to WDW on Sept 8th. Was able to get FP at 60 + 4 days without a problem. Actually have 2 FoP FP for the ending days of our visit. Just had to get up early on 60 days to go.

Upvote 0

Nottamus

Maybe I just got lucky...but three times over last 2 trips, We managed to get same day FOP fastpasses. One just 1.5 hours ahead of time.

Second week of November, and first week of April trip times.

We use 'waiting for bus' or 'bench time' to try...and so far haven't had too hard of a time. Your mileage may vary...

(hoping one day, i say the same thing about Star Wars FPs)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom