Unexpected guest on trip...advice

drcasey

So I am supposed to be taking a trip with my mom the first two weeks of march, my only vacation this year. I am in medical school so this vacation is much needed after a demanding year of schoolwork. So this morning my mom informs me she invited my aunt along on the trip without asking me. Since I'm in the room with double beds, shell be in the room with me. I am really bummed. I wanted this to just be us on this trip. She already invited her so it's not like she can uninvite her. I am pretty upset about this

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thanks for the kind words! Yep, I'm in my third year. It definitely isn't glamour, but it can be very rewarding at times. Oh gosh, organic is the worst. Most of us in med school absolutely hated that class!

I'm sure organic has been responsible for many potential med students to rethink that career path. Just like auditing is for accounting majors....and the first year of law school for wanna be lawyers. We call them the "weeding out" courses.

Glad everything was settled. Enjoy your trip with your mom.

Good luck in school and I hope you get what you want on Match Day. Then the fun really starts! Same miserable hours...and crappie pay.

Upvote 0

21stamps

So everything has been resolved! I talked with my mom, and said that I was really looking forward to some one on one time with her like we had planned and really wanted to fully relax. She said that she felt the same way! She said that even before she told me she'd invited my aunt, she regretted it (oh alcohol). So she talked with my aunt who said that she totally understands and that her son is off from school during the time we are going and she wants to spend time with him anyway! So we are going on a trip with her and her family sometime in the future. Thanks for all the advice and kind responses! To all who were not very nice and called me names, I hope you all have a magical day anyway!

Glad it worked out!
I don't exactly know how someone goes about inviting a person on vacation, and then uninviting them..but I guess alcohol involvement is an understandable excuse.
Maybe this was a life lesson for all involved.lol
Life won't always be perfect..even when you're stressed, overworked, exhausted, and made the best laid plans. If something goes wrong, or if someone disappoints you, you have two choices -A. Whine, pout, stomp your feet, and hide from it. B. Confront it and deal with it. You ended up choosing option B. Kudos on that.

Take the attempted insults on this thread with a grain of salt. Some people enjoy coming on a website to criticize others. Some seem to get kicks out of constantly being nasty. Misery loves company and all.. just ignore it.

Have a wonderful trip!! :)

Upvote 0

contrariwise

So everything has been resolved! I talked with my mom, and said that I was really looking forward to some one on one time with her like we had planned and really wanted to fully relax. She said that she felt the same way! She said that even before she told me she'd invited my aunt, she regretted it (oh alcohol). So she talked with my aunt who said that she totally understands and that her son is off from school during the time we are going and she wants to spend time with him anyway! So we are going on a trip with her and her family sometime in the future. Thanks for all the advice and kind responses! To all who were not very nice and called me names, I hope you all have a magical day anyway!

So glad it worked out. Sounds like you have a really good relationship with your mom, and it sounds like your aunt was a good sport. Have a great trip! We went in March once and the weather was so nice. I don't know if you're going to Epcot, but if so, take advantage of the Flower and Garden Festival - just watch the alcohol consumption LOL!

Upvote 0

mousehockey37

Glad it worked out!
I don't exactly know how someone goes about inviting a person on vacation, and then uninviting them..but I guess alcohol involvement is an understandable excuse.
Maybe this was a life lesson for all involved.lol
Life won't always be perfect..even when you're stressed, overworked, exhausted, and made the best laid plans. If something goes wrong, or if someone disappoints you, you have two choices -A. Whine, pout, stomp your feet, and hide from it. B. Confront it and deal with it. You ended up choosing option B. Kudos on that.

Take the attempted insults on this thread with a grain of salt. Some people enjoy coming on a website to criticize others. Some seem to get kicks out of constantly being nasty. Misery loves company and all.. just ignore it.

Have a wonderful trip!! :)

Actually, she took option C... that entailed Part A here on the forum but apparently Part B with her mom... So option C.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

So everything has been resolved!

After all that drama, glad to hear you're going on your Disney trip and everything worked out the way it was originally hoped for. You & mom have a great time and I hope you return refreshed and recharged to continue on with your training. One day return the favor by splurging for an appreciate/thank you mom trip.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

I just read through all of the posts today. I am glad it worked out for you. I would have been peeved too if someone that I was travelling with invited someone else to go along without discussing it with me first. Just because someone is paying for things does not mean that they should not take the other person into consideration. I have paid for trips with my sister but still plan things together with her and do not act as if it was my way or nothing. I have been on both sides of the gift giving and I don't think that there should be the attitude of "well, you should just be grateful and do what I say". That, to me, is like being a sore winner. You should not lord it over someone if you choose to give something.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom