Underwhelmed by Beaches and Cream ice cream

J_Carioca

Original Poster
We finally got in to Beaches and Cream on our last trip. Overall we really had a good time, largely due to our lovely server. The ambiance was fun and the main courses (burger and sandwich) were good, but not great. The burger was yummy but the amount of fries they served was paltry. The most surprising thing was that the ice cream wasn't that amazing. I had a strawberry milkshake and the strawberry flavour was very slight and it didn't taste real. For a place built around ice cream, the ice cream was really disappointing.

eliza61nyc

Aah sorry to hear that. We enjoy it when we go, like you we usually go for burgers and fries. Have not been in a few years so can't remember if the fries where skimpy.
last time there we got the "kitchen sink" which was in place of the meal.

We aren't ice cream aficionados though, lol we love ghiradellis but at home Turkey Hill is good enough.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
What I got last night.
430A1023-39A9-45EE-B576-EF573423D7BA.jpeg

I suppose if I were depending on a large portion of fries, I could see how that would be disappointing. The fries are cut larger than average, so would shoestring-style fries covering the same plate area seem adequate? The chili and burger were filling, though.

J_Carioca

Original Poster
Based on your photo, I think I might have just gotten an exceptionally small portion. It was like seven or eight fries. Not a big deal, I just found it surprising as I guess I expected this to be a "hearty portion" kind of place.

J_Carioca

Original Poster
Aah sorry to hear that. We enjoy it when we go, like you we usually go for burgers and fries. Have not been in a few years so can't remember if the fries where skimpy.

We aren't ice cream aficionados though, lol we love ghiradellis but at home Turkey Hill is good enough.

Yes, I had a good time and enjoyed the burger and the ambiance. I was just really disappointed by the very bland milkshake. WDW problems right? ;)

aladdin2007

It really went downhill for us when they switched to those cheap red plastic glasses to put the drinks and icecream in, we just hate those anywhere really but presentation use to be better here. Like in actual glass. Even floats now come in one of those awful plastic cups. Cant get more generic.

Smiley/OCD

Turkey Hill ice cream....MMMMM lol

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Tomato, tomahto. If you're going to style a place after an old-fashioned dairy bar, you'd better have good shakes and ice cream.

Then you'd go to one if the 380 Braums locations and skip any pale imitations. Artisan (you can read that in any foppish voice you'd like) is available across the puddle in Ample Hills Creamery on the Boardwalk. Beaches and Cream is Sundaes and comfort food.

Club Cooloholic

Then you'd go to one if the 380 Braums locations and skip any pale imitations. Artisan (you can read that in any foppish voice you'd like) is available across the puddle in Ample Hills Creamery on the Boardwalk. Beaches and Cream is Sundaes and comfort food.
Never heard of Braums. Learn something new! I also am a Turkey Hill aficionado, though I live right down the road from a creamery on a cow farm

Hcalvert

I went to the Turkey Hill Experience one time and found out that I really like Whoopie Pie ice cream and Lemonade Tea. I liked that you could try whatever flavors they had, as many times as you want, and try their different varieties of teas and punches. I should have taken more advantage of my time while I was there.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Never heard of Braums. Learn something new! I also am a Turkey Hill aficionado, though I live right down the road from a creamery on a cow farm

Braums is a family owned Ice Cream and Dairy store chain based out of Tuttl,e OK. They run their own Dairy to supply their stores kind of like Turkey Hill use to be before Kroger bought them in 1985. I like Turkey Hill products too. I first ran into them in Ephrata, PA while I was there for work.

J_Carioca

Original Poster

Just to be clear, I'm not looking for artisan. I'm looking for a good old-fashioned honest milkshake made with real ice cream and milk. The kind you'd get at an old-fashioned diner - which is really the opposite of artisan. And if you're going to call it a strawberry milkshake it had better taste like strawberry.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
We finally got in to Beaches and Cream on our last trip. Overall we really had a good time, largely due to our lovely server. The ambiance was fun and the main courses (burger and sandwich) were good, but not great. The burger was yummy but the amount of fries they served was paltry. The most surprising thing was that the ice cream wasn't that amazing. I had a strawberry milkshake and the strawberry flavour was very slight and it didn't taste real. For a place built around ice cream, the ice cream was really disappointing.
If you are looking for good ice cream in that area, head to Ample Hills.
https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/amp...ls-creamery-now-open-at-disneys-boardwalk.htm

Beaches and Cream is mostly just dressed up store-quality ice cream. Ample Hills is the real deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom