Under the Sea Adventure

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
This is my idea for a Little Mermaid attraction. I know that there are many ideas for this attraction and the ride has been confirmed at Disney's California Adventure but my version of this ride is original and different. This new attraction will be a replacement for Pooh's Playful Spot. Here we go!

The Outward Facade- The facade is a large, blue-colored cave that is covered in seaweed and coral. Ariel's Grotto is connected to the side of the cave. On once side of the entrance, there is a trident that lights up as guests pass it. On the other side, there is a mast that reads "Under the Sea Adventure". Let's enter the cave!

The Queue-As you enter the cave, you find yourself in the queue. The queue looks like a large coral sea. There is seaweed and coral that move back and forth in a sea-like motion. There is a mural of Atlantica in the back of the queue. There is even special lighting that give the queue an underwater feeling. You enter the loading dock and board your vehicle (similar to Nemo's). Your vehicle takes off and enters into a cave.

The Decent Into the Sea- You enter a cave filled with mist. Once the mist clears, you see that the vehicle is moving downward, decending deeper into the sea. If you look up in this scene, Flotsam and Jetsam are seen in a small cave; their glowing eyes spying on you.

Under the Sea Celebration- This is the big scene in the ride! Obviously this is the scene where "Under the Sea" is sung. There is an Audio-Animatronic Ariel that sits on a rock, as Sebastian conducts an orchestra of fish. There is also an enhanced Flounder AA that swims all over the scene, sometimes even over the guests heads! There are a plethora of fish like, octopus, colorful fish, snails, and a blowfish that poofs up! Tiny bubbles slowly decend down from the ceiling. You leave the festival and enter a dark cavern.

The Mist Cavern- You enter a mist filled cavern. Ahead of you, you see the beautiful, sparkiling Atlantica. Unforetunately, that is not the direction we are heading. Flotsam and Jetsam appear and (with the use of video screens) they swim through the holes in the caverns. They direct you into the opposite direction: the Ship Graveyard.

The Ship Graveyard- You turn a corner and swim past the ruins of a sunken ship. As you move past the ships, you notice an AA Ariel and Flounder swim from behind one of the sunken vessels. You turn the corner and notice a large ship with a broken window in the back of it. As you approach the ship, a huge shark crashes the window! The vehicle rears back suddenly. Luckily, the shark is too big to fit through, and we escape just in time!

abreadcrumboi

The Decent Into the Sea- You enter a cave filled with mist. Once the mist clears, you see that the vehicle is moving downward, deeper into the sea. If you look up in this scene, Flotsam and Jetsam are seen in a small cave; their glowing eyes spying on you.

i really like this .. and i dont know if you are planning on saving the giant underwater castle for last ... but if you are not, it would be cool to see the castle in the decent into the sea

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
i really like this .. and i dont know if you are planning on saving the giant underwater castle for last ... but if you are not, it would be cool to see the castle in the decent into the sea

Thanks! About the castle, I don't have plans on putting it into the Decent Into the Sea scene in the ride. However, the castle will be in towards the end of the ride. Now back on to the ride!

The Geyser Canyon- You exit the Ship Graveyard and enter a sea of steamiing geysers. As you pass by each geyser, they explode and steam and water burst out. You swim through the steam-filled sea passage and notice the entrance to a large sea dragon's head: Ursula's Lair.

Ursula's Lair- You swim through the mouth of the sea dragon and enter Ursula's Lair. As you enter, you swim past Ursula's Garden of Lost Souls. Your vehicle turns inwards, facing the center of the circular room (similar to the sceance scene in the Haunted Mansion). Ursula and Ariel are in the center, conversing. Ursula casts a spell and colored smoke and fog bubble out of Ursula's cauldron. The deal is done, Ariel is human.

Ursula Takes Control- You exit the lair and enter a dark cavern. The story doesn't get any better from here for we see that Ursula has dethroned King Triton and has claimed the kingdom as her own. We pass by and notice that she is now holding the trident and wearing King Triton's crown. King Triton has now become a member of Ursula's Garden of Lost Souls, as well. As you exit the scene, we hear Ursula's voice getting louder and louder until it's almost booming.

Ursula's Wrath- You leave the cave and are now above sea...in the middle of a storm. Fog fills the bottom of the room and lighting cackles above. Ursula is now a huge giant! She is using the power of the trident to create the storm. Her tentacles are spinning and moving across the floor, as if they were moving through the sea. The tentacles are lifting up Prince Eric's ship, as Eric stands defenseless. Ursula laughs triumphantly.

The Aftermath- You enter the next room, there is another large Ursula (Except, she's only seen from the waist up) on one side of the room. On the other side, Eris is steering the ship towards Ursula. Once you pass the ship, Ursula lights up electrically and she squirms unpleasantly. As you leave the scene, you hear Ursula shout in agony.

Return to the Undersea Kingdom- You linger in darkness for a moment, before you find your way back to the open sea. Before you is the beautiful Atlantica. You swim up (in other words, your vehicle moves up) the pathway into the palace. Once you enter the castle, you see King Triton has now reclaimed his throne. The kingdom and creatures of the sea are all there to rejoice. However, it seems that Ariel is missing.

The Coral Sea/ The Secret Grove- You exit the palace and swim throught the sea, past a beautiful field of coral and sea plants. An instrumental "Part of Your World" plays in the background. Another enhanced Flounder AA helps guide you to Ariel's Grotto. You enter the secret grove. Once inside you see Ariel and all her precious human collectibles. You begin to rise above Ariel. As you rise, you hear King Trtion enter the grotto and cast a spell. You rise up and out of the top of the grotto.

The Wedding As you rise out of the grotto, you find yourself above the sea, viewinga grand wedding procession. Ariel and Eric are on their ship, waving goodbye to creatures in the sea and you, as well. As you exit the scene, King Triton makes a beautiful rainbow above you. You board the unloading dock, and exit the vehicle. As you exit the building, you notice a mural of Prince Eric's castle.

And now the best part of the ride, The Gift Shop that is convieniently placed at the exit that sells merchandise sold at every other Gift Shop in the park!!! Well, the gift shop looks like a ships cabin with fishing materials everywhere (Fish nets, lanters, ship cargo, etc.). As you exit the shop, you see the Mad Tea Party in front of you. You look behind you and see that the gift shop is actually in a lightthouse with rocks and tall grass behind it (to cover the show building.)

So what do you think?

Comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

abreadcrumboi

Thanks! About the castle, I don't have plans on putting it into the Decent Into the Sea scene in the ride. However, the castle will be in towards the end of the ride. Now back on to the ride!

ya i think saving the castle until the end is better... i really like the ride ... re you going to make any concept art

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
ya i think saving the castle until the end is better... i really like the ride ... re you going to make any concept art

About concept art, I drew up a rough sketch of the entire ride with the track layout and scenery. However, I won't be posting the picture because it's a bit sloppy and probably a bit hard to see. Lol

But I decided that I will be drawing concept art for most, if not all of the scenes. I'm not sure when I'll have the scenes drawn out, but I'll try to work quick. Now, trust me, my drawing isn't an A+ masterpiece but I'll try my best.

If there is a specific scene that you want to see drawn out, I'll glady draw the concept art and post it.

michael92

yeah, i get the idea!.. i would make the entrance into the water a little bit more "horizontally", though, to make it more interesting

abreadcrumboi

Okay, well I have the first piece of concept art done for the attraction. It's the very first scene, call the Decent Into the Sea. I'm sorry if the picture is a bit sloppy, I kinda rushed through it a little. Anyway, enjoy!

http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jkjhkjz3.jpg

i like it ... and i get the idea.... and if i ever get any free time and find out how to post pics, would you mind if i put some of my concept art for it

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Thanks for the comments! If you do have concept art that you have made, you can definetly post it in here. I like to see the ideas that other people have for this attraction, as well!

And about the ramp in the picture, it is supposed to be a little bit more slanted than it is in the picture. However, it's a little bit hard to draw a picture showing how steep it is, while trying to catch the rest of the theming in the area. I'll try to figure a way out to make it look better.

So, I think the next concept rendering that I'm going to work on might be the Queue or the Facade of the ride. I don't know which one'll make it on here first. We'll see what happens.

abreadcrumboi

Thanks for the comments! If you do have concept art that you have made, you can definetly post it in here. I like to see the ideas that other people have for this attraction, as well!

And about the ramp in the picture, it is supposed to be a little bit more slanted than it is in the picture. However, it's a little bit hard to draw a picture showing how steep it is, while trying to catch the rest of the theming in the area. I'll try to figure a way out to make it look better.

So, I think the next concept rendering that I'm going to work on might be the Queue or the Facade of the ride. I don't know which one'll make it on here first. We'll see what happens.

well if i get any free time.. which may be a while id love to post my concepts

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Okay, well, I've started on some concept art for the exterior of the attraction. However, I'm not sure when I'll get the time to post it.

Remember, if any of you have any ideas or come up with any concept art of your own, you are free to post it in this thread.

michael92

hi! im curious to see how your facade will turn out. you know, i was thinking that a similar version of this ride will be coming to DCA, but have you seen the concept art for the facade of the ride? it really isnt THAT great, so i thought.. well, what is califronia known for? beaches! so they could create a huge artificial beach, kinda like typhoon lagoons pool, oh and near paradise pier, and put a cave where the water ends, and inside that cave there is a grotto, and inside that grotto is the little mermaid ride.. i dunno, just an idea, it seems complicated but ill try to draw it. who knows, maybe it could be a new entire area that celebrates californian beaches!

abreadcrumboi

hi! im curious to see how your facade will turn out. you know, i was thinking that a similar version of this ride will be coming to DCA, but have you seen the concept art for the facade of the ride? it really isnt THAT great, so i thought.. well, what is califronia known for? beaches! so they could create a huge artificial beach, kinda like typhoon lagoons pool, oh and near paradise pier, and put a cave where the water ends, and inside that cave there is a grotto, and inside that grotto is the little mermaid ride.. i dunno, just an idea, it seems complicated but ill try to draw it. who knows, maybe it could be a new entire area that celebrates californian beaches!
where can i see the concept art for DCA's new ride .... by the way I like the whole beach idea

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Sorry guys, no concept art in this post.

I have seen about 3 or 4 different concept art pieces for the upcoming DCA attraction and I must say that I don't really like the facade that much. It seems as though they combined a Main Street building and San Francisco together. I have no idea how that works out! And the rid eitself doesn't look that promising. There are only like 6 or 7 scenes (from what the concept art has shown.)

But anyway, last night I saw the first Little Mermaid preview on Broadway, so I have got some new ideas to place into the attraction. So, look out for some new posts! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom