Undecided Resort Choice

correcaminos

Really? I think Port Orleans Riverside is the quietest resort at Disney; I absolutely love it. It's my #1 recommendation for anyone that doesn't want to pay deluxe prices because it's by far the best among the moderates/values. The boat to/from Disney Springs is a big plus if someone plans to spend a lot of time there.

It would be my top recommendation if the OP wants to save some money. If money is going to be no object at all, I'd probably go with Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Grand Floridian. AKL is remote and a bit of a hassle for getting to/from anywhere that isn't the Animal Kingdom, though, so if you're going to be at Disney Springs regularly it may not be the best choice. The Grand Floridian is not quite what it once was with the orchestra gone, but it still has the monorail and I think it's better than the Polynesian or the Contemporary. The Wilderness Lodge is probably the next best choice after those two.

Personally, I think the Boardwalk Inn is the best hotel on property for overall quality and location with the Beach/Yacht Club right behind, but you (the OP) already said you didn't want to stay there.
Yep, it seems echoy there as I walk around. I think it has to do with the pavement and the lack of taller greenery to absorb the sound. Not saying it is the loudest place I stayed or bad just the noisiest and least favorite of those listed.
Don’t stay at Poly as it’s being renovated. Limited food options. No monorail.
Monorail is at the TTC which is right by the DVC rooms. Food options are not limited to front door and platform work. Many resorts are not full service right now due to pandemic. In a year the monorial won't be an issue though. Hoping the same for food.

UNCgolf

Yep, it seems echoy there as I walk around. I think it has to do with the pavement and the lack of taller greenery to absorb the sound. Not saying it is the loudest place I stayed or bad just the noisiest and least favorite of those listed.

Are you just talking about the French Quarter? I've never stayed there but could see it being louder.

There are tons of trees at Riverside. It's all personal opinion, of course, but I like Riverside more than some of the deluxes.

correcaminos

Are you just talking about the French Quarter? I've never stayed there but could see it being louder.

There are tons of trees at Riverside. It's all personal opinion, of course, but I like Riverside more than some of the deluxes.
Yes FQ. I actually missed that they asked about Riverside (River threw me I guess and didn't realize it was both until just now) and did not remark on that one. POR is a tie for favorite moderate along with CSR depending on my mood. I do like it a lot, but not as much as the others. But for sure a great moderate. I just like balconies more which gives deluxes a small edge. I use them often.

PolynesianPrincess

Only Kidani and DVC villas at Jambo house are open right now for AKL. So if you were wanting to stay in a hotel room versus a villa, the rooms are not available. I would suggest Kidani if you're wanting to give AKL a try. Everything at Jambo House is closed except for the pool so you would need to go over to Kidani anyway for shopping and eating. WE actually stayed in a studio in Jambo in September and it was kind of eerie just how quiet it was without any of the regular rooms being full.

nickys

Premium Member
Only Kidani and DVC villas at Jambo house are open right now for AKL. So if you were wanting to stay in a hotel room versus a villa, the rooms are not available. I would suggest Kidani if you're wanting to give AKL a try. Everything at Jambo House is closed except for the pool so you would need to go over to Kidani anyway for shopping and eating. WE actually stayed in a studio in Jambo in September and it was kind of eerie just how quiet it was without any of the regular rooms being full.
They said in a year or so. By then I would hope AKL will be open. And once it opens and all the activities return then I would recommend AKL in an instant.

CAV

Hello everyone!

I am stuck and have not been able to decide as to what resort to stay at for our next trip to Disney (which won't be for a year or so). A little background is normally when we go, we put in two "break days" and visit Magic Kingdom twice and Animal Kingdom twice and the other two parks once. I'm not sure if that will change with having Star Wars open and us not having been there yet, along with the new stuff at EPCOT. We also normally stay at All Stars Sports because of the cost savings and us being able to use that money in the parks and / or for extra things and during our next trip, we would like to possibly stay at a more centrally located resort, and / or one that we can head back from the parks and be able to actually relax and hang out a little bit. We do go to Disney Springs often throughout the stay which is normally 2 weeks, transportation is not an issue (we do not mind busses).

This trip is almost "no money is an issue" because it would be celebrating our college graduations and a deluxe is not an issue. We are from New England and wanted to try and avoid anything that resembles home (so I think that's Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Boardwalk). I was thinking of the following resorts and just wanted some of your opinions :) (these are in no specific order)

Wilderness Lodge
Polynesian
Port Orleans (River / FQ)
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs

Thank you in advance!
Wilderness Lodge - Great theming. Beautiful resort. Relatively compact. If you like to "play," the Whispering Canyon can be fun. Have to take a bus or boat to the parks.
Polynesian- This is usually our "go to" because of transportation options. Monorail to the MK and the TTC (with monorail access) is a short walk away. But, since the monorail station is closed and Epcot loop monorail is closed, I dont even see the reason to stay there right now.
Port Orleans (River / FQ) - TOTALLY prefer the FQ, not only over RS, but over ALL moderate resorts because of its compact size. No room is more than a 5 minute stroll to the lobby and busses. Plus, there is boat transportation to Disney Springs.
Old Key West - never stayed there.
Saratoga Springs-never stayed there.

I would just like to add, dont dismiss the BW or Y&B. We LOVE them for their close proximity to Epcot (and DHS) you can walk to both - a bonus if you've had a few at epcot at the end of the day. Also, easy access to the Skyliner.

BASS

Of the choices you provided, since you mentioned you want to visit MK 2x, I'd put Poly at #1 and WL at #2. Port Orleans is nice but it's not in the same class as Poly or WL. (I have not stayed at OKW or SS.)

I wouldn't be so quick to discard the Boardwalk resorts though. If you stay at any of them, you are in close walking proximity to various restaurants, a short walk to Epcot, a longer (but doable) walk to Hollywood Studios, and several more things to do than at other hotels.

Buck Wheelie

Wilderness Lodge - WL is very nice especially at Christmas.
Polynesian - Depending when you are going, Poly might be closed. I think its only open for DVC currently.
Port Orleans (River / FQ) - These are very nice moderate resorts. FQ is a small resort and quiet. Bother have the boat service to DS.
Old Key West - OKW is our favorite Disney resort and the only place we stay anymore. Large rooms and has boat to DS or you can walk. Some people say its too big but I like walking so I don't think so. Its quiet and has four pools around the resort. I never found the bus service to be any better or worse than other resorts.
Saratoga Springs - You can stay in the main part or the Tree Houses that are part of SS. It reminds me more of an apartment complex but its nice. Walking distance to DS or you can take the boat across the lake.

aliceismad

Money is no object? Poly bungalow. :)

Of the list, personally I would go with Poly (if renovation is complete) and a split stay with Animal Kingdom Lodge. However, Wilderness doesn't have the appeal to me that it might for others because I've been to the places it's fashioned after multiple times and grew up there.

I would consider one of the Crescent Lake locations before Old Key West (which I'd choose over Saratoga or Port Orleans), but Disney Springs isn't a big plus for me. I like some of the dining there, but not interested in the shopping.

Greenlawler

In order....

1. Polyesian: It's a Disney fan bucket list resort, and if money is not the issue....It's gotta be Poly.
2. Wilderness Lodge: The Lodge is great, but here I think room placement is a big difference maker. I would try an angle for pool view or better.

Boardwalk is our favorite aside from the Poly.

tpoly88

Hello everyone!

I am stuck and have not been able to decide as to what resort to stay at for our next trip to Disney (which won't be for a year or so). A little background is normally when we go, we put in two "break days" and visit Magic Kingdom twice and Animal Kingdom twice and the other two parks once. I'm not sure if that will change with having Star Wars open and us not having been there yet, along with the new stuff at EPCOT. We also normally stay at All Stars Sports because of the cost savings and us being able to use that money in the parks and / or for extra things and during our next trip, we would like to possibly stay at a more centrally located resort, and / or one that we can head back from the parks and be able to actually relax and hang out a little bit. We do go to Disney Springs often throughout the stay which is normally 2 weeks, transportation is not an issue (we do not mind busses).

This trip is almost "no money is an issue" because it would be celebrating our college graduations and a deluxe is not an issue. We are from New England and wanted to try and avoid anything that resembles home (so I think that's Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Boardwalk). I was thinking of the following resorts and just wanted some of your opinions :) (these are in no specific order)

Wilderness Lodge
Polynesian
Port Orleans (River / FQ)
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs

Thank you in advance!
not sure if you'd like to stay in the same room/villa together but the large suite rooms at the Bay Lake tower are great and what views!! friends of our stayed there with their 3 kids and was pretty neat. for a family the villas make sense as they are sometimes less or same money as getting 2 rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom