Uncomfortable going through outside travel agency

jaw62901

With this being my first big trip, is is strange that someone would not feel comfortable going through an outside agaency such as Dreams Unlimited, but comfortable making a reservation directly through Disney.

I guess I just don't want anything to go wrong, and Disney is part of Americana and I guess I just trust them more. I sent an e-mail to DU explaining that they did a great job with my reservation, and that they didn't do anything wrong, but that with this being my first trip, I felt more comfortable going directly through Disney.

I just made the reservation through Disney, was exactly the same set up, and ended up being $54 cheaper.

What do you all think.

Thanks,

Jason

swhite

Travel Agents

Have been to Disney 4times and always went through a Travel Agent my most recent experience would be planning my upcoming trip 12/03 received quote from Disney and 2 other travel agents and both quotes were cheaper , the cheapest deal we received was through AAA so that is who we are booked through I understand with this being your first trip you want everthing to go smoothly but relax and enjoy the magic don't go broke over it :wave:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

we always use a travel agent for our trips (we also used AAA for our trip in Aug.) Ask around...find out who your friends have used. I think this is the best way to feel comfortable with letting others set up your trip. Remember it's your trip. Tell them what you want, but remember to listen, they may have some good ideas. We had one agent try to tell us what we wanted was unrealistic. We went somewhere else, got what we wanted and had a great time.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
We used to use a travel agent (AAA), but a few years ago I started to do the calling myself. Now with the codes, and the knolledge I've learned from here and other Disney fan sites, doing it your self is deffinatly better for us.

The Disney folks can step you through the process as good as AAA can. They have the answers to all the questions I've asked, something AAA doesn't always have. And I don't have to go to the AAA office with its long lines, strange office hours. and higher cost. Yea AAA has the 10% discount, but that can't hold a candle to the Disney codes.

I'm saving money on my trips, so we can now go every year, not like before with AAA it was once every 5 years.

From my experiance with both, Disneys call center is just as helpful as an agent at a travel agency. The value add for a travel agent comes in with things that Disney may not tell you about, and personalization. But I can do without that myself.

The only downside is the call is long distance for me. Why doesn't Disney have an 800 number? :mad:

I think you made a good choice jaw62901 . Have fun!

Upvote 0

celticdog

You have to do what's most comfortable for you and what will allow you to sleep at night. I am a control freak, therefore I handle all the reservations myself. I have in the past called travel agencies to get quotes, but they've always been higher than what i could get myself. If you managed to save money doing it yourself, congratulations. Dealing with Disney directly is so easy and painless, i've have always had good experiences. Just remeber to keep checking WDWMAGIC and Mousesavers for discount code updates. Disney will honor most codes and re-adjust your final balance.

Akira: i use me cell phone for all calls to Disney, I don't get charged long distance, it's the biggest benefit of my cell phone.

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

I must agree with AkiraRaptor, we now can go yearly with the money we save by doing it ourselves. Calling Disney is actually something I look forward to, and 99% of the time I get a CM who is very knowledgeable and helpful. (If I get one who isn't, I will ask a simple question, and then call back!) So, I think doing it yourself is a great idea, and alot of fun. (Just try not to forget anything!) You can also get great airfare by booking online as well. :)

As for an 800# for Disney, the only ones I know of is for Disney Club members, but with the Club ending in December, I wonder if those numbers will disappear too.:(

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Plus jaw62901, now that you have found us here at Wdwmagic, just through out your questions or ask for suggestions, someone here will be more than happy to help you out! :wave:

Upvote 0

crazygirley

I have made reservations through Disney eight times. The people at central reservations are some of the nicest, most helpful, patient, cooperative and welcoming people I have ever had to deal with. They are very willing to take the time to make sure you get just what you want, and sometimes fill you in on some serious savings! I would never waste the time and money for a travel agent when the people at WDW make it such a breeze to make reservtions. I would go with Disney for making reservations.

Upvote 0

Woody13

I echo the sentiments expressed by the previous posters. I have found that most of the time I can make the reservation myself and get all the amenities I want for less money than a travel agent would charge. However, once in a while I have found travel agents that really could get me a better price. So I think it best to keep all your options open and then let the final price decide. Significant discounts on travel and resort accommodations abound now so it's definitely a buyers market.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom