Unable to cancel dining reservations

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
We heard that Dining reservations were being cancelled due to a system error. We are going in two weeks and wanted to cancel a couple of dining reservations due to schedule changes, park times, etc but when we log in and pick the reservation to cancel it says "unable to cancel reservation." :cautious:
Any thoughts?

Hcalvert

I received a Disney $25 gift card out of the blue and with no explanation. I am thinking it is because I booked a reservation that was cancelled during the switchover. Did anyone else get sent one? It came after I received an email about the mistake.

Edit: apparently, I needed to scroll down toward the end of the email to see that they were sending a gift card. I stopped reading once I realized it was cancelled due to a glitch.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

I received a Disney $25 gift card out of the blue and with no explanation. I am thinking it is because I booked a reservation that was cancelled during the switchover. Did anyone else get sent one? It came after I received an email about the mistake.
This was reported on another site.
On Tuesday, November 3, our dining reservation and experience booking system unfortunately experienced an unanticipated technical issue for a short period of time, and while we worked as quickly as possible to resolve this, during that period the system displayed reservation times at locations that were unavailable and fully booked.
To those who were able to snag a dining reservation during this time, if Disney is not able to accommodate the reservation due to limited capacity, they will be automatically canceling the dining reservations that were added during the system glitch. As an apology, Disney is sending out e-gift cards to Guests whose reservations can’t be accommodated.

JIMINYCR

We heard that Dining reservations were being cancelled due to a system error. We are going in two weeks and wanted to cancel a couple of dining reservations due to schedule changes, park times, etc but when we log in and pick the reservation to cancel it says "unable to cancel reservation." :cautious:
Any thoughts?
If it continues to not accept your cancellation online again you can always try the old fashioned way and phone it in. (407) 824-1391

nickys

Premium Member
You should have got an email about the cancellation which told you about the gift card. $25 for every ADR you had cancelled - which is any that was made or modified during the glitch.

Hcalvert

You should have got an email about the cancellation which told you about the gift card. $25 for every ADR you had cancelled - which is any that was made or modified during the glitch.
Shoot, I stopped reading after I read it was a glitch and it was cancelled. They didn't have to send anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom