Ultimate Thread About Br'er Bear's Rump

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
They need to bring back the owl but instead of a projection screen showing the pictures have it be an HDTV. A HDTV with wood paneling so it fits in.

mickEblu

My guess is it went the way of the Tiki Room's Barker Bird; it had served its purpose and was no longer needed. The scene was there to let people know they could buy a photo-- Splash was the first ride at DL with that feature (and at the time the photos were very low-res and grainy!) But once the ride-photo concept became commonplace and everybody knew about it, there was no point in maintaining that scene. I don't miss it much, since it was, after all, basically a commercial tacked on to the end of the ride.

I wonder if they couldn’t get the timing right of having the right picture displayed with the right log?

SuddenStorm

They need to bring back the owl but instead of a projection screen showing the pictures have it be an HDTV. A HDTV with wood paneling so it fits in.

Or instead of the photo, a QR code for that log to scan to instantly link the photo to their account if they have Maxpass.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
Am I the only one bugged by the fact you can see into other scenes at Disneyland's Splash? It just makes me feel like I'm going around in circles

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've never noticed. Too busy looking at the geese and frogs.
You can see the geese (from the back) right after the rope trap, and the back of Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Turtle going down the dip-drop. Also you can see the Beehive Br'er Bear from the Laughing Place. Just the ones off the top of my head

Rich T

Am I the only one bugged by the fact you can see into other scenes at Disneyland's Splash? It just makes me feel like I'm going around in circles
I actually like that effect (when it's an intentional design choice). For me, glimpsing future (or past) show scenes makes the sets feel less claustrophobic and more kinetic. I like how on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride you get a preview of the village square during the country road chase, and on Alice in Wonderland the caterpillar ahead of you swings by on your upper left as you enter Tulgey Wood.

mickEblu

Probably. I don’t see why this is an issue unless you can see backstage areas or some mechanical elements we’re not supposed to.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just thought of this idea. Now that Stitch has closed at WDW, move the chili-dog smell to DL's dip-drop, time it to go off for random logs and place assorted bean cans around the tree Br'er Rabbit hides behind.

Rich T

Just thought of this idea. Now that Stitch has closed at WDW, move the chili-dog smell to DL's dip-drop, time it to go off for random logs and place assorted bean cans around the tree Br'er Rabbit hides behind.
This would permanently cross Splash Mtn. off my to-do list, but I'm sure a future Disney CEO will think it's a fantastic way to "update" the ride for "modern families craving edgier entertainment options." :D And cans of Brer Bear Beans will be sold at the exit.

Rich T

I know this is a bit off-topic since it's about Brer Bear's other end, but the "wanted" poster of Brer Bear in the queue at WDW's Splash Mtn. is one of my all-time favorite Disney ride details. Anywhere.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know this is a bit off-topic since it's about Brer Bear's other end, but the "wanted" poster of Brer Bear in the queue at WDW's Splash Mtn. is one of my all-time favorite Disney ride details. Anywhere.
I love those too! I do like the older ones, bottom of this post.
Brer-bear-wanted-sign-splash-mountain-magic-kingdom-walt-disney-world.jpg
Splash Wanted Posters.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom