Ultimate Shillwatch Thread

SuddenStorm

Well, it was because I was banned from these very forums (which I have mentioned numerous times), hence why I was not able to post here. But...I guess now I can?

Now I know the last time I posted here, I admit, I was very rude. But I promise this time around, I'll behave myself.

Our leader has come home o_O:angelic:

77ed93d4eb29b621af1891b6f769c821fc071072_hq.gif

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Things from the last four years I consider neutral or positive changes:

1. Tropical Hideaway. Better than the Oasis.
  2. Rivers of America additions
  3. The Primeval World/Grand Canyon enhancements
  4. The new look of the Fantasmic stage (boat, paint job)
  5. The new Main Street Cinema facade
  6. The brickwork for the Main Street tracks
  7. The Dumbo shaded queue
  8. The Space Mountain Starcade queue
  9. Big Thunder trail
  10. Hatbox Ghost

Last edited:

mickEblu

I’ll join in.

1. ROA rock work/Big Thunder Trail
  2. 60th Anniversary entertainment in Disneyland
  3. WoC Winter Dreams
  4. Main Street bricks
  5. New Christmas tree last year
  6. Bringing new life to DTD
  7. Halloween decorations at Cars Land
  8. Queue enhancements to Dumbo, IASW
  9. Grizzly Peak
  10. Pirates caves upgrades

Oh shoot. Forgot about the IASW Q enhancement.
I’ll join in.

1. ROA rock work/Big Thunder Trail
  2. 60th Anniversary entertainment in Disneyland
  3. WoC Winter Dreams
  4. Main Street bricks
  5. New Christmas tree last year
  6. Bringing new life to DTD
  7. Halloween decorations at Cars Land
  8. Queue enhancements to Dumbo, IASW
  9. Grizzly Peak
  10. Pirates caves upgrades

Oh shoot. I forgot about the IASW Q enhancements. I’ll have to add that to my list

Phroobar

10. The fact that after nearly 64 years in existence, Disneyland has remained a place that anyone can visit and forget about the problems in their daily life. It's a place where anyone can feel like a child again, and you can be immersed in timeless lands. It's mind blowing that Walt's experiment never fell apart and turned into another generic amusement park, and eleven other gates have opened around the world continuing the tradition he started.
I guess that means, based on Disneyland crowd levels, there are a lot of people that are looking to escape their problems for a day. Does that mean Disneyland is a bar?

Stevek

Anyway, here's the short version of the 10 things I hate about Disney theme parks:

1. "Let It Go" and "Friend Like Me" being in almost every firework show
  2. Space Mountain at Disneyland being in bad shape (hopefully, the refurbishment rectifies this).
  3. Disney permanently closing Muppet-Vision 3D at DCA (and potentially DHS)
  4. Replacing Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular with Frozen
  5. Disney not reshowing Disneyland Forever after the 60th Anniversary
  6. Jack-Jack on a stick on the Incredicoaster
  7. The Walt Disney World monorails and their constant mechanical problems
  8. No shade in Toy Story Land
  9. Barely rethemeing the Fastpass machines and exit hallways of Mission: Breakout
  10. Food festivals in DCA. The food is overpriced, the portion sizes are too small, and because of the booths, they can't do any parades (such as my all-time favorite parade Paint the Night).
BONUS: The live-action Aladdin movie isn't looking too great.
I don't really "hate" anything about Disney theme parks since they removed Superstar Limo. I would agree with many your points above with these exceptions:
No issues closing Muppets. It's popularity was very limited at DCA. They should have either refreshed the show and kept the Muppets or put something new in there beyond movie previews. I just don't think the Muppets have become linked to Disney by the general public like the Pixar properties have.
Aladdin had run it's course, was time for something new. Whether that should have been a Frozen show or not is debatable but I believe it's still very popular.
Disneyland Forever wasn't my favorite but should have stayed vs what we have now. I would prefer something as grand as Remember, utilize projections but don't try to be hip (Mickey's Mix). It should be grand and memorable for the right reasons.
Have limited issues with the food festivals though I would manage how often they happen. The more successful they become, the more likely we will have more (hello Epcot)
The only thing I really noticed about SM was the blue pre-launch tunnel lights. Beyond that, no significant issues to my eyes.

Last edited:
Is this because you just don't like Frozen or because you find the show to be lackluster in comparison to Aladdin?

I actually love Frozen and think the musical show is good...but Aladdin had the edge with the Genie and him being able to improvise his dialogue. While I made it a point to check the show out once every few months, with Frozen, I saw it once and I’m not in a big hurry to see it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom