Ultimate Nickelodeon Universe (Open Brainstorming)

FireMountain

Original Poster

Ah, Nickelodeon. The first network for kids, a network that has had an effect on many, with its iconic programming; animated and live action.

Nickelodeon currently has 1 indoor theme theme park called Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America in Minnesota, with another set to open in New Jersey in 2019.

My goal is to create an ultimate Nickelodeon Universe indoor theme park in Texas, celebrating Nickelodeon's original programming; past, present, and future. I want this to be on the scale of the upcoming Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi. As well as a hotel and indoor water park.

Anyone can come in and post their own ideas for an attraction.

Without further ado, lets get started!

Nick_90S_Big.png

FireMountain

Original Poster
Neat idea. I've been thinking of a tot style ride based off of wayside school recently. Even though my idea was based more off the books, there was a cartoon that played on nick based very loosely off of them.
513fIbCZgOL._SX342_.jpg
Maybe, no idea is a bad idea.

List of Nick IPs I see potential in:

Spongebob Squarepants
The Loud House
Ninja Turtles
Henry Danger
Double Dare
Any Nick Jr. show
Rugrats
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life
CatDog
Fairly Oddparents
Invader Zim
Jimmy Neutron
My Life As A Teenage Robot
Danny Phantom
Drake and Josh
iCarly
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Legends of the Hidden Temple

Overall, I say we could have a great lineup here.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

Maybe, no idea is a bad idea.

List of Nick IPs I see potential in:

Spongebob Squarepants
The Loud House
Ninja Turtles
Henry Danger
Double Dare
Any Nick Jr. show
Rugrats
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life
CatDog
Fairly Oddparents
Invader Zim
Jimmy Neutron
My Life As A Teenage Robot
Danny Phantom
Drake and Josh
iCarly
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Legends of the Hidden Temple

Overall, I say we could have a great lineup here.
The fact that there were a lot of nick theme park attractions could help a lot. Try looking up some to help brain storming. There's some interesting one's out there.
My favorites were:
Spongebob 3D, the original version, I grew up with this one.
Jimmy Neutron's nicktoon blast
the rock bottom roller coaster
and of course Nick studios Florida

FireMountain

Original Poster
The fact that there were a lot of nick theme park attractions could help a lot. Try looking up some to help brain storming. There's some interesting one's out there.
My favorites were:
Spongebob 3D, the original version, I grew up with this one.
Jimmy Neutron's nicktoon blast
the rock bottom roller coaster
and of course Nick studios Florida
All those could make their way into this in an updated fashion. But I want to focus on new attractions. Do you know anyone that is good with brainstorming?

DisneyFan18

This sounds fun, and has a lot of potential! Using both Avatar Series would be a good idea, they are so great, probably my favorite animated tv series, maybe it’s tied with Young Justice, closely followed by The Clone Wars and Voltron! The mythology of Avatar is so big and rich, that I can definitely see some incredible attractions that with the right direction could rival Disney without problem, it could be another HP land based on it’s extremely big fandom! And Danny Phantom also has the potential for some rides! As well as Spongebob and Fairy OddParents! Can’t wait to see how this unravels! Overall, this sounds very promising! #Hyped

FireMountain

Original Poster
This sounds fun, and has a lot of potential! Using both Avatar Series would be a good idea, they are so great, probably my favorite animated tv series, maybe it’s tied with Young Justice, closely followed by The Clone Wars and Voltron! The mythology of Avatar is so big and rich, that I can definitely see some incredible attractions that with the right direction could rival Disney without problem, it could be another HP land based on it’s extremely big fandom! And Danny Phantom also has the potential for some rides! As well as Spongebob and Fairy OddParents! Can’t wait to see how this unravels! Overall, this sounds very promising! #Hyped
Great ideas!

Okay, if we want to do this, we need lands. Here are some land ideas I had in mind;

Bikini Bottom
Nick Jr. Land
Live-Action Land
Avatar Land (needs a better name)

Anyone have any other ideas?

DisneyFan18

Great ideas!

Okay, if we want to do this, we need lands. Here are some land ideas I had in mind;

Bikini Bottom
Nick Jr. Land
Live-Action Land
Avatar Land (needs a better name)

Anyone have any other ideas?
The Avatar Land Maybe can be divided into two? You may have the Fire Kingdom for The Last Airbender. And Republic City for Korra. I think that the Korra attractions could take place in Book 3 as the Red Lotus were pretty interesting villains. And Aang’s attraction could be centered around the final battle, that’s probably one of the best moments in the entire series! :D

Another Land could be Fairy World for Fairy OddParents, it can have a dark Ride and mostly flat rides. And Ghost Zone for Danny Phatom, which could have some sort of Haunted Mansion inspired Ride?

FireMountain

Original Poster
The Avatar Land Maybe can be divided into two? You may have the Fire Kingdom for The Last Airbender. And Republic City for Korra. I think that the Korra attractions could take place in Book 3 as the Red Lotus were pretty interesting villains. And Aang’s attraction could be centered around the final battle, that’s probably one of the best moments in the entire series! :D

Another Land could be Fairy World for Fairy OddParents, it can have a dark Ride and mostly flat rides. And Ghost Zone for Danny Phatom, which could have some sort of Haunted Mansion inspired Ride?
We can have 2 Avatar lands.

Fairy World would be a neat area.

Ghost Zone, however, I don't think has much potential. I think we should put Danny Phantom in a "Sci-Fi" area of sorts, along with Invader Zim and My Life As A Teenage Robot.

Evilgidgit

Did someone say "Nickelodeon indoor theme park"!?

I have my own idea for an Avatar land, or at least a potential part of one.

Air Temple of the Avatar (or Avatar Air Temple)
As a part of Avatar Land, the Air Temple would be an ancient home of the extinct Air Nomads, but has since been restored by the Air Acolytes (so it is based circa The Legend of Korra). Thematically, it could be incorporated with Air Temple Island in Republic City. I could imagine there being a huge statue of Aang, though that would probably go against the non-narcissistic way of the Air Nomads. This sort of environment would allow for an immersive world, with the cast members dressed as Air Acolytes, or merchants from around the Four Nations (like the Cabbage Merchant).
The temple would be fully explorable, with several walkthroughs that go up and around the various buildings, towers, and hidden chambers.

Attractions wise, I can imagine the Air Gliders ride from Movie Park Germany could be incorporated. It's basically Astro Orbitor but with Airbender gliders instead of rockets. The second attraction would be a dark ride/simulator on the same level of Shangahi Disneyland's Pirates ride. Sky Bison Spirit Journey (I am hopeless with catchy ride names XD) would take guests through the Air Temple and then through a portal into the spirit world, encountering various spirits and monsters like Koh the Face Stealer, Raava and Vaatu, great dragons, volcanic explosions which are actually the awakening of phoenixes, the Fog of Lost Souls, and even meetings with Uncle Iroh and maybe even Aang's spirit.

Another attraction I imagine is some sort of interactive, physical experience where guests get to learn the ways of airbending, using physical props and special effects to create the illusions, and even bits where they can defy gravity by stepping into areas with huge wind fans in the floors and walls (if you get what I mean). Meet and greets could include characters from both Avatar and Korra.

Other Ideas!
-A Rugrats dark ride taking inspiration from that Baby Herman ride that never surfaced.
-The Wild Thornberrys version of The Jungle Cruise.
-A spooky indoor show based on Are You Afraid Of the Dark?

FireMountain

Original Poster
Did someone say "Nickelodeon indoor theme park"!?

I have my own idea for an Avatar land, or at least a potential part of one.

Air Temple of the Avatar (or Avatar Air Temple)
As a part of Avatar Land, the Air Temple would be an ancient home of the extinct Air Nomads, but has since been restored by the Air Acolytes (so it is based circa The Legend of Korra). Thematically, it could be incorporated with Air Temple Island in Republic City. I could imagine there being a huge statue of Aang, though that would probably go against the non-narcissistic way of the Air Nomads. This sort of environment would allow for an immersive world, with the cast members dressed as Air Acolytes, or merchants from around the Four Nations (like the Cabbage Merchant).
The temple would be fully explorable, with several walkthroughs that go up and around the various buildings, towers, and hidden chambers.

Attractions wise, I can imagine the Air Gliders ride from Movie Park Germany could be incorporated. It's basically Astro Orbitor but with Airbender gliders instead of rockets. The second attraction would be a dark ride/simulator on the same level of Shangahi Disneyland's Pirates ride. Sky Bison Spirit Journey (I am hopeless with catchy ride names XD) would take guests through the Air Temple and then through a portal into the spirit world, encountering various spirits and monsters like Koh the Face Stealer, Raava and Vaatu, great dragons, volcanic explosions which are actually the awakening of phoenixes, the Fog of Lost Souls, and even meetings with Uncle Iroh and maybe even Aang's spirit.

Another attraction I imagine is some sort of interactive, physical experience where guests get to learn the ways of airbending, using physical props and special effects to create the illusions, and even bits where they can defy gravity by stepping into areas with huge wind fans in the floors and walls (if you get what I mean). Meet and greets could include characters from both Avatar and Korra.

Other Ideas!
-A Rugrats dark ride taking inspiration from that Baby Herman ride that never surfaced.
-The Wild Thornberrys version of The Jungle Cruise.
-A spooky indoor show based on Are You Afraid Of the Dark?

We can use those ideas, I think they're great!

However I think Are You Afraid of the Dark would work better as a walk-through haunted house.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom