UK people......booking planes

emma c

Hello

We are hoping to go back 2020, having been twice before we have always booked though agent (Virgin & Thompson) however this time debating booking disney myself and then the flights. Have never booked flights my self just looking bit of advice and help??? Is this cheaper way or do u prefer using a agent?

Thanks!!!

NickPytlinski

Hello

We are hoping to go back 2020, having been twice before we have always booked though agent (Virgin & Thompson) however this time debating booking disney myself and then the flights. Have never booked flights my self just looking bit of advice and help??? Is this cheaper way or do u prefer using a agent?

Thanks!!!

hi emma.

yes, we will be doing the same in 2020, we have done it before.
we got married jan 18 and there was 20 of us that did it this way.
The problem you have is waiting for the flights to be released, we used sky scanner alot and found this was the best way to get cheapest flights. literally you put your dates and where you want to fly from and it gives you a ton of operators using the same flights but some are alot cheaper than others for the same flight.
You get a choice of operators depending on flight day and airport. For instance, it could be a 'virgin' flight but operated by an american airline but its the same flight which you pay virgin a premium for.
We totalled up mine and wifes previous holidays and found booking through virgin cost us an extra £1200 pounds, than what it would have doing it ourselves. Same hotel, same package, same flight.
We used UBER and disney buses whilst there.

but deffo do it yourself, its so easy. any questions give me a shout and i'll help as much as i can.

oh, and have a magical time!

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No
Last year we booked the hotel and tickets through Disney, then waited for the flights to drop and booked them separately. Setting up alerts on Skyscanner and Google Flights saved us quite a bit last year, so we're doing it the same way for our honeymoon this October.

Upvote 0

UKDisney Dave

Defo cheaper to do it yourself, but don’t forget when you go independent you do loose some of the protection you get by booking a package deal if something goes wrong. If your traveling in hurricane season that maybe something to consider.

Holiday insurance may cover you financially, but won’t always give you practical help on the ground.

Upvote 0

Andrew Appleby

Defo cheaper to do it yourself, but don’t forget when you go independent you do loose some of the protection you get by booking a package deal if something goes wrong. If your traveling in hurricane season that maybe something to consider.

Holiday insurance may cover you financially, but won’t always give you practical help on the ground.

This!

We're also looking at returning to the world in 2020 having been there last year and have considered doing the exact same thing having booked with Virgin last time but I think we're going to stick with doing a package again. As we're going as a family of 4 (2 adults and kids aged 6 and 7) I just like having the protection it offers plus there are some nice little perks along the way.

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! Really cant decide what to do tbh!!! Like u say i like the protection of booking with a travel agent however i keep thinking if book myself will save money and could do upgraded eating plan (different argument with hubby) and stil save money!!!! Just worried to death will get to airport and they will go sorry never heard of u!!!!!

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No
Thanks everyone! Really cant decide what to do tbh!!! Like u say i like the protection of booking with a travel agent however i keep thinking if book myself will save money and could do upgraded eating plan (different argument with hubby) and stil save money!!!! Just worried to death will get to airport and they will go sorry never heard of u!!!!!

I'm not sure why'd you worry about that. You'd have your boarding passes either printed out or on your phone once you've checked in online, and you can also print them at the airport kiosks if needs be. You can log into the airline website/app and check your booking as many times as you like to make sure all is okay!

Upvote 0

DreamalittleDisney

Heya I've done both.. if you are booking way in advance and need to know your total at point of booking go travel agent. Tbh I did mine 18month+ with virgin yes flight times changed a little but price wasn't too bad.

Next time I think I'll book separate myself again as had a few little hiccups with getting things synced with Disney due to booking via a third party compared to when direct.

Tbh will come down to price everytime with me and I'm willing to see how low they'll go and then make the decision.

Upvote 0

The Mighty Tim

We usually book the hotel and tickets through Disney Holidays UK well in advance of the flights being released (flights schedules being released usually about 11 months in advance). Then we book the flights separately.

Booking the flights directly through the BA website was cheaper than booking it through WDW UK.

If you do book the holiday and flights separately and wish to use the Magical Express, then all you need to do is contact WDW UK and let them know.

I've done it this way for my past three trips and have had absolutely no issues.

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
I'm not sure why'd you worry about that. You'd have your boarding passes either printed out or on your phone once you've checked in online, and you can also print them at the airport kiosks if needs be. You can log into the airline website/app and check your booking as many times as you like to make sure all is okay!
Honestly stresses me out!!! U know when u just keep playing in ya head all bad things that can wrong either though u know its all fine???

Upvote 0

NickPytlinski

Honestly stresses me out!!! U know when u just keep playing in ya head all bad things that can wrong either though u know its all fine???

what time of year were you thinking of going?
the one thing i will say, when we booked seperatly to go. end of jan 18. the flights changed quite a lot. virgin cancelled and changed the 'date' of our flight twice, so we switched airline to british airways and it was fine then. im guessing this was because of time of year. you cant go wrong through the summer months though on a Friday or sat, they wont change much.
either way. would still book myself. virgin cause more hassle with the my experience app due to them not giving our details correctly. however the service is always good. the V room at Manchester airport is great

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
what time of year were you thinking of going?
the one thing i will say, when we booked seperatly to go. end of jan 18. the flights changed quite a lot. virgin cancelled and changed the 'date' of our flight twice, so we switched airline to british airways and it was fine then. im guessing this was because of time of year. you cant go wrong through the summer months though on a Friday or sat, they wont change much.
either way. would still book myself. virgin cause more hassle with the my experience app due to them not giving our details correctly. however the service is always good. the V room at Manchester airport is great
We will be going may time around the half term week and flying from gatwick. We booked with virgin last time and yes we loved the service on the plane and the vroom was great as well. Would love to try the tui dreamliner planes but they dont fly to orlando, least if we flew into orlando i know we are covered with ME for transfers.

Upvote 0

NickPytlinski

We will be going may time around the half term week and flying from gatwick. We booked with virgin last time and yes we loved the service on the plane and the vroom was great as well. Would love to try the tui dreamliner planes but they dont fly to orlando, least if we flew into orlando i know we are covered with ME for transfers.

yeah should be spot on around that time.

Upvote 0

Oh bother!

I priced up booking separately for our last trip and found that it made little difference to me, espeically as we were able to use Tesco clubcard points and virgin flying club rewards to take money off the holiday.
I do also know people that saved a lot booking separately so I think it really depends on your dates, number in your party and the package you want.

Upvote 0

emma c

Original Poster
So......not to be too personal but dies anyone know roughly how much a return adult flight owuld be in may time??? Last time we went i managed to play tui and virign off against each other and got 10 nights at CS for 4000 ?

Upvote 0

NickPytlinski

So......not to be too personal but dies anyone know roughly how much a return adult flight owuld be in may time??? Last time we went i managed to play tui and virign off against each other and got 10 nights at CS for 4000 ?
from gatwick, at a guess between 400/500 pounds probably, may get it cheaper on a good day on sky scanner

Upvote 0

NickPytlinski

Rrr brill so unless dinsey can quote me under £2500 might as well use a travel agent then

im pretty sure if your stopping at disney, flights and tickets etc it will be more expensive via travel agent. but its all good. Have a great trip and enjoy! say hello to mickey for us

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom