UK Pavilion - Queen Elizabeth

Lilofan

Yeah, I expected something. Yes, I know ow Disney stay away from that sort of thing but it's a pretty big death and a situation that will never happen again.
Not surprising no rememberance of Her Majesty at the happiest place on earth. Nothing I recall on Princess Diana’s sudden passing also. When Diana and her boys vacationed at WDW and stayed at the Grand Floridian that got media coverage back in the day.

Communicora

Premium Member
The Keys to the Kingdom tour for one.

The flags down Main Street have 45 stars on them. When Walt lived in Marcelino, Thee were only 45 states, and that flag was the official flag of the USA. But these are not subject to the rules, since there is only one official flag at a time.

The flags at the entrances to each park are the 50 star current official flag. Hence they are lowered each night.

Now Disney could be feeding its guests hogwash for all I know. But that’s what I learned when I did the tour.
Here's a good thread on it

I've heard they say a lot of things that are not necessarily accurate, but I'd still like to take that tour one day.

JIMINYCR

Understood, but if there is a body hanging in the HM, the least they could’ve done is to hang the same picture that Steve has at the top of the page…fitting and at the same time, subdued…a nice fitting tribute
The “body” hanging in the HM is a prop, not a real person. It’s being used to theme the HM so it is completely different. No one entering the attraction is relating the prop as a real person. But in my first post I said they should do something and it was proper to do so. I just reasoned why Dis has not been eager to do things for guests to focus on deaths.

JIMINYCR

The flags at Disney aren't magic, nor are they in a bubble. Disney is required to follow protocol and flag codes when the US flag is decreed to be lowered to half-staff.
The post was regarding the UK flag not the Stars and Stripes. Yes Disney will follow govt protocol but this wasn’t what I was responding to.

Smiley/OCD

The “body” hanging in the HM is a prop, not a real person. It’s being used to theme the HM so it is completely different. No one entering the attraction is relating the prop as a real person. But in my first post I said they should do something and it was proper to do so. I just reasoned why Dis has not been eager to do things for guests to focus on deaths.
Yes, of course I understand that the figure in HM is a prop…I am making the point that if Disney was so insistent on not portraying death at WDW, surly with the negative press it has gotten here, one would think that would have been removed.

JIMINYCR

Yes, of course I understand that the figure in HM is a prop…I am making the point that if Disney was so insistent on not portraying death at WDW, surly with the negative press it has gotten here, one would think that would have been removed.
There are many who are saying the suicide portrayed in HM is hurtful to those who have lost loved ones. I can see their point but the people who want to see the body scene go away don’t have the vocal numbers to push Disney to act. If they protested and did what the Splash detractors did with the same numbers maybe Disney would be pressured to change the scene.

Thepuma

Not surprising no rememberance of Her Majesty at the happiest place on earth. Nothing I recall on Princess Diana’s sudden passing also. When Diana and her boys vacationed at WDW and stayed at the Grand Floridian that got media coverage back in the day.
With all due respect, you cannot compare the passing of a princess who married into the royal family with the Queen who had given 70 years service.

Ayla

The Keys to the Kingdom tour for one.

The flags down Main Street have 45 stars on them. When Walt lived in Marcelino, There were only 45 states, and that flag was the official flag of the USA. But these are not subject to the rules, since there is only one official flag at a time.

The flags at the entrances to each park are the 50 star current official flag. Hence they are lowered each night.

Now Disney could be feeding its guests hogwash for all I know. But that’s what I learned when I did the tour.
The point is there is not only one official US flag in the entirety of WDW as the quoted poster claimed.

Lilofan

With all due respect, you cannot compare the passing of a princess who married into the royal family with the Queen who had given 70 years service.
True but nothing except a makeshift memorial by a few guests, but Diana and her boys had a great time at MK and staying at the Grand Floridian . The boys did not know what waffles were and Prince William rode Space Mountain so many times his bodyguard riding with him had to go to the bathroom to lose his lunch.

Last edited:

DCLcruiser

She was born into the royal family. Diana is related to Charles and The Queen, via King James I, and others before. I understand she was not the Sovereign, so did not impact political forces around the world, but she was influential to millions if not billions of people.

I don't expect WDW to make a big show of it, but there are ways to acknowledge it to the keen observer, which would not put a damper on the typical guest's experience.

JohnD

Original Poster
There is only 1 real US flag in WDW and that's in the square on Main Street. That's the only flag that should be required to follow protocol.
Actually in MK, not WDW. The other flags along MS aren’t official US flags. Probably missing a stripe or two. The only official flag is the one in the Main Street hub.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom