UK Pavilion - Queen Elizabeth

JohnD

Original Poster
Found in a FB group I’m in. If Disney can’t do it, leave it to the guests.
848D86D5-4408-4300-B281-BAB921D4C8F7.jpeg

1E095BAE-440C-46A6-AE3D-2A33FB20268D.jpeg

Ayla

Disney runs the countries pavilions, what is allowed and what is not, not the nation. Disney has always been hesitant to address death. They don’t want to have morbid things to filter into any aspect of WDW. Even Big Red was removed because of this.
The flags at Disney aren't magic, nor are they in a bubble. Disney is required to follow protocol and flag codes when the US flag is decreed to be lowered to half-staff.

Mickey5150

The flags at Disney aren't magic, nor are they in a bubble. Disney is required to follow protocol and flag codes when the US flag is decreed to be lowered to half-staff.
There is only 1 real US flag in WDW and that's in the square on Main Street. That's the only flag that should be required to follow protocol.

Thepuma

Except you are in World Showcase. One would expect the representing nation to do something.

Yeah, I expected something. Yes, I know ow Disney stay away from that sort of thing but it's a pretty big death and a situation that will never happen again.

Thepuma

In the past they have done subtle nods to acknowledge somber current events. When the 2015 Paris attacks occured, they lit the Eiffel Tower in red, white, and blue. The night of Pulse, the lighting on the American Adventure was dimmed. There is no reason they couldn't do something similar for the passing of her Majesty.
Yep, I'm very disappointed that 'something' couldn't be done. This is not any old queen/king...this is someone who has dedicated 70 years to their country and led the way around the world. Someone of the likes the world will NEVER see again and someone who should be acknowledged.

I'm not expecting the whole park to come to a standstill, but come on, I'm sure a projection of the union jack somewhere in the UK area of Epcot wouldn't be too hard for Disney to sort.

Maybe we arent as close as nations as we think.

Last edited:

JohnD

Original Poster
Yeah, I expected something. Yes, I know ow Disney stay away from that sort of thing but it's a pretty big death and a situation that will never happen again.
Exactly. You’re in the UK Pavilion. The least they could do is honour (yes UK spelling), Her Majesty the Queen. I’m not there so wouldn’t know. Maybe they did.

JoeCamel

There is only 1 real US flag in WDW and that's in the square on Main Street. That's the only flag that should be required to follow protocol.
No

nickys

Premium Member
😂 Who in the world fed you that hogwash?
The Keys to the Kingdom tour for one.

The flags down Main Street have 45 stars on them. When Walt lived in Marcelino, There were only 45 states, and that flag was the official flag of the USA. But these are not subject to the rules, since there is only one official flag at a time.

The flags at the entrances to each park are the 50 star current official flag. Hence they are lowered each night.

Now Disney could be feeding its guests hogwash for all I know. But that’s what I learned when I did the tour.

Last edited:

Lilofan

In the past they have done subtle nods to acknowledge somber current events. When the 2015 Paris attacks occured, they lit the Eiffel Tower in red, white, and blue. The night of Pulse, the lighting on the American Adventure was dimmed. There is no reason they couldn't do something similar for the passing of her Majesty.
Cast members had makeshift memorials to remember one of their own who was killed at the Orlando Pulse nightclub in 2016.

Mickey5150

No
OK sorry, there is 1 official flag at each park, the rest as your article states do not need to follow flag protocol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom