Ugggggghhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpcotServo

Well what do ya know?? As suspected, it WAS an embellishment.

Almost like saying you don't talk like a soulless demented captor of Children's Dreams who stalks the underworld only at night and feeds off the hope of others at all, I'm sure that statement is quite the embellishment.

:lol:

The Internet: Serious Business

The moral of the story is, if you see somebody wearing official-looking accessories on their person, and contact is mistakenly is made with this person, and it looks like there are large rolled-up blueprints or diagrams inside an official-looking carrying bag—do not share your experience with others because how can you be so sure of what the plans were actually describing? Or who the person was?

And whatever you do, don't be good natured about it...that's just plain Devil-work right there...
:snore:

SirNim

This is an embellishment:

I was driving to Wal-Mart today and saw a large bird creature swoop out of the sky. It was a pterodactyl with a purple beak and a large tattoo of a clenched fist on its flank. It was so large that it completely picked up the car I was in and carried it into the nearby bay, into which I was dropped. The car then floated along until it smashed into a lighthouse, which immediately turned into a volcano and began spewing ash and lava across the United States.

agent86

This is an embellishment:

I was driving to Wal-Mart today and saw a large bird creature swoop out of the sky. It was a pterodactyl with a purple beak and a large tattoo of a clenched fist on its flank. It was so large that it completely picked up the car I was in and carried it into the nearby bay, into which I was dropped. The car then floated along until it smashed into a lighthouse, which immediately turned into a volcano and began spewing ash and lava across the United States.

Actually, that sounds more like a joke that no one is expected to seriously believe... unlike the OPs story, which she clearly posted to impress everyone and allowed everyone to continue believing. And sadly, I think a lot of people did. Before she owned up to it, no one was even remotely suggesting that she was probably just joking or "taking artistic license". It wasn't until after she admitted it was a lie, that everyone was saying, "Oh, of course it was obvious that she was kidding." :hammer:

Wilt Dasney

Before she owned up to it, no one was even remotely suggesting that she was probably just joking or "taking artistic license".
Nobody cared. Everybody was having fun playing with the idea of "catching" an Imagineer with secret plans. The veracity of the original story was, and remains, irrelevant.

Despite your certainly noble and well-intended efforts to cross-examine the OP over what was in the bag, I think you're probably the only one who gives a damn.

agent86

Nobody cared. Everybody was having fun playing with the idea of "catching" an Imagineer with secret plans. The veracity of the original story was, and remains, irrelevant.

Despite your certainly noble and well-intended efforts to cross-examine the OP over what was in the bag, I think you're probably the only one who gives a damn.

3 pages and 44 posts say you're wrong. :lol:

Wilt Dasney

3 pages and 44 posts say you're wrong. :lol:
I'd wager a good third of those are from people suggesting you call off the Inquisition and extract the crowbar from your nether regions. Seems to support my hypothesis pretty well, in my estimation. :animwink:

agent86

I'd wager a good third of those are from people suggesting you call off the Inquisition and extract the crowbar from your nether regions. Seems to support my hypothesis pretty well, in my estimation. :animwink:

How does a "wager" "support a hypothesis"?? :veryconfu PROOF supports a hypothesis. That's like saying "My opinion supports... my opinion". You weren't the captain of the debate team were ya? :hammer:

Wilt Dasney

How does a "wager" "support a hypothesis"?? :veryconfu PROOF supports a hypothesis. That's like saying "My opinion supports... my opinion". You weren't the captain of the debate team were ya? :hammer:
My apologies, counselor. If you'd like the exact figure of how many posts in this thread are by people telling you to lighten up, feel free to tally them up yourself and see how close I was. :)

As my original point — that this was a perfectly pleasant discussion with zero concern about the details of the original story until you came along deciding to play Matlock — remains unaddressed in any serious manner, I'm guessing that further replies from you will be attempts to veer into tangential semantic ing matches, much like the above example. You'll forgive me if I take a pass, I hope.

agent86

My apologies, counselor. If you'd like the exact figure of how many posts in this thread are by people telling you to lighten up, feel free to tally them up yourself and see how close I was. :)

As my original point — that this was a perfectly pleasant discussion with zero concern about the details of the original story until you came along deciding to play Matlock — remains unaddressed in any serious manner, I'm guessing that further replies from you will be attempts to veer into tangential semantic ing matches, much like the above example. You'll forgive me if I take a pass, I hope.

Hey, no one is forcing you to read (much less reply to) my posts. That's you're doing, not mine (so don't blame me for any so-called "ing matches"). You claim to not "give a damn", but clearly you do, otherwise you wouldn't be insisting upon engaging me in conversation.

This is a discussion board, and that's what I'm here to do... have a discussion. I didn't believe the OP's story and I got her to admit that she had made up a rather significant part of the story. My guess is that a lot of people are embarassed for having believed her and they want to pretend now that they "knew all along she was kidding". The thing is, she never said she was kidding. She admitted that she stated something that wasn't true. There's a difference.

TP2000

I once spotted a small group of Imagineers in WDI logo shirts and some important looking suited managers talking in a small group at Disneyland. They were standing in New Orleans Square pointing at Tom Sawyer Island. I played coy and pretended to be fiddling with my camera as I stood close by eavesdropping on their super-secret mystery plans for Disneyland.

And you know what the secret plans were they were talking about?..... data communication lines running underwater to Tom Sawyer Island for automated time clocks so the CM's driving the rafts could clock in and out for lunch on the island. DOH! :rolleyes:

Not every set of blueprints carried by someone in a WDI hardhat is the top secret plans for the latest E Ticket mystery attraction. A lot of those plans are just the plumbing routes for new urinals in the mens room. :lol:

MousDad

I didn't believe the OP's story and I got her to admit that she had made up a rather significant part of the story. My guess is that a lot of people are embarassed for having believed her and they want to pretend now that they "knew all along she was kidding". The thing is, she never said she was kidding. She admitted that she stated something that wasn't true. There's a difference.

Would you please turn some of your supersonic, broadband defying, truth-detecting mental powers to some of jt04's posts?

figmentisgreat

OP - sounds like a great story - the plans might very well have been for SM... I'm not criticizing. Try some football lessons or something to improve your tackle :) I want some insider knowledge about SM!!!!!

86 - stop being so incredibly rude. You are ripping apart a person that you don't even know online! Would you say that to her if you saw her face to face, or is your arrogance a false bravado brought about by sitting behind a computer?

And yes, I would say that all directly to your face 86 because I have NO problem calling people out on being exceptionally rude.

macsmom

Gosh, I sure hope you weren't hurt! :rolleyes:

danna

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

OP - I thought your post was great. Apparently so did the majority of us here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom