Uber or Lyft at Disneyland and Maxpass questions.

beachlover4444

Original Poster
We are coming for our first trip and I am wondering how easy it is to get an uber or lyft at the end of the evening? And where do we catch it? The website says near the busses or by downtown disney? Is harbor blvd and katella area safe to walk at midnight after the park closes? We're staying at the Hilton. Also any advice on what ride you would try to maxpass first at DCA or DL? What is the average amount of times you've been able to use maxpass for in a single day. We're there Wed-Sat. Can you tell I am completely excited about this trip. I am a WDW regular for 30 years and so excited to finally make the trek west to see Walts original magic kingdom.

blocker.shane

We are coming for our first trip and I am wondering how easy it is to get an uber or lyft at the end of the evening? And where do we catch it? The website says near the busses or by downtown disney? Is harbor blvd and katella area safe to walk at midnight after the park closes? We're staying at the Hilton. Also any advice on what ride you would try to maxpass first at DCA or DL? What is the average amount of times you've been able to use maxpass for in a single day. We're there Wed-Sat. Can you tell I am completely excited about this trip. I am a WDW regular for 30 years and so excited to finally make the trek west to see Walts original magic kingdom.
It is completely safe to walk around after closing. You will not be the only ones. I feel safe with my young family to walk to our hotels which are usually on Katella or ball. The uber/lyft pickup is on the east side right off of harbour. We have started to use the ART system and its awesome at only 6 bucks a day.

We use max pass 3-5 times per day. There are a couple of rides that are always crazy that we seek to get a pass to right away. Radiator Spring, Soarin, and toy story in DCA and Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Matterhorn and Indiana Jones. The key to getting all the rides is be there early and you can pretty much walk on to everything during the week. It's also nice to have the photo pass option with Max pass. We haven't had to worry about getting our cameras out for iconic pictures. They just scan your pass and you have awesome pictures waiting for you.

Darkbeer1

There are many options from Disneyland to the Hilton Anaheim (next to the Anaheim Convention Area).

It is less than a 1 mile walk, which is safe to walk at Midnight, just follow many other park guests towards the Hotels.

Or you could take the ART Shuttle, $6 for an all day pass. Very frequent service to the Hilton, and the Marriott right next door.

www.rideart.org

Or you can take Uber/Lyft/Yellow Cab. The price is very close due to the short difference. I like the cab option, as all you do is walk up and get into one waiting (The closest pick up zone is on Harbor, just south of the Main Entrance crosswalk at the Traffic Light). Much easier than having to wait for a driver, identify the proper vehicle, etc.

As for MaxPass, I would do the Matterhorn or Space Mountain for DL as easy access to the Main Entrance and long waits. At DCA, I would do Radiator Springs.

George Lucas on a Bench

I don't recommend getting a ride from the drop-off/pick-up area on Harbor. It's directly to the left of the DLR entrance, but it's always a mess every night with people sitting on the sidewalk waiting and cars backing up so badly they have crossing guards stopping traffic now just so people can cross the street.

Just walk somewhere else and get picked up there or do the 15 minute walk to save time.

beachlover4444

Original Poster
It is completely safe to walk around after closing. You will not be the only ones. I feel safe with my young family to walk to our hotels which are usually on Katella or ball. The uber/lyft pickup is on the east side right off of harbour. We have started to use the ART system and its awesome at only 6 bucks a day.

We use max pass 3-5 times per day. There are a couple of rides that are always crazy that we seek to get a pass to right away. Radiator Spring, Soarin, and toy story in DCA and Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Matterhorn and Indiana Jones. The key to getting all the rides is be there early and you can pretty much walk on to everything during the week. It's also nice to have the photo pass option with Max pass. We haven't had to worry about getting our cameras out for iconic pictures. They just scan your pass and you have awesome pictures waiting for you.
thank you for the info. ive watched so many you tube videos i think i have the park memorized by now. we are switching from a 3 day to a 4 day hopper w maxpass because Christmas begins Nov 8 so I know that Friday Saturday will be crowded and media folks will be there filming. I am excited we get to see it transition over and alot of the rides will be switching over to the holiday overlays. Indiana is supposed to reopen the 8th so we have our fingers crossed. Weve been watching the refurb updates daily. We want to stay to do the night shows any suggestions where to be to have good views of them or the Christmas parade. Where will the parade route go?

blocker.shane

There are many options from Disneyland to the Hilton Anaheim (next to the Anaheim Convention Area).

It is less than a 1 mile walk, which is safe to walk at Midnight, just follow many other park guests towards the Hotels.

Or you could take the ART Shuttle, $6 for an all day pass. Very frequent service to the Hilton, and the Marriott right next door.

www.rideart.org

Or you can take Uber/Lyft/Yellow Cab. The price is very close due to the short difference. I like the cab option, as all you do is walk up and get into one waiting (The closest pick up zone is on Harbor, just south of the Main Entrance crosswalk at the Traffic Light). Much easier than having to wait for a driver, identify the proper vehicle, etc.

As for MaxPass, I would do the Matterhorn or Space Mountain for DL as easy access to the Main Entrance and long waits. At DCA, I would do Radiator Springs.

I want to thank you for your suggestion of using ART. This was our 1 year to get AP's as our 2-year-old is free and we located in Southern Utah so can make the drive pretty quickly. We have usually paid for parking or made the long trek to our hotel. You had mentioned many times in these forums about ART. My wife and I had an anniversary trip in September and decided to use this. It saved us a ton of money and worked great. I always appreciate your insight.

beachlover4444

Original Poster

www.rideart.org

thanks for the advice. any advice on the christmas parade route, where does it begin and end? I thought art tickets were 4.00 each person for 1 way so i wasnt aware of the all day pass. . thanks.

blocker.shane

thank you for the info. ive watched so many you tube videos i think i have the park memorized by now. we are switching from a 3 day to a 4 day hopper w maxpass because Christmas begins Nov 8 so I know that Friday Saturday will be crowded and media folks will be there filming. I am excited we get to see it transition over and alot of the rides will be switching over to the holiday overlays. Indiana is supposed to reopen the 8th so we have our fingers crossed. Weve been watching the refurb updates daily. We want to stay to do the night shows any suggestions where to be to have good views of them or the Christmas parade. Where will the parade route go?
The first parade starts by Small World and goes down main street. Then in reverse for the second showing. We always love sitting by fantasy land or the Matterhorn. If you get set up early enough you can get a bench.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom