Uber and Disney?

EnchantedRose

So i am going in two weeks...and plan on using Uber.

Has anyone used Uber getting from an off property hotel to Disney park?

How was your experience?

Rob562

I have friends who used them in/around the Disney area last June which was right when they were first starting up in the Orlando area. If you go onto the Uber site and look at the map showing the coverage area for Orlando it doesn't include the WDW property, but apparently they're picking up everywhere.

We didn't end up needing to use them when we were there in November, but I wouldn't hesitate to. My friends here in Boston swear by Uber.

-Rob

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
I have friends who used them in/around the Disney area last June which was right when they were first starting up in the Orlando area. If you go onto the Uber site and look at the map showing the coverage area for Orlando it doesn't include the WDW property, but apparently they're picking up everywhere.

We didn't end up needing to use them when we were there in November, but I wouldn't hesitate to. My friends here in Boston swear by Uber.

-Rob

I know they don't pick up at the MCO - we set up Mears...however they will take us to the airport on the way home...and after pricing it, it was the same as Mears...and we'll be alone. Which is a plus since we have to catch them at 4am.

A lot of people i know swear by UBER....i haven't yet to hear anything bad. I tried setting up trips from say our hotel to the Magic Kingdom...and it didn't give any issues.

Hoping they work in the WDW area!!

Upvote 0

WhatJaneSays

I’ve used Uber a few times in the area just not on property. I feel that getting directly to a park via Uber might be hit-or-miss depending on how busy it is. If there is restricted entry going on the drivers may have issues getting you where you need to go. Dropping folks off at the TTC is fairly easy the driver might just need a bit more navigation finesse if it’s busy.

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
I’ve used Uber a few times in the area just not on property. I feel that getting directly to a park via Uber might be hit-or-miss depending on how busy it is. If there is restricted entry going on the drivers may have issues getting you where you need to go. Dropping folks off at the TTC is fairly easy the driver might just need a bit more navigation finesse if it’s busy.

That's what we were thinking....since parks to have parking fees etc. We were either going to have them drop us off at TTC and go from there....OR drop us off at a resort...i'll even take DTD and bus it from there.
We are probably going to UBER it in the am the two days we're going to MK since we have super early reservations....and probably on two nights....since we want to stay till closing at MK.

Upvote 0

WhatJaneSays

That's what we were thinking....since parks to have parking fees etc. We were either going to have them drop us off at TTC and go from there....OR drop us off at a resort...i'll even take DTD and bus it from there.
We are probably going to UBER it in the am the two days we're going to MK since we have super early reservations....and probably on two nights....since we want to stay till closing at MK.
Picking people up at the end of the night is generally easier. Most parks besides MK tend to not even have anyone manning the parking gates once the park is closed; your driver could just pick you up right from the parking lot. Boardwalk is the easiest drop off for Epcot or DHS because they rarely question people.

Be totally willing to ask your Uber driver how familiar they are with the WDW property, there are often quicker/fewer miles ways to get places than the ways the road signs or GPS direct you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom