Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach??

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Personally I like typhoon lagoon better, but with a 5 year I would probably choose BB. I would choose BB because I remember there being a kids area there and the wave pool doesn't have the huge waves. However if you have a taller 5 year old who likes slides I think the slides are good at each. Typhoon does have the water coaster which would be fun for a kid.

Upvote 0

PineapplePrincess

We are partial to Typhoon Lagoon. I just like the theming there better. Maybe it's because I'm from Michigan and hate snow! That being said, if your child likes mini golf, then I would go to Blizzard Beach and do Winter/Summerland too. There are some great photo ops at both parks!

Upvote 0

luv

Blizzard has the better play area for little kids. They both have good regular slides, but Blizzard also has some thrill slides in addition to the regular ones.

They both have lazy rivers that are nearly identical, but Blizzard has this sneezing guy that kids tend to love. It's just one small section of the loop and is a voice of a guy saying things like, "I've got a cold in my nose...ah...ah...achoo!" and then water gets spurted out. Typhoon has spurting water on the lazy river, too, but no voice. I hate that sneezing guy, lol, but kids get a real kick out of it.

They both have beaches, bars, donuts, fast food and gift shops. Blizzard has the better gift shop.

Typhoon has a "swim with a shark" thing. Blizzard doesn't.

They both have wave pools, but they're different. The biggest difference is that Typhoon's wave pool is bigger and has one big wave that comes through and knocks everyone around. They do that every 90 seconds or whatever for a period of time. They also do periods of the smaller, "bobbing" waves. Blizzard only does the smaller, bobbing waves.

At Blizzard, you can sit on an inner tube in the wave pool. You dont have to, but you can. Typhoon doesn't allow those in the wave pool.

So, the biggest differences are they kid play area (Blizzard), the "swim with a shark" thing (Typhoon), the thrill slides (Blizzard) and the thrill wave (Typhoon.)

Again, don't make the mistake of thinking that Blizzard has thrill slides ONLY. They don't. They have them in addition to the other slides. People tend to think that since Blizzard has thrill slides, that's all they have. Don't make that mistake. :)

I've been noticing a trend that makes Blizzard out as the park that isn't good for kids and it just couldn't be further from the truth.

Like someone else said, if you want to go mini-golfing after the water park, Blizzard is the place to do that! I don't know how many people would have the energy to go golfing after a day in a water park, but you could easily do it there. They're all on the same grounds.

Good luck deciding!!

Upvote 0

luv

Looks like we may have to do both!! My grandson is a little dare devil when it comes to water!
If you have the time, they're both worth a visit! If you go in the morning, try to get there for opening so that you get a chair. Arriving after 1:00ish will usually get you at least one chair, too. Arriving at 10:30 may mean (say it in your best Soup Nazi voice) "No Chair For You!" Chairs are kinda important. If you don't have one, there is no place to put your stuff...no home base.

Believe it or not, most people have had enough sun and water after just a few hours. So you might plan half days at each. Or you might not! Just a small tip. :)

I love the water parks. Always skipped them as a vacationer, but now I spend much more time in them than I do in the other four. :) If you have any really specific questions, let me know. I'm there all the time, so if I don't know, I can find out. :)

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom