Typhoon Lagoon New Raft Ride - Miss Adventure Falls

Disone

Ordinary tube rides are so... ordinary. They're everywhere. Aquatica, Atlantis, and even the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas have slides that put you through underwater glass tubes surrounded by fish. That's pretty neat! Then there's Schlitterbahn, who almost always puts a unique twist on their chutes, either by sending waves down the river, blasting rafts up hills, or adding dark ride and animatronic elements. See here for my favorite example:

Universal seems to be getting in on the action Schlitterbahn started, but with a considerably higher budget, with its Volcano Bay park. To quote, "Imagine a place that offers radically innovative, thrilling attractions, peaceful moments of relaxation and an inspired guest experience that will forever change the perception of water theme parks."

I hope Disney does something unique. I don't go to Disney World for replications of my local parks.

Well that's good. I will you Schlitterbahn, I cannot agree that TY and BB are replications of local parks. IF they were Universal would just keep said local park Wet and Wild. Instead they need VB in order to compete with Disney's water Parks.

Disone

How exactly did you come to this conclusion? I know Universal has a tendency to get things done much faster than Disney, but believe it or not, that pile of dirt with some steel, concrete and slide parts scattered about isn't a finished product. Weird, I know.
Because the volcano is being building with water slides coming into and out of its infrastructure BUT So far many of the rest of the water slides in the part look to have the typical water park infrastructure of steel beams, support poles, and colorful fiberglass slide pieces. Construction is also highly visible from the freeway. Which does begs the question, will the freeway be highly visible from the water park?

Yes it's a little early to tell, but the water park is well into its vertical phase of construction and things are beginning to look complete.

Last edited:

JT3000

Because the volcano is being building with water slides coming into and out of its infrastructur BUT So far many of the rest of the water slides in the part look to have the typical water park infrastructure of steel beams, support poles, and colorful fiberglass slide pieces.

Construction of steel structures usually begins with steel beams and supports. I've heard plaster and other materials used in theming make for inadequate substitutes.

Disone

Construction of steel structures usually begins with steel beams and supports. I've heard plaster and other materials used in theming make for inadequate substitutes.
Down boy. I'm not fighting you here. I'm just sharing my observations. Themeing is already occurring to much of the rest the park. But many of the slides looked to be lacking theme even though they are far more complete than the water slides being built around the volcano. I'm very familiar with how a Park is built I don't need you to lecture me on it. Thank you though.

JT3000

Down boy. I'm not fighting you here. I'm just sharing my observations. Themeing is already occurring to much of the rest the park. But many of the slides looked to be lacking theme even though they are far more complete than the water slides being built around the volcano. I'm very familiar with how a Park is built I don't need you to lecture me on it. Thank you though.

There's a reason I'm being so sarcastic. I don't know what park y'all are looking at, but it isn't Volcano Bay. If you think this is beginning to look complete, an entire semester on construction is in order, not a lecture.

800x450
'
800x450

Disone

There's a reason I'm being so sarcastic. I don't know what park y'all are looking at, but it isn't Volcano Bay. If you think this is beginning to look complete, an entire semester on construction is in order, not a lecture.

800x450
'
800x450
First. I apologize for my sarcasm. I tried to stay above that and I did not. Second... look at the blue and green slides. JT, there is not indication anything more is going on there then what is going on there. They are not going to be hidden inside a yet to be build artificial rock work. So someone see's that and says.... oh, its Wet and Wild with a Valcano being build near by. Finally, these are great pics, but I *feel* like, based on my daily drive bys, they are not the most recent. Last I drove by other slides similar to the green and blues seen were were vertical in other sections of the park and the valcano had slide pieces going into it and out of it. Great pics though, Sincere thank you for sharing.

Grumpy4196

Any chance this is driven at least in part to the Margaritaville Resort that is being built right down the road in the US 192 and 429 area? It will also have a Waterpark as well as a 3 acre freshwater pool.

Disone

^^^ maybe. I feel like this is Disney just offering something new to mitigate damage. VB opens and many might be tempting to go try the new park. But when the ole tried and true standby, is now offering something new.... Lets just stay here and try the new offering. How effective a family raft ride will do that..... that is greatly debatable. I think Disney needed to do something they have not done yet. A torrent river. I think VB is going to have one, the "lazy river" looks more consistence with the high walls and deep water of a torrent river. Which is like a lazy river but has white water waves hurling through it.

Bluewaves

Both Disney waterparks have felt stale, it'll be good to see some new things coming along, maybe a new something at Blizzard beach to??? Yea I know that won't happen but its all good, Typhoon Lagoon is still my favorite, good to see it getting some love.

DABIGCHEEZ

It is great to see Disney replacing the current lame excuse for a family raft ride at TL. That being said the WDW water parks, like the theme parks, were getting stale as competition outside the WDW bubble(not just Uni) stepped up their game and WDW just stagnated.

ryguy

Here's hoping this family raft ride will force a replacement to gang plank falls. Really bad ride. There is such great new technology in the water park industry the last 10 years, so lets hope for some state of the art stuff. I am surprised BB isn't getting something first, 25 years and no new rides is a joke.

wdwgreek

Huh, I forgot the water parks existed, or had rides built in them! Silly me and all this time I thought Disney just had a thing with building water parks and letting them languish into swampland!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom