Two weeks, too short?

motherof3

We're coming to Orlando in two weeks. We were originally not thinking Disney, but feel like it's a shame to be that close and not check it out. None of us have ever been.
The problem is, we will only have a day or so to do it. Is it worth it for that short of time? Will we be able to do anything with this short notice?
Any suggestions on how to make the most of it?

Walt Disney WORLD in a DAY?

I guess that is reliable, if you visit one of the 4 parks. I think Magic Kingdom is a great start, if this is your first visit to WDW. Have a conversation with your family/friends, and look for the interests.

Have a look in the future: Epcot
Be the star in a Hollywood movie - Hollywood Studio's
Go on a safari-trip - Animal Kingdom
but..

Do you want to feel the magic and go through all the main stuff? Go to Magic Kingdom, that's my opinion. You can see everything in a day if you start to explore early.

Remember: Those waiting times are kiling! :(

Wishing you all the best and luck

-EnchantedMouse

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
If your asking if it's worth it to visit WDW for any length of time around this joint you're going to get a "heck yeah" from most people.

You're NOT going to see all of WDW in one day. However you're probably thinking about the Magic Kingdom.
In that case - If you get there early and stay all day you're going to get see quite a bit and should enjoy yourself.

If it's worth the price of admission to the MK is up to you. I'm not sure what it is but you can look online or someone here will answer.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

When I first read the title of the thread I was going to answer to "Two weeks being too short of a stay". My answer would be yes as we would typically stay for 2 weeks each trip to WDW.

Now going for one day? Sorry it is off the charts for me. I can't imagine that short of a trip. The shortest we have done was a surprise 15th anniversary trip for my wife for 4 days or basically and extended weekend. That was tough and it seemed like we could not enjoy and relax.

To be honest you could never completely any single one of the parks in one day let alone all of WDW. Pick a park you want to visit an try to plan what you would like to see and see those thing first. Be open minded as WDW is or can be crazy crowded. Also get to the park you are going to visit at least 1/2 hour before it opens and plan to stay as long as you can. Oh, and enjoy yourself because you are in the world!

Upvote 0

motherof3

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. Yes. I assumed that if we went, we would only be able to do one of the parks, most likely Magic Kingdom. And I was asking if it was worth it, if you only have a limited amount of time, so I appreciate you answering that question as well.
Any tips on where to get tickets for only one day? And how much is parking? Are all of the lots the same price? Or no?

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Thanks for the info. Yes. I assumed that if we went, we would only be able to do one of the parks, most likely Magic Kingdom. And I was asking if it was worth it, if you only have a limited amount of time, so I appreciate you answering that question as well.
Any tips on where to get tickets for only one day? And how much is parking? Are all of the lots the same price? Or no?
It's $15 to park at any of the theme parks. I'm not positive, but I don't think there are any discounts on 1-day tickets. At this point, I would just wait till you get to Orlando and buy them at the gate of the park. That way, if you decide you don't want to go, no harm done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Also MK one tickets are more

MK one day adult $101.18
MK one day child $94.97
Other 3 parks one day adult $95.85
Other 3 parks one day child $89.46

Adult 10+ Y/O
Child 3-9 Y/O

I also do not believe there are any discounts on the one days tickets

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

For one day and never have been, I'd go to the Magic Kingdom and arrive at rope drop and leave after the fireworks. Now if you have 2 days, I'd do the Magic Kingdom as well as Epcot. We just returned from two weeks in the world, and felt it could of been longer.......

Upvote 0

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.

IMHO, any day in WDW is better than a day in the real world, I would recommend Magic Kingdom if you only one day.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Go for Magic Kingdom! You won't be sorry to spend the money even for a day. I would arrive at least 30-45 minutes before open to see the opening show and to get the most of your day. Have fun!
Also to save time I would buy your ticket ahead of time instead of waiting in line. The only place I've bought tickets is through Disney at their website. There are some reputable places but I've never personally bought through them.

Upvote 0

Stevek

For one day and never have been, I'd go to the Magic Kingdom and arrive at rope drop and leave after the fireworks. Now if you have 2 days, I'd do the Magic Kingdom as well as Epcot. We just returned from two weeks in the world, and felt it could of been longer.......

Which is exactly what we are doing. 2 days in the parks, Sunday at MK and Monday at Epcot. Have to finish our trip off with Via Napoli and Reflections of Earth.

Upvote 0

motherof3

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the advice, and think we'll probably do it. My son loves Mickey and Monsters Inc. equally. I'm a little bummed that they seem to be in separate locations, but I think there's enough to do at MK that everyone will have a great time.
Thanks again!

Upvote 0

jencor

I agree with everyone else - do it. No question I would choose MK over the others. It has a lot more to do and if you want that WOW feeling, you will get it most there when you enter the parks and see the castle. I think MK has more of a magical feeling that will make you want to come back. Good luck in the decision. Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom