Two people signed into one account for dining reservations?

ada0801

Original Poster
We make our dining reservations on Sunday and we only have one MDE account between the two of us (makes life easier for me to manage everyone). Can we both be signed in to the one account at the same time to make reservations to double the efforts? Or will that kick me out? Has anyone tried this?

TIA

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Though I have not tried this, you can experiment by choosing a date less than 180 days out, selecting a restaurant and having both try to find a time.

However I think you are stressing unnecessarily. If you are logged on promptly at 6 am on Day 180, you should have no difficulty securing the ADRs you want (especially if your party is 6 or less.) Book the harder-to-get ADRs first (for example, BOG, CRT, ‘Ohana) and then book the rest. If you get a “no times available” message don’t panic.....Dining packages and some restaurants are often not loaded into the system that far out. (Ridiculous, I know.) Keep checking back.

CaptainAmerica

We make our dining reservations on Sunday and we only have one MDE account between the two of us (makes life easier for me to manage everyone). Can we both be signed in to the one account at the same time to make reservations to double the efforts? Or will that kick me out? Has anyone tried this?

TIA
That definitely does NOT make your life easier. It actually makes your life much more difficult. Every adult should have their own MDE account.

I think @Rob562 is the primary evangelist on this particular issue, but I may be mistaken.

ada0801

Original Poster
Though I have not tried this, you can experiment by choosing a date less than 180 days out, selecting a restaurant and having both try to find a time.

However I think you are stressing unnecessarily. If you are logged on promptly at 6 am on Day 180, you should have no difficulty securing the ADRs you want (especially if your party is 6 or less.) Book the harder-to-get ADRs first (for example, BOG, CRT, ‘Ohana) and then book the rest. If you get a “no times available” message don’t panic.....Dining packages and some restaurants are often not loaded into the system that far out. (Ridiculous, I know.) Keep checking back.

I am booking for a group of 10 Thanksgiving weekend. I am actually logging in through my dads account which I manage since he is arriving one day earlier than the rest of us and my mom doesn’t have an account because to have them both have one would be too much on me (it’s complicated). I manage their account and my family (when people can’t technology 😝). We will make due with what we get. CRT is the most important all week. I will just do my best!

CaptainAmerica

I am booking for a group of 10 Thanksgiving weekend. I am actually logging in through my dads account which I manage since he is arriving one day earlier than the rest of us and my mom doesn’t have an account because to have them both have one would be too much on me (it’s complicated). I manage their account and my family (when people can’t technology 😝). We will make due with what we get. CRT is the most important all week. I will just do my best!
Even if they never ever log in, it'll still make your life MUCH easier if everyone has their own account.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

TIA

Everyone should have their own MDE account. Just include as Family and Friends those you will share plans with. And indicate they travel frequently with you. When it comes time to make an ADR, indicate the number of guests. The person making the reservation will be the primary. You will be asked to choose the other members of the party from your Family and Friends list. Then the ADRs will show up on their MDE account, once the reservation is confirmed. But only the primary guest will be able to make changes.

Actually, two can sign into the same MDE account at the same time. I just did it with mine, using my phone and my tablet. And made two ADRs.

Last edited:

DisAl

Both I and my SIL were signed in on my account at the same time on our 180 day mark. Yes, he does have his own MDE account but we find it simpler to have ALL of the ADRs and FPs on ONE account for our whole family group. That way we have one schedule and that avoids inadvertent conflicts if you have two separate schedules on two MDE accounts. With his separate MDE account he has his own credit card on file with PINs for charges for their part of the family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom