Two new Walt Disney World Resort offers available today

Dad 2 M & M

There is REALLY some qwerks in the system right now....just checked for Jan 19, checking out the next day (planning on attending the After Hours)....ALL of the Value Resorts are have Gift of Magic Room Only availability....for $5 MORE than the standard room rate! Some of the Mods are $4-$5 more, and a few Deluxes are $10 .... whatever updates they did last week really has a few kinks that are in need of being ironed out.....

clarabellej

It was room only, you have to call Disney directly and ask for it. I never received an email or anything from Visa.
There is REALLY some qwerks in the system right now....just checked for Jan 19, checking out the next day (planning on attending the After Hours)....ALL of the Value Resorts are have Gift of Magic Room Only availability....for $5 MORE than the standard room rate! Some of the Mods are $4-$5 more, and a few Deluxes are $10 .... whatever updates they did last week really has a few kinks that are in need of being ironed out.....
Sorry if I am asking this in the wrong place. I have a hard time figuring out where to post.

I booked the “Gift of Magic” offer when it first came out.

We always stay at Pop and this offer gave us a 15% discount. I am glad I booked when I did. It looks like the preferred rooms are no longer available for our Spring Break Trip.

Part of the offer stated:
<Treat your family to the best gift of all—quality time together in the middle of the magic.
Save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights from January 1 through April 14, 2018 when you book though January 2, 2018.

Plus, when you upgrade to a room and ticket package that includes a minimum 5-day theme park tickets with the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option, you get one more day added to the ticket, FREE.*

This special offer is valid for the Disney Resort hotels listed below. View the chart to explore savings within each Resort Category.>

When I initially booked I didn’t choose the park hopper option.

Then I started thinking might as well.

I called and spoke with a CM who said the offer was not available any longer or some such nonesense.

I thought I might get a better response if I wrote to Disney. I received a very scripted response that basically said they did not have access to my reservation and that I needed to call.

So today I decided to call again.

What I wanted was to take full advantage of my Gift of Magic offer and by adding park hopper, get my free park day with the upgrade.

I got the nicest CM. She actually listened to my request!

The only problem I had was that she could not see that I had the “Gift of Magic” offer.

So frustrating. I thought...here we go again.

She said she could not add the hopper and put me on hold. She apparently spoke to some technical person and he made the change.

They gave me a 6 day hopper for $117. So supposedly my 6th park day is free. I assume this is correct because when I do the math I would normally be charged $75 per person for the 6 day hopper.

She was under the impression that because I had altered my initial reservation by adding a couple of park days, I no longer had my original offer.

Is this true? If you alter the offer by adding days, does it become obsolete?

Also, how can I tell if I am still getting my 15% off discount on my room?

I feel like I may have screwed things up.

I can still see “Gift of Magic” on my reservation on MDE. Why couldn’t the CM see that?

I had also at some point switched from standard to preferred room.

I received an email reflecting the new balance after adding park hopper.

But I also received a “thank you for booking” email. I thought this was odd since I booked months ago.

My final payment is due Feb 9th.

So how do I know what offer I have and how much I am paying per night?

I feel like something is fishy. Sorry for my rambling post.

DisAl

The only rooms available for the 10% (WOW :() at Wilderness Lodge were the Club Level rooms. No use to us.

clarabellej

At this point I am so confused.

Can someone tell me if adding a couple of days at the beginning of your reservation alters your offer.

I booked when Gift of Magic came out.

My Gift of Magic offer expired on Jan 2nd.

That does not change anything on my existing reservation, correct.

Now they’ve come up with Fun in the Sun or something along those lines.

We travel in March and it looks like this most recent offer is similar to what I have.

What is confusing the heck out of me, is that my “reservation details” page on MDE, does not reflect my updated reservation.

The package total is incorrect. Our park tickets don’t show the hopper I added.

The whole thing is a mess.

Gift of Magic showed a 15% discount on Pop.

At this point I am even doubting that.

Calling Disney has become a joke.

They act like they can’t “see” anything.

I am getting so fed up with this, I am tempted to just cancel the whole thing.

Used to be, if you couldn’t get an answer out of a CM, you could write to them.

Now I get ridiculous scripted non answers.

I just want all the details on my reservation to be correct. I want to know what discount I have. Is that so hard?

Does anyone have a really good Guest Services email for Disney?

nickys

Premium Member
At this point I am so confused.

Can someone tell me if adding a couple of days at the beginning of your reservation alters your offer.

I booked when Gift of Magic came out.

My Gift of Magic offer expired on Jan 2nd.

That does not change anything on my existing reservation, correct.

Now they’ve come up with Fun in the Sun or something along those lines.

We travel in March and it looks like this most recent offer is similar to what I have.

What is confusing the heck out of me, is that my “reservation details” page on MDE, does not reflect my updated reservation.

The package total is incorrect. Our park tickets don’t show the hopper I added.

The whole thing is a mess.

Gift of Magic showed a 15% discount on Pop.

At this point I am even doubting that.

Calling Disney has become a joke.

They act like they can’t “see” anything.

I am getting so fed up with this, I am tempted to just cancel the whole thing.

Used to be, if you couldn’t get an answer out of a CM, you could write to them.

Now I get ridiculous scripted non answers.

I just want all the details on my reservation to be correct. I want to know what discount I have. Is that so hard?

Does anyone have a really good Guest Services email for Disney?

As far as changing what you booked, it depends I think on what you did. If you were trying to extend the package under the offer , it would probably need to be rebooked, and the offer may have limited availability in terms of length of stay, dates and no. of rooms etc. The same could be true if you changed the tickets that came with the original package.

If you simply booked a room only stay immediately preceding or following your package it would be priced separately and it would essentially become a second reservation.

From your posts I have a feeling that when you extended, you weren't told it wouldn't be under the offer, which is why the CM couldn't simply upgrade it. The fact that she told you the offer wasn't available any more is telling, as that wouldn't have mattered if your reservation was still under the original offer.

I would certainly ask to speak to a supervisor and see what they can do.

clarabellej

As far as changing what you booked, it depends I think on what you did. If you were trying to extend the package under the offer , it would probably need to be rebooked, and the offer may have limited availability in terms of length of stay, dates and no. of rooms etc. The same could be true if you changed the tickets that came with the original package.

If you simply booked a room only stay immediately preceding or following your package it would be priced separately and it would essentially become a second reservation.

From your posts I have a feeling that when you extended, you weren't told it wouldn't be under the offer, which is why the CM couldn't simply upgrade it. The fact that she told you the offer wasn't available any more is telling, as that wouldn't have mattered if your reservation was still under the original offer.

I would certainly ask to speak to a supervisor and see what they can do.
The new offer that just came out made me nervous. It is basically the same, but new name. Of course I would change the entire thing if there was a huge difference in price.

There is not much of a difference though. We have a preferred room and are paying only slightly more than the standard. So that is good!

A little concerned with the discrepancies on MDE still.

Now when I click on reservation details (which still shows “Gift of Magic”) I get dates that don’t even fit the days we’ll be there. So crazy.

I will keep an eye on my reservation. If it does not get updated on all the screens, I will ask to speak to a supervisor.

My worst nightmare is that we lose our deal w/preferred room. This is spring break and when I check now, there is no availability.

We need to pay some $600 still on the more than $2000 package. I think the fine print says prices can change until paid in full.

They can’t suddenly say you don’t have a room, right?

I had divided the payments up and have paid a chunk monthly. Last payment will be due Feb 9th. Will pay before then. Payment went up bc I added hopper.

We were supposedly getting 15% off Pop, and 1 “free” day by upgrading to hopper.

I think when I did a mock booking with a standard room at Pop without an offer, we were saving around $176 compared to our offer rate.

I am horrible with numbers. Does this sound like 15% off on a 7 night stay with hopper tickets?

I probably better leave things alone before I mess them up further!

And to think we were originally staying Tues thru Sunday for around $1600.

Then I had the bright idea we needed more days.

Now I am just rambling.

clarabellej

You know what, I am just going to “let it go!”

I was just reviewing emails I received from Disney Travel Company (which I am tempted to print out/in case they vanish,lol!).

On Jan 1 (easy to remember) I did receive one showing the addition of my park hopper and correct balance.

I think what thru me was that yesterday I received another email confirming a payment in Dec with old balance and no park hopper.

Not sure why that was sent??

Oh well. I have emails proving all is in order, even though MDE is not 100% correct.

Current total for 7 nights preferred room Pop, 6 park days with hopper: $2169.89.

Still not sure what offer (or if I have 15% off my room?) I have if any, but I have a preferred room at Pop for Spring Break!

Let it go!!!!! Or should I be crying and singing “Remember me?”

Tuvalu

@clarabellej

A non-discounted room for 2 guests with a 6 day park hopper in a preferred room at Pop Century for 7 nights March 11-18 (which I guessed are your dates) is $2427.65.

Your package of $2169.89 is a savings of $257.76, just a little over 10 percent of the non-discounted total if your dates are the same ones I used.

Using the Disney website rather than the MDE app is usually more accurate for resort reservation packages and payments. Sounds like you still got a deal at the resort you wanted in the room category you wanted. Be happy, you’re going to WDW! :)

clarabellej

@clarabellej

A non-discounted room for 2 guests with a 6 day park hopper in a preferred room at Pop Century for 7 nights March 11-18 (which I guessed are your dates) is $2427.65.

Your package of $2169.89 is a savings of $257.76, just a little over 10 percent of the non-discounted total if your dates are the same ones I used.

Using the Disney website rather than the MDE app is usually more accurate for resort reservation packages and payments. Sounds like you still got a deal at the resort you wanted in the room category you wanted. Be happy, you’re going to WDW! :)
Thanks for doing the math for me Tuvalu! I feel better. Surely my booking so long ago has to count for something. And I just read on “Build a Better Mouse Trip” site that the new offer does overlap some dates. They mention that I might have a better deal. Which if I looked correctly, I think we did get Preferred for Standard price. The other thing that made me feel better was comparing the cost of last year’s trip. I may not have gotten a steal, but I am happy we are going!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom