Two New VIP Tours Debuting at Walt Disney World

AEfx

OK, let's look at the highest demand attractions, getting to 10 across those 3 parks:
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
  • Tower of Terror
  • Toy Story Mania
  • Star Tours
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Space Mountain
  • Splash Mountain
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Expedition Everest
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris
Yes, you could argue for other things like Pan, Pirates, Mansion, Dinosaur, etc but I think that's a reasonable enough list. Assuming an hour of travel time and an hour of eating time (both conservative) It's still a pretty big stretch to hit up a lineup like this in 4 hours.

I'm sure @lentesta could come up with a touringplan to do all this fairly easily in a day, but cramming it all in a 6 hour VIP tour seems extreme.

Yeah, that was my thought as well. That's gotta be a whirlwind trip.

Even with backstage road travel (presumably they won't be going through the main gates after you enter the MK for the first time that day), that is a lot to hit and quite a distance to cover. I mean, they would have to plan that like a marathon - for instance, van parks and you enter at the backstage entrance next to Star Tours (you can drive right up to it), do Star Tours, then Midway Mania, and then cross over through the park to RnR/ToT, and then the van is waiting for you at the backstage road there. Doing stuff like that is the only way I can see this reasonably accomplished.

The Empress Lilly

Bottom line is: if people pay, the tours will stay. If you don't pay, the tours won't affect you.
If I skip ahead of you in line you would freak out and tell me to get back behind you, wouldn't you? And you'd be right too. Same thing here, except people paid to skip ahead, in effect taking your place. What WDW ought to do then is refund the other guests the proceeds from these front of line passes for lessening their experience.

BigTxEars

If I skip ahead of you in line you would freak out and tell me to get back behind you, wouldn't you? And you'd be right too. Same thing here, except people paid to skip ahead, in effect taking your place. What WDW ought to do then is refund the other guests the proceeds from these front of line passes for lessening their experience.

I would guess that train of thought follows for 60 out FP+ for resort guest as well? I mean it's the same concept, I get a place ahead of someone in line if I pay for a resort room and they do not if the FP+ for that time or attraction are all gone when they can book their FP+. Thus I paid more for a place in line correct? We have seen this for the Frozen M&G recently at WDW.

To me it's all part of the perks for paying more be it staying on site or a tour like this. I am personally fine with it as it is just how the world operates.

I know using the express pass at Uni is much the same thing, pay more and get a shorter wait. I sometimes get some dirty looks when using the Express Pass at Uni :)

I would say from a "fairness" standpoint Disney method is more fair than Uni, at Disney everybody get a shot at FP+, at Uni if you don't pay more (for a room or OOP) you get no shot at express pass.

But then I am not a big believer in the whole "fairness" mentality that says everyone must be treated equal at all times :confused:

The Empress Lilly

I would guess that train of thought follows for 60 out FP+ for resort guest as well? I mean it's the same concept, I get a place ahead of someone in line if I pay for a resort room and they do not if the FP+ for that time or attraction are all gone when they can book their FP+. Thus I paid more for a place in line correct? We have seen this for the Frozen M&G recently at WDW.

To me it's all part of the perks for paying more be it staying on site or a tour like this. I am personally fine with it as it is just how the world operates.

I know using the express pass at Uni is much the same thing, pay more and get a shorter wait. I sometimes get some dirty looks when using the Express Pass at Uni :)

I would say from a "fairness" standpoint Disney method is more fair than Uni, at Disney everybody get a shot at FP+, at Uni if you don't pay more (for a room or OOP) you get no shot at express pass.

But then I am not a big believer in the whole "fairness" mentality that says everyone must be treated equal at all times :confused:
Whatever my thoughts on that, my point was that these VIP Tours are not an added extra at WDW, not an extra service that merely provides more for an upcharge to those that buy it, but something that also directly affects those who do not. Capacity attractions are a zero sum game. One can see this if Disney were to sell 2000 front-of-line tickets...uh vip tours, per hour for a ride with a 2000 per hour capacity. Your ordinary ticket for that ride is now worthless. The greater the number of front-of-line passes move from zero to that 2000, the greater the worth of your ordinary ticket is diminished.

If you have bought a ticket before these tours were announced, for a period when they will have been installed, you have a good case in court for a partial refund. (Barring, no doubt, crafty small print :p ) I wish I had a ticket, I would sue TDO for $0.15 just because I enjoy armwrestling multinationals!

BigTxEars

Whatever my thoughts on that, my point was that these VIP Tours are not an added extra at WDW, not an extra service that merely provides more for an upcharge to those that buy it, but something that also directly affects those who do not. Capacity attractions are a zero sum game. One can see this if Disney were to sell 2000 front-of-line tickets...uh vip tours, per hour for a ride with a 2000 per hour capacity. Your ordinary ticket for that ride is now worthless. The greater the number of front-of-line passes move from zero to that 2000, the greater the worth of your ordinary ticket is diminished.

If you have bought a ticket before these tours were announced, for a period when they will have been installed, you have a good case in court for a partial refund. (Barring, no doubt, crafty small print :p ) I wish I had a ticket, I would sue TDO for $0.15 just because I enjoy armwrestling multinationals!

I would love to see the judge/jury in your $0.15 case :)

An FP+ issue like I posted does indeed directly effect those who does not book a resort room at WDW (i.e. pay Disney more) just as this VIP tour does.

I had a FP+ this past June for the Frozen M&G, booked it 60 days out as we stayed on property. Folks who did not stay on property could not book that same FP+ 30 days out, this I know due to a thread on this forum saying just that. I then checked out of curosity and that was indeed the case.

So because I paid more (via my room) than they did my FP+ effected them as they could not get one. And then the folks in the standby line had to wait longer while I was using my FP+ so it effect them as well.

Either way though this VIP tour is not going to be so popular that it effects the line in any real way in my opinion. I just don't think the numbers will be there to effect the lines.

Last edited:

wilkeliza

You would have no legal standing because the small print says that attractions, shows, etc are subject to availability and not all may be offered at any given time.

Also Disney would not sell 2000 front of the line tickets for a ride that only has a 2000 person ride capacity. Many of these tours have 10 or less families and only have one or two groups out each day. Even the $399 an hour true VIP tour guide has a limit because only so many guest relations CMs are allowed to give these tours.

omurice

Have people not heard the Good News about 5-day park hoppers? 5 days instead of 6 hours, for only 10 bucks more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom