Two morning strategy for MK for 5YO boys

Highgrovemanor

Headed out next week, have park reservations and a few ADRs, but no rope drop plans yet. I will watch the 'perfect day' YouTubes, but am wondering if there is a particular MK 2 morning strategy.

My twin 5YO boys are early risers, so will be there before official open but maybe not true rope drop. They are dare devil's, so the main limit is their 42" height.

We do have an ADR at Contemporay Wave @ 1:55 for the first day.

Many thanks all!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Headed out next week, have park reservations and a few ADRs, but no rope drop plans yet. I will watch the 'perfect day' YouTubes, but am wondering if there is a particular MK 2 morning strategy.

My twin 5YO boys are early risers, so will be there before official open but maybe not true rope drop. They are dare devil's, so the main limit is their 42" height.

Many thanks all!

At 42", Space Mountain is the only thing off the list so you are set for some pretty good days at Magic Kingdom!

The park is currently opening about 30 minutes before official opening time - if you really want to make the most of getting to rides, I'd suggest getting there about an hour before official opening time if you can. That would get you close to the front of the lines when the park does open. If you are staying onsite, check with bell services about early busses to MK - sometimes they run as early as two hours before park opening even though officially they don't start until closer.

One of the days you should bee-line to Seven Dwarfs as that and Space Mountain are the two biggest lines that start right at opening. On that day, assuming you want to do 'everything,' I'd head to Peter Pan next and then over to Haunted Mansion. Next I'd go to Adventureland and do Jungle Cruise and Pirates in that order. Then I'd just keep an eye on the lines via the MDE app and likely head back to Fantasyland and do the rest of the attractions there at a more leisurely pace.

The other day, I'd head straight to Big Thunder and Splash Mountains and start the morning with those two. Then cross the park to do Buzz Lightyear and the Speedway. After those, you can pick and choose the other attractions that you want to do.

With a couple 5yr old boys, I'd definitely plan an hour or so exploring Tom Sawyer Island on one of the days. And, not sure if they would be willing, but possibly a return to your room for a nap or just chill time on the day you don't have the Wave reservation. Even the highest energy kids get a bit overwhelmed and exhausted at Magic Kingdom! The mid-day break will allow you to come back for the evening and possibly re-do some of those big attractions when the lines go back down (which they will after about 6pm).

Have a great trip!!

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Many thanks all!
2 mornings like 2 separate days? If that is the case as suggested do Mine Train the one day then I would see what the line is for Peter Pan or just plan to do Peter Pan the other day because that sucked get a long like really fast. Let me suggest too, if you can try to watch a few movies, like Peter Pan, a Winnie The Pooh ECT if you haven't already to get the kids in the mood. Also be ready to adjust, that age is a little unpredictable, maybe do Pan first to ease them in as one of them might surprise you and decide they hate coasters after riding one and then think every ride might be like that if it is your first ride.

Upvote 0

ilovelabs2021

Many thanks all!
I would definitely make Splash Mountain and Mine Train priorities (one day 1, the other day 2). I have been looking at wait times lately to try to plan things for our July trip and they consistently have the longest wait times at MK.

Upvote 0

Highgrovemanor

Original Poster
Excellent!

So which is more intense:. Big Thunder or Mine Train? I want to build up the coaster intensity, as I am hoping they pick up Dad's love. One neighbor just got back and thinks he freaked out one of his boys who went front row at space mountain and FREAKED the whole time.

And would tom Sawyer island be better when "going left or right"? That is how I would LIKE to split the days, but like you said it's there day so my planning takes back seat!

Now this plan is firming up, time for more virtual queue practice! I am like 4 for 6, but the wife is 0 for 2 and we are running out of practice windows!

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I'd consider Big Thunder a bit more intense than Mine Train. It's also faster, not quite as smooth, and louder - so that makes it feel even more intense!

Tom Sawyer could be good either day. We used to love going over there late morning before lunch or early afternoon after lunch and just exploring for a while (and maybe playing a game of checkers or two).

In terms of Rise Virtual queue - one device on clock and the other logged into the app, waiting for to hit the Join button. If you all have HS park passes, it will automatically select everyone which makes it go quicker than when you try to do it from home on non-HS days. Crossing fingers for you!

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Excellent!

So which is more intense:. Big Thunder or Mine Train? I want to build up the coaster intensity, as I am hoping they pick up Dad's love. One neighbor just got back and thinks he freaked out one of his boys who went front row at space mountain and FREAKED the whole time.

And would tom Sawyer island be better when "going left or right"? That is how I would LIKE to split the days, but like you said it's there day so my planning takes back seat!

Now this plan is firming up, time for more virtual queue practice! I am like 4 for 6, but the wife is 0 for 2 and we are running out of practice windows!
Big Thunder is more intense. Probably the best coaster in MK if you ask me. Especially fun at night. Tom Sawyer works left or right, though myself we usually seem to hit it after coming from Adventure land towards Big Thunder and Splash. So left to right.

Upvote 0

ilovelabs2021

Excellent!

I would not call either intense, but Mine Train is a much smoother ride. BTM is louder and jerks some but that is what makes it so great!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom